Could this mean a Matterhorn in Magic Kingdom?

TREVON 2.0

Original Poster
Or a completely different mountain concept altogether...like Fire Mountain. :animwink:
LOL Fire Mountain. Here goes my epic writing skills! :king:

"Coming soon to Disney's Animal Kingdom Park; a fiery new mountain adventure! :fork: Ride your runaway mine cart past the bubbling lava pits, over the crumbly bridge of despair, and through the dark caves of Stark Volcano. :goodnevil Will you encounter the dreaded Lava Monster? :eek:"

It will be kind of like Journey to the Center of the Earth from HKDL but more roller-coaster-ee. I think it is HKDL... :shrug:

The lava monster will show in multiple scenes, trying to grab us and scare us like the Carnotaurus from Dinosaur. Don't forget the in-ride souvenir pics when you go down a hill into the lava pit and the monster tries to grab your head. Yuppp...

LavaMonster.jpg

BTW, I keep wanting to press space twice to period. I need to use my iPhone 4 less... :lookaroun

Kamikaze

^ Forget Fire Mountain, "just" clone JttCotE and call it a day. And its from Tokyo DisneySea, not HKDL.

Disclaimer: I realize Journey is a high priced, well themed, E-Ticket. Thats why just is in quotes.

LOL Fire Mountain. Here goes my epic writing skills! :king:

"Coming soon to Disney's Animal Kingdom Park; a fiery new mountain adventure! :fork: Ride your runaway mine cart past the bubbling lava pits, over the crumbly bridge of despair, and through the dark caves of Stark Volcano. :goodnevil Will you encounter the dreaded Lava Monster? :eek:"

It will be kind of like Journey to the Center of the Earth from HKDL but more roller-coaster-ee. I think it is HKDL... :shrug:

The lava monster will show in multiple scenes, trying to grab us and scare us like the Carnotaurus from Dinosaur. Don't forget the in-ride souvenir pics when you go down a hill into the lava pit and the monster tries to grab your head. Yuppp...

LavaMonster.jpg

BTW, I keep wanting to press space twice to period. I need to use my iPhone 4 less... :lookaroun

This is a bit off topic, but I think it would be cool if Animal Kingdom had its own "series" of coasters/rides, sort of like how Magic Kingdom has its three mountains, only themed to monsters. Yeti in Expedition Everest, Lava Monster in Fire Mountain, etc... :wave:

MerlinTheGoat

Before it gets any more thrill rides, it needs some calmer rides. Or at least, calmer than Everest or Dinosaur. For very little kids who aren't ready for thrills or older people like my mother who can't handle coaster forces worse than Big Thunder.

Either calm dark rides, or something like a pleasant flume ride (small-medium drops wouldn't be bad).

I had two ideas, only one of which is feasible. One is a Jungle Book flume. Drops are ok, just not TOO violent (maybe like some of the mid-level drops in Splash Mountain). The other idea is impossible because it calls for a Land Before Time dark ride. Impossible because Disney holds no rights over the film. I would have done away with Dinorama to have it.

Animal Kingdom needs more calm rides to balance it out. Everest and Dinosaur are a little violent for some people. Shame they never build Beastly Kingdom and that Fantasia ride.

TRONorail10

The problem with that is that Be our Guest and TLM both back right up to the main access road for the utilidors, in the middle right of the photo.

2gtwvw9.jpg

They'd either have to reroute that road or build some sort of tunnel under it, then they'd have to figure out how to barricade Pixie Hollow so the entire back of the utilidors isn't visible from there. Rerouting the road would also be difficult because there's a bridge that goes over the train tracks, and that resevoir over there complicates things too.

Just a little side note, that wooded area behind the expansion on the other side of the cast access road is a ravine! the hillside drops off straight down to the railroad tracks. there is a reason why they didn't move the road for the fantasyland expansion.

Edeyore

The fifth disney park will be call Disney Retro. It will be filled with all of the rides that no longer exist in any of the other parks. Mister Toad's Wild Ride, etc.

misterID

Sorry, but its Animal Kingdom, not "Anything with a vague animal theme Kingdom."

The ride is about a monkey... There's nothing vague about that. Plus, it's set in a rain forest. Perfect for AK.

So would Mysterious Island... With it's vague animal theme involving a lava monster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom