Could Rio possibly be the main E-Ticket attraction of the Brazil Pavilion?

Damon7777

Unlike the existing lineup of pavilions there is nothing noteworthy, nothing readily identifiable, nothing overtly unique about Brazilian architecture. This is problematic.

The only widely recognized(as in globally known) physical feature of Brazil is Redentor......which could be challenging to incorporate into the land.

And do you really think Disney will erect a large Christ figure overlooking the land .....as in a gross symbolic display of Christianity but more specifically Catholicism/Catholic Church especially considering such unflattering news over the last 15 to 20 years.
..Aint none gunna take kind to it except for Brazillians perhaps and possibly Catholic Church.

.....such an absolutely abysmal choice for a new Showcase land.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Considering they way over paid for Lucas Films and now find Star Wars isn't the golden goose they had expected, and frankly over paid for Fox... I doubt they have the money to spend on things like attractions they will be more concerned with trying to find ways of making money off of what they've bought and there is little chance using Rio as a ride would ever be forecast to pull in dollars enough to justify the expense of building it. Avatar has worked because the movie was huge, remember it grossed more in 30 days than both the Rio movies combined have every made.
Also, You have to wonder if Disney decides how much longer they will keep The Simpsons Ride at Universal as the ownership of the show goes to them...I'm curious how that works in the contract? Including the new 4d Theater and Kwick-E-Mart Simpsons Attraction in Myrtle Beach..The attraction has been built..But, hasn't opened yet for sometime..I'm guessing they are waiting until they get an "all clear" to open?

thomas998

Also, You have to wonder if Disney decides how much longer they will keep The Simpsons Ride at Universal as the ownership of the show goes to them...I'm curious how that works in the contract? Including the new 4d Theater and Kwick-E-Mart Simpsons Attraction in Myrtle Beach..The attraction has been built..But, hasn't opened yet for sometime..I'm guessing they are waiting until they get an "all clear" to open?
Probably won't be leaving Universal as long as it is popular. Probably will be about the same change with Marvel being bought by Disney while Universal still has the Incredible Hulk ride, or Spider Man which is also still split movie wise with Sony.

Trackmaster

For the most, parks can buy IPs with long-term deals, something 99 years or so. Not to say that this always happens, but Universal bought the Marvel rights for 99 years. Chance apparently had the chance to fight Universal on it, but they have a cooperative agreement and did not.

What's funny is that I've heard that Universal has the rights to the best Marvel characters, Disney has the rights to the MCU. So both parks are stuck between a rock and a hard plate. I'd think that ideally, one of the parks would want to be making tie-in MCU Avengers attractions.

As far as the Simpsons goes, I'd imagine that there are many years left on the deal. Simpsons aren't really Disney's cup of tea anyway. I like the show, but I think that the Simpsons rides are terrible.

OG Runner

So, what happened to the rumored extra several hundred million budgeted for Brazil that was assumed to be for an E-Ticket attraction?

What happened to a Brazil section of the World Showcase? This has been rumored for a very, very long time. Hard to have an e-ticket
ride, based on a newly purchase IP, without the section to put it in.

Keyho

Would you think the attraction would be a ride or sometype of show type of show like the enchanted tiki room?

If so what ride type would you all like to see

thomas998

For the most, parks can buy IPs with long-term deals, something 99 years or so. Not to say that this always happens, but Universal bought the Marvel rights for 99 years. Chance apparently had the chance to fight Universal on it, but they have a cooperative agreement and did not.

What's funny is that I've heard that Universal has the rights to the best Marvel characters, Disney has the rights to the MCU. So both parks are stuck between a rock and a hard plate. I'd think that ideally, one of the parks would want to be making tie-in MCU Avengers attractions.

As far as the Simpsons goes, I'd imagine that there are many years left on the deal. Simpsons aren't really Disney's cup of tea anyway. I like the show, but I think that the Simpsons rides are terrible.

Yep... The Simpsons ride is the only one that always makes me nauseous. I'm not sure why, I've been in every simulator ride you could think of including high end fighter plane simulators and never felt the least bit queasy but stick me on Simpsons and I want to throw up before its over. I can only guess that the synchronization between the images and motion is just not quite right.

nickys

Premium Member
What happened to a Brazil section of the World Showcase? This has been rumored for a very, very long time. Hard to have an e-ticket
ride, based on a newly purchase IP, without the section to put it in.

So Martin hinted in the Brazil thread (with his wink emoji) that this is progressing. But also hinted, sadly, that we should not expect an E ticket. In fact it could even be there is no ride at all. 😕

clarabellej

I don’t get why Fox has to have anything to do with it??

A Brazil pavilion would be awesome and long over due IMO.

Brazilians are nuts about Disney. Quite possibly more nuts than many other countries.

There is much more to Brazil than Rio.

Maybe I am not understanding the query here.

stitchcastle

Unlike the existing lineup of pavilions there is nothing noteworthy, nothing readily identifiable, nothing overtly unique about Brazilian architecture. This is problematic.

The only widely recognized(as in globally known) physical feature of Brazil is Redentor......which could be challenging to incorporate into the land.

And do you really think Disney will erect a large Christ figure overlooking the land .....as in a gross symbolic display of Christianity but more specifically Catholicism/Catholic Church especially considering such unflattering news over the last 15 to 20 years.
..Aint none gunna take kind to it except for Brazillians perhaps and possibly Catholic Church.

.....such an absolutely abysmal choice for a new Showcase land.

I mean, it's comments like these that make it absolutely essential that we get a Brazil Pavillion so that people can get more educated about the place.

stitchcastle

I for one don't mind it. The Rio movies are aesthetically and thematically pleasing enough that they fit in just as much as any of the other animated IP's coming to the rest of World Showcase. At least it's very specific about being Brazillian, unlike Frozen. Even taken at face value they can easily just blend in as mascots for the Brazillian Pavillion altogether. The only reason Disney "fans" are so salty about it is because they know it's a Fox property.

OG Runner

So Martin hinted in the Brazil thread (with his wink emoji) that this is progressing. But also hinted, sadly, that we should not expect an E ticket. In fact it could even be there is no ride at all. 😕

In this case, believe it when they start clearing land. The rumor of a Brazil pavilion in the World Showcase has been out there
for a very long time.

clarabellej

Duh, just realized we are talking “Rio” the animated film and not the city.

My daughter is currently there and received a warning about more heavy rain and wind from the embassy after the awful rain last week.

So I have real Rio on my mind.

NickWilde

I don't think such a movie like Rio would be worthy for an E-ticket attraction. C or D-ticket maybe, but I doubt Disney would spend that much money for an attraction based on a mediocre IP.

Trackmaster

Yep... The Simpsons ride is the only one that always makes me nauseous. I'm not sure why, I've been in every simulator ride you could think of including high end fighter plane simulators and never felt the least bit queasy but stick me on Simpsons and I want to throw up before its over. I can only guess that the synchronization between the images and motion is just not quite right.

Don't get me started on that ride. Its at a theme park, and its a motion simulator of a ... roller coaster? And not like Flight of Passage or Soarin', no smells or extra effects. You're just watching a video with your group and moving around some. But back to the roller coaster part -- you're at an amusement park, why not just build a roller coaster? Why do you need a motion simulator of a roller coaster?

I swear, I feel like Universal has the laziest ride designers, and they design their rides for very lazy people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom