Could Toy Story Land get an expansion or a additional ride?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Space is definitely a concern, and TriceraTop Spin has a very small radius at ~50-55 feet. Among Toy Story rides from around the world, Green Army Men Parachute drop is ~65 feet, Jessie's Critter Carousel is ~75 feet, and Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin is ~45 feet. TriceraTop Spin rethemed to Trixie is probably the best idea because it would be pretty inexpensive, although I hate to see DAK lose a ride, even a small one, when it does not have too many to begin with. Slinky Dog Zig Zag would need to be rethemed because Slinky Dog Dash exists, Green Army Men Parachute drop is tall and may show backstage areas, and Jessie's Critter Carousel is probably too big unless Disney spends even more money to reroute something else.

Radius for Green Army Men Parachute Drop and the ride as a whole might have to be edited to make room but it's still doable. How tall is the highest point of Slinky Dog Coaster? (in relation to Parachute Drop) As for other classic carnival flatrides... most anything would work - themeing is the bigger challenge well that and ride capacity.

Last edited:

Imagineer45

Radius for Green Army Men Parachute Drop and the ride as a whole might have to be edited to make room but it's still doable. How tall is the highest point of Slinky Dog Coaster? (in relation to Parachute Drop) As for other classic carnival flatrides... most anything would work - themeing is the bigger challenge well that and ride capacity.

Green Army Men Parachute Drop is a little over 80 feet, although I am sure it could be a little smaller if needed. I am not sure how tall Slinky Dog Dash is a comparison, but the main difference is that riders face all directions on Parachute Drop. Slinky Dog Dash mostly stays low to the ground and the sightlines are blocked for the few points where the ride does reach a decent elevation.

DisneyNittany

That's the trouble with immersive theming....it paints you in a corner.

Because you're supposed to be in Andy's backyard, there are no carousels.

It's like what they did with Galaxy's Edge. Because it's during the Disney movies, you're not going to any popular characters like Darth Vader or Boba Fett walking around because one is ashes and the other is sarlacc poop.

No, the best you're going to get is Darth Kyle, the Revan wannabe.
560307_mwart_mw-no-wannabes-revan-vs-kylo-ren.png

Was just talking about this last week, but again, Universal did it right with Wizarding World of Harry Potter. When you're in Diagon Alley and you ride "Escape from Gringott's", you're technically there on the same day that the Trio is robbing Bellatrix's vault (Deathly Hallows; Year 7).

However, you take the "Hogwarts Express" over to Hogmeade and you pretty much experience events from all seven books/movies/years (Hagrid on his motorbike then waving you into Hogmeade Station [SS/PS; Y1], Trolley Witch [All books, but specifically SS/PS movie] the Ford Anglia flying/rolling through the Forbidden Forest [CoS; Y2], Demontors on the train [PoA; Y3], Death Eaters (black smoke) flying in as you leave London [OotP; Y5 and HBP; Y6].

Then, when you get to Hogsmeade, while it's prevalent in a majority of the books, it's most visual in the PoA movies, and seems to reflect that time period. But, wait, does it? Because near the Castle, you have a stage show of the Triwizard Tournament (GoF; Y4). Also, when you ride "Forbidden Journey", you're again taken through scenes throughout the whole series, not just a particular time period, even though you can peg the characters as being around either OotP or HBP time frame. This is especially evident in the queue, where Dumbledore is still alive. I haven't been able to ride "Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure", but I have seen videos, and again, it doesn't paint itself into a corner either.

TL;DR: I'm not sure if it was because of the fear of Star Wars fanatics or if the Imagineers went too far on theming, but Harry Potter has it's own set of fanatics too (me being one of them), and I much prefer that I can experience the whole series (and beyond), as opposed to being forced into a very particular period of the story.

NelleBelle

So could you not dig down a ways to add the army man parachute drop ride, like they do for Mickey’s Fun Wheel (whatever it’s called at DCA)? Then you have a little extra room for “sight lines”. Would it need to be very high? I’m trying to think how high the Jumping Jellyfish ride is (if that’s what it’s still themed as at DCA—even though I was there a few months ago, it’s been a while since my kids rode that and we walked in by it)! 😬

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom