Could Toy Story Land get an expansion or a additional ride?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It is expanding with a new restaurant otherwise there is no other room for expansion in that land.

Unless it's vertical. But not sure how that could work without sightline issues. I guess they could theoretically put a flat on the opposite side of the coaster inside the helix where SDD blasts up a hill to go through a series of small bunny hops. But even then it'd have to have a very small footprint to allow for both a queue and the attraction. How large is Triceratop Spin?

EmFromPlanetEarth

what about that backstage area behind alien swirling saucers and left of the swge entrance? a path could be built by the entrance to star wars land.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Not a lot of room for much. let alone an attraction
here is a little mockup to show you what i mean:
Google Maps Area Calculator Tool - Google Chrome 4_19_2020 1_22_38 PM.png

JIMINYCR

With the lengthy shut down and loss of income combined with whats being spent on existing ongoing projects, probably not going to see those pocketbooks opened up for TSL or any others I'd imagine.

Worldlover71

As you enter Toy Story Land, they are building the new BBQ restaurant on the right. Beyond that is a backstage parking garage. It is unlikely they would want to eliminate that, but it is technically possible. Also, they could use the current One Man's Dream building by making an entrance at what is now the back of the building, like they did for TSM. Both options would need to be enclosed attractions, and neither are likely, but since we are Blue Skying...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Unless it's vertical. But not sure how that could work without sightline issues. I guess they could theoretically put a flat on the opposite side of the coaster inside the helix where SDD blasts up a hill to go through a series of small bunny hops. But even then it'd have to have a very small footprint to allow for both a queue and the attraction. How large is Triceratop Spin?

Follow up after checking area in question in Google Earth. The space mentioned could theoretically accommodate:

1) TriceraTop Spin - would fit there perfectly and allow for a better, more detailed switchback queue. Not ideal but it'd give TSL another attraction. DAK would lose it's spinner but Dinorama's been a dud for a while now. Re-themed to Trixie from Toy Story 3.

2) Green Army Men Parachute Drop - also works in this space but height plays a factor. Queue space would be trickier to develop. Not sure if it would have sightline issues but a possible workaround could be to give guests a "Top Secret Mission" to find targets located in TSL to further prevent their eyes from wandering toward the horizon where sightline issues are most prevalent.

3) Other options? A character-themed Musik Express (WDI used SlinkyDog in the International parks) Tilt-a-Whirl (Barrel of Monkeys?) etc.
Something as simple as a giant sprinkler head for a Splash area could be developed as a fun way for children to cool off. It's worth-noting that R.C. the remote control car character in the Toy Story franchise sports some "splashy" decals on his spoiler and vehicle body. Just say'n.

There's still room without expanding TSL should TDO/WDI wish to explore similar options.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Yeah probably not. I was really hoping for a dark ride of some kind for Toy Story.

Given there already is a dark ride of some form (Toy Story Mania) at DHS and another (Space Ranger Spin) at MK, I really don't see Toy Story getting more dark rides.

Biggest change I would do to Toy Story land would be adding back in permanent meet and great locations that existed on the old Pixar street area. Having outdoor locations without aircon for the meets doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Follow up after checking area in question in Google Earth. The space mentioned could theoretically accommodate:

1) TriceraTop Spin - would fit there perfectly and allow for a better, more detailed switchback queue. Not ideal but it'd give TSL another attraction. DAK would lose it's spinner but Dinorama's been a dud for a while now. Re-themed to Trixie from Toy Story 3.

2) Green Army Men Parachute Drop - also works in this space but height plays a factor. Queue space would be trickier to develop. Not sure if it would have sightline issues but a possible workaround could be to give guests a "Top Secret Mission" to find targets located in TSL to further prevent their eyes from wandering toward the horizon where sightline issues are most prevalent.

3) Other options? A character-themed Musik Express (WDI used SlinkyDog in the International parks) Tilt-a-Whirl (Barrel of Monkeys?) etc.
Something as simple as a giant sprinkler head for a Splash area could be developed as a fun way for children to cool off. It's worth-noting that R.C. the remote control car character in the Toy Story franchise sports some "splashy" decals on his spoiler and vehicle body. Just say'n.

There's still room without expanding TSL should TDO/WDI wish to explore similar options.
I agree with everything you said! This would be awesome 😃

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Given there already is a dark ride of some form (Toy Story Mania) at DHS and another (Space Ranger Spin) at MK, I really don't see Toy Story getting more dark rides.

Biggest change I would do to Toy Story land would be adding back in permanent meet and great locations that existed on the old Pixar street area. Having outdoor locations without aircon for the meets doesn't make any sense.
I agree. I wonder how they could theme it or re do it to look like you are still in Toy Story Land. If there is also space maybe they could build a Al's Toy Barn in the space?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I agree with everything you said! This would be awesome 😃

Upon further reflection and with help from @MisterPenguin in learning how to use Google Earth, while the space may work there's the issue of guests going under a coaster which Disney, by my recollection, has never done before likely because of safety reasons. So... back to square one I guess. Although I do think there is room for a RC splash zone area or even a little Woody's Roundup interactive game. In order to accommodate a Parachute Drop ride or the armchair relocation of TriceraTop Spin, Disney would have to install nets or "in theme" protection for guests.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Upon further reflection and with help from @MisterPenguin in learning how to use Google Earth, while the space may work there's the issue of guests going under a coaster which Disney, by my recollection has never done before likely because of safety reasons. So... back to square one I guess. Although I do think there is room for a RC splash zone area or even a little Woody's Roundup interactive game. In order to accommodate a Parachute Drop ride or the armchair relocation of TriceraTop Spin, Disney would have to install nets or "in theme" protection for guests.
I agree. It would be great to see a interactive water play area or a Woodys Round up show. Like the one that was rumored to replace Country Bears.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom