Could use a little help

tigger1966

Original Poster
I am planning on going to Disney World Dec 2 -7, 2007. First time. I don't understand the tickets. Do you have to buy a ticket for each park at Disney? Why would you need a hopper pass? We are trying to fit alot in this short period of time.
Thanks

tigsmom

A hopper pass allows you to visit more than one park in a single day. If you do not have that option then you will have to spend all of your time in one park. This would make it impossible for you to visit the Magic Kingdom in the morning and then have dinner in Epcot that night.

Click here for ticket info

brkgnews

For all intents and purposes, you are buying tickets by the "day." There is no such thing as an "EPCOT ticket" or a "MK ticket."

So first, you need to decide how many days you want to be in a Disney park during your vacation... don't think right away about which park that is or how many parks to visit each day... just how many days you want to be in a Disney park during your trip.

Now that you know that number, think about whether you want to be in MORE THAN ONE Disney park on any of those days. If you prefer to be able to travel from park to park during the day, then you'll need the park hopper option.
If not, you can just buy "base tickets." These allow you to pick a park each day... once you pick that park, you're essentially "tied to it" for that day. You can sneak out for a nap at the hotel room, but if you want to go back to the park, you must go to the same park you're "tied" to.

Your tickets will expire within two weeks of the first use, but that probably won't affect you on your short trip. However, some people prefer to take advantage of discounts and buy for multiple trips at once, opting to pay more for non-expiring tickets.

These guidelines apply to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney-MGM Studios, and Animal Kingdom. If you want to go to water parks or other Disney destinations, there are separate tickets to be purchased.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the boards!

PS - If you get completely confused, might I suggest you contact some of the great boardmembers from Kingdom Konsultant? They can guide you through the process and assist with other travel needs (for no charge to you). I personally use "wannabebelle" (marie@kingdomkonsultant.com) and highly recommend her or any member of the KK staff.

Craig & Lisa

They are called a multi-day/park/hopper pass. Your buying one ticket to cover your length of stay which covers all parks. Go to one park in the morning, leave go for a rest then return to the same park or go to a different one. The name is Magic Your Way.

CleveRocks

They are called a multi-day/park/hopper pass. Your buying one ticket to cover your length of stay which covers all parks. Go to one park in the morning, leave go for a rest then return to the same park or go to a different one. The name is Magic Your Way.
I believe this is confusing information here.

"Magic Your Way" is simply Disney's name for any admission media currently sold. It has nothing to do with how many days are purchased or what options and add-ons are purchased.

brkgnews did a nice job of explaining everything.

Let's say you want to spend 5 calendar days inside the theme parks. You need to buy a a 5-day ticket per person. With a base ticket (the least expensive option), a 5-day ticket entitles you to go to one and only one park each day. It doesn't matter which park. However, let's say on Monday you start the day at Magic Kingdom. With a base ticket, once you've entered Magic Kingdom on Monday, you aren't permitted to enter any OTHER of the theme parks on that Monday. You can leave and come back to Magic Kingdom as much as you want on Monday, but you can't decide to then go to a different park on that same day.

Let's say for example that on Monday you start the day in Magic Kingdom but then want to see the fireworks/laser/music show at Epcot (the show is called IllumiNations) that night. In order to do this, you'd have to buy the park hopper option. A park hopper allows you to go to multiple different theme parks on the same calendar day. Without the park hopper, you are, as brkgnews put it so well, "tied" to only one park per day.

Some people have no want to go to more than one park a day. Some people would feel trapped and limited by not being able to go to more than one park in a single day. It depends what you want to do ....

Montyboy

so you have to have a different ticket for each park? I've been on that website but i'm still confused.

There is more to it... You buy a ticket per person for the duration of your stay (five or six days). Each day you can go to any park. When you enter that park your ticket is used for that day, and it can't be used to enter another park. The addition of the Park Hopper allows you to go to another park.
But once you use your ticket for that day, you can't use it again (that day) to enter different park.

The next day you can go to any park.

NewfieFan

I think some people here have already explained the tickets pretty good, so I'll skip that part. I'll give out some advice if it you want it. I don't know how long you plan on spending at Disney but there's a lot to see in those 4 parks!!! I'm assuming this is your first time... I would suggest you get the park hopper option. You may find you enjoy one park better than another, or you may find that part of a day in one park is enough, etc. The park hopper option gives you so much freedom to go and come as you please between parks. As some people have mentioned you can start your day in one park but end it in another. It gives you the freedom to see the fireworks (or any other night show) no matter what park you're in. I've been to Disney a few times and I always get the parkhopper option. I love breaking up the day! Hope you have a great trip to the "World"!

Oops! Just noticed you said "first time" - guess I assumed right!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Since you started out confused, it doesn't hurt to add more information... :p

What hasn't been mentioned thus far is you don't have to go on consecutive days. For example, if you want to visit other attractions in Central Florida [Kennedy Space Centre/Universal Studios/Sea World, etc], you don't have to buy admissions for every day you're there. You can stay on-site or off-site [I recommend on-site] for seven nights and only get a 5-day ticket. This allows you the option of not going to any of the four Disney Parks and go somewhere else [or even just take a day off in the middle to relax by your pool or visit Downtown Disney and/or the water parks instead]. Your ticket admissions can be used on any day for up to 14 days from the first time you use it.

So, to summarize:

MYW Base ticket: Good to enter only one park each day for the number of days you purchase any time within 14 days of the first time you use it.

MYW Hopper ticket: Good to enter any or all parks each day for the number of days you purchase any time within 14 days of the first time you use it.

MYW Base or Hopper ticket with No Expire Option: Same as respective tickets above, but you can purchase up to ten days' admissions and use them over multiple trips [this option removes the 14-day window that is mentioned above]. This works great if you plan to make another trip at some point in the future. For example, if you go for a week this year and use five admissions [taking time to do other things] and expect to go again two or three years [or fifty years] from now, you can buy a ten-day base or hopper ticket with No Expire and have your admissions for both trips taken care of. It's a lot cheaper to buy a single 10-day with no expiry than two 5-days separately.

Then you also have the option of the fun and water parks add-on, which can be added to any of the above tickets and gives you a number of admissions that can be used for Disney Quest, Pleasure Island clubs and/or Water Parks.

Confused yet? :D

brkgnews

You can request them for an extra fee ($10 per day, I believe?) However there are some rooms, which are made "accessible" for those with medical needs, which have them already in the room.

brkgnews

I believe the only room in which you are guaranteed to get a fridge is in one of the "Disney Deluxe Villas" (which are actually Disney Vacation Club Villa rooms made available for non-members).

Captain Hank

I believe the only room in which you are guaranteed to get a fridge is in one of the "Disney Deluxe Villas" (which are actually Disney Vacation Club Villa rooms made available for non-members).
Actually, small complimentary refrigerators are now standard in all resort categories except Value and Campsite.

Edit: You may have to request it at the Grand Floridian, but it is complimentary.

Edit: sorry about all the edits, just making sure that I'm checking all the categories.

Rob562

And one additional note about the Park Hopper option on the tickets... If you're really not sure if you'll have the need to go to more than one park in a day, you don't need to buy it up-front. Just buy the Base Ticket. The Park Hopper option can be added onto the ticket any time within the first 14-days from first use.

So if you make it through the entire trip without the need to park-hop, you've saved yourself the money.

But if on day 2 you're at the Studios and find yourself wishing you had the Park Hopper so that you could go over to Epcot for the last few hours of the evening, just stop at a Guest Relations or ticket window. It's a simple transaction that only takes a couple minutes. They'll charge you the price for adding the Hopper feature (currently $45 plus tax, I believe).

-Rob

Jeff456

We live in the UK and here we can buy ultimate passes, for 14 or 21 days which allow you unlimited access to all the parks and disney quest ETC. But i dont think you can get those in the US not sure though.

Rob562

We live in the UK and here we can buy ultimate passes, for 14 or 21 days which allow you unlimited access to all the parks and disney quest ETC. But i dont think you can get those in the US not sure though.

No, those tickets are only marketed and sold to residents outside of North America. (Typically to the UK, Ireland and Germany) Also, I believe you have to buy them in the UK before you leave, as Disney doesn't sell them on-site, even if you can prove UK residency.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom