Could Mr. Toad's Wild Ride ever come back...?

FettFan

Oh, and by the way, rumor has it that in Disneyland the subs will be sailing off into the sunset with the new Star Wars addition to the park. Go soon!

Correlation =/= Causality. The Star Wars addition to Disneyland is going in the northeast corner (where Big Thunder Ranch currently sits) and has absolutely no bearing on Tomorrowland. In fact, because of this location, Star Tours may actually be leaving Tomorrowland for the new area.

So if the Submarine Voyage is indeed going bye-bye, it will most likely be due to the same culprits that sank Captain Nemo: high maintenance costs and low hourly capacity.

Goofyernmost

Correlation =/= Causality. The Star Wars addition to Disneyland is going in the northeast corner (where Big Thunder Ranch currently sits) and has absolutely no bearing on Tomorrowland. In fact, because of this location, Star Tours may actually be leaving Tomorrowland for the new area.

So if the Submarine Voyage is indeed going bye-bye, it will most likely be due to the same culprits that sank Captain Nemo: high maintenance costs and low hourly capacity.
I erroneously said Star Wars, I don't know what would go there, but, the rumor is that it is going to be gone soon. They have more planned then just Star Wars, so look at the list and take your pick.

I don't have any inside information, I just relayed what I have seen just on this discussion board. Take it for what it is worth, but, it sure wouldn't surprise me at all. And the low capacity and high costs still does exists, so, again for what it's worth.

nelsonj3

Honestly I dont want a copy of the Disneyland ride. We are in the 21st Century and we dont want cardboard figures eventhough its something they seem to like in Anaheim. I agree that its a fun ride, but I think its nice to keep it unique to Disneyland, where its original ride was made. One thing however, if they were to create something like a mr.toad ride in wdw it should be someting like this:http://www.ericscalesportfolio.blogspot.nl/2009/01/mr-toads-motor-mania-overall-layout.html

This would be amazing. For once, it would be nice if Disney did something for fans of Retro WDW Attractions except creating new merchandise for us to buy. I realize they probably wouldn't make extra money on a Mr. Toad remake, but I think there are still quite a few people who remember the old attraction and would be thrilled to have a new and updated version at WDW someday.

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
This would be amazing. For once, it would be nice if Disney did something for fans of Retro WDW Attractions except creating new merchandise for us to buy. I realize they probably wouldn't make extra money on a Mr. Toad remake, but I think there are still quite a few people who remember the old attraction and would be thrilled to have a new and updated version at WDW someday.

With the exception of Captain EO, WDW has never reopened an original attraction. I know how there no as popular since they aren't up to date, but after a couple of years, we will want them back. In about a year, people will want Snow White's Adventures and Maelstrom back. I think that Disney should start reopening the classic attractions and create them with new technology. I don't get how others like Disneyland get to keep all their memories while Disney lost an opening day attraction for a meet and greet. I hope WDW isn't falling into the same fate as Universal Studios Florida... which they're probably not since WDW would NEVER close stuff like the Haunted Mansion or Space Mountain.

Dj Corona

You can still always ride it through the power of YouTube videos, but sadly, that's as close as your gonna get to riding it in Orlando ever again :(

orlando678-

With the exception of Captain EO, WDW has never reopened an original attraction. I know how there no as popular since they aren't up to date, but after a couple of years, we will want them back. In about a year, people will want Snow White's Adventures and Maelstrom back. I think that Disney should start reopening the classic attractions and create them with new technology. I don't get how others like Disneyland get to keep all their memories while Disney lost an opening day attraction for a meet and greet. I hope WDW isn't falling into the same fate as Universal Studios Florida... which they're probably not since WDW would NEVER close stuff like the Haunted Mansion or Space Mountain.
I want Maelstrom back now already

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
Yeah, by my previous comment, you can tell I extremely hate the Princess Fairytale Hall. It was big enough to fit an entire dark ride and was used for a Meet and Greet. Before they announced it was a permanent attraction, I was hoping it would be temporary.

JillC LI

What you see in Disneyland is pretty much exactly what you saw in WDW. So that cardboard cutout is what everyone is whining about. The same thing you could see at any roadside carnival. I just don't understand why.

I was so looking forward to riding it when we finally went to DLR last year, and after I did I thought, "THAT was what everyone has been talking about?!" That said, I do understand the strength of nostalgia and I'm sure I have fond memories of things about which others would fail to see the attraction.

EnergyKing

The WDW version of MTWW was a completely different experience with the two separate tracks. It was a highly imaginative attraction, revolutionary really. And it had a great blend of adult and kid humor, going to pretty dark places. It wasn't aimed explicitly at toddlers. So it used cardboard, so what? I don't see how any of the new dark rides are any more impressive. At least MTWW had charm and ingenuity.

OG Runner

It would be great if they could or would. They could use the same type of ride system they use for Indiana Jones in California and just adjust the story line and surroundings. Mr. Toad would be a thrill ride!

OG Runner

That is mean. I know Dinosaur has the same ride system. I just thought it would make a good fit for a wilder Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

ChesterKiwi

I love the idea of re theming the Speeday as Wreck-It Ralph! I still think it would have a Tomorrowland feel to it.
I feel like it could work well for Fantasyland honestly. The whole Sugar Rush setting would work well as a Fantasyland item in my opinion. I mean, a candy world is pretty fantasy-like, is it not? And you know, maybe somehow it could be tangentially linked to the skewed and muddied concept of Tomorrowland that hardly any of the attractions there stick to.

I have this tendency to discuss things totally unrelated to the OP in threads... :oops:

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
I feel like it could work well for Fantasyland honestly. The whole Sugar Rush setting would work well as a Fantasyland item in my opinion. I mean, a candy world is pretty fantasy-like, is it not? And you know, maybe somehow it could be tangentially linked to the skewed and muddied concept of Tomorrowland that hardly any of the attractions there stick to.

I have this tendency to discuss things totally unrelated to the OP in threads... :oops:

It's fine, we were talking about it. I mean look at me, I suddenly brought up Princess Fairytale Hall.

Mouse_Trap

Actually MK would be the only place to put it. Fantasyland is only medieval stories, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland. Mr. Toad is a fantasyland movie and would fit in perfectly. The only other solution would be placing it in the United Kingdom pavilion in Epcot, but that would mean more character rides.
Are you counting Little Mermain and 7DMT as medieval stories too? Or do you mean Fantasyland is where all the medieval stories are?

Eight largest Submarine Fleet in the world, amiright? LOL
Was that when both fleets were operational or just the Western fleet? If so, I'd imagine with both they ranked quite a bit higher.

Actually, now I come to think of it, it that the quote that Walt wanted to say to Khrushchev? ....in which case it would be DL only.
A little bit wishful thinking of course, given that the Disney fleet are boats not submarines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom