Could Children's Place be gone from Disney Store??

Eyorefan

I like going into the Disney store by my house and getting my Disney fix. Half the time though, I walk out without buying anything. Like people said, the quality is just really bad. There is not enough for adults. How about adding Pins, like someone metioned??? As an action figure collector I would love to see Disney start a line of collectable figures that would be cool... something you could find only in Disney stores.

JimboJones123

We refuse to buy unless it's "Take an additional 50% off day".
We get tired of buying and then seeing it for 1/3 or less what we paid a few weeks later. I hate the overpricing to discount policy of most stores these days. Kohls, JC Penneys, Macy's, JoAnns. That's why we LOVE going to Target and Wal-Mart and avoid most other places these days. I hate having to discount 70% and still find out I'm paying more than retail price at most stores.

Who buys the $39.00 Jeans, $22.00 Shirt, and $42.00 fasion jacket to make an outfit at full price at Disney Store. $100 for an outfit???? The racks stay full for weeks until the items finally go on clearance.

Price reasonably to begin with and you could actually sell the merch you stock.

devoy1701

No, they did not replace the CM's when TCP took over. I've been a CM before the switch and I'm still a CM after the switch.

It's interesting to see this story since my store had one of it's best years in a long time. I work tomorrow night so I'll have to see what's going on...

i have a cousin that lives in Sellersville/Quakertown area that works at the Disney Store. I see you live in Allentown.... would you 2 be working in the same store or are there many by you?

uklad79

Maybe they want to move the World of Disney store to a new Regional Entertainment property that they maybe planning to build in New York? I am sure I read rumours of a site they had bought in NYC. If they wanted a store in it then maybe the contract with Children's Place doesn't allow any new stores out side of the existing parks. If that was the case then the current one would have to be moved to sell merchandise in the new "resort".

mpoppins76

Maybe they want to move the World of Disney store to a new Regional Entertainment property that they maybe planning to build in New York? I am sure I read rumours of a site they had bought in NYC. If they wanted a store in it then maybe the contract with Children's Place doesn't allow any new stores out side of the existing parks. If that was the case then the current one would have to be moved to sell merchandise in the new "resort".
Oh yeah, that's right! You mean the property in Hell's Kitchen they supposedly bought?

DisJosh

I like going into the Disney store by my house and getting my Disney fix. Half the time though, I walk out without buying anything. Like people said, the quality is just really bad. There is not enough for adults. How about adding Pins, like someone metioned??? As an action figure collector I would love to see Disney start a line of collectable figures that would be cool... something you could find only in Disney stores.

I also collect action figures and toys in general. I would love to see collectible quality toys in the Disney Stores. :D

Champion

We refuse to buy unless it's "Take an additional 50% off day".
We get tired of buying and then seeing it for 1/3 or less what we paid a few weeks later. I hate the overpricing to discount policy of most stores these days. Kohls, JC Penneys, Macy's, JoAnns. That's why we LOVE going to Target and Wal-Mart and avoid most other places these days. I hate having to discount 70% and still find out I'm paying more than retail price at most stores.

Who buys the $39.00 Jeans, $22.00 Shirt, and $42.00 fasion jacket to make an outfit at full price at Disney Store. $100 for an outfit???? The racks stay full for weeks until the items finally go on clearance.

Price reasonably to begin with and you could actually sell the merch you stock.

If you didn't support terrible stores like Walmart, the other stores wouldn't have to do business the way they do.

ArielBelle

Original Poster
I start a tread on HSM3 the other day and you post how it does not pertain to WDW when other people as will as myself did see how effects future attractions at WDW. Now you see nothing wrong with a post about the Childrens Place Management of the Disney Store ? Please tell everyone how You view that pertains to WDW activities current or future ? We are all looking foward to your explanation as to why this is ok and how that was not .

Actually ccmuffin, he was responding to my comment in the original post, and his response DEFINITELY made sense.

In the CNN story they talked about CP not doing well, but then referred to the Flagship Manhattan store, which is not CP owned. SO - I asked why CNN Money combined the two, because one did not have to do with the other.

So - before you go on a rant - understand the post you are ranting ABOUT. :zipit:

Slowjack

Ah, it used to be that way. I was a CM at the Birmingham store back when it was the highest producing store in the Galleria (per square foot). We sold adult clothes, collectible figures, art, books, WDW music CDs, etc. Now it's all kid clothes. I think the slide started we they went beyond the original dozen or so stores. We used to get guests from out of town who considered the Disney Store a special treat--a pinch of pixie dust, if you will. When you build the stores everywhere, you start to depend on local repeat visitors, and the merchandise shifts away from special items to staples. I was still working there when they took out the front collectibles case, and our manager said it was okay, because we weren't the parks, it wasn't our job to provide the same kind of magic. And you see where that attitude got them.

Jestaro

I have been a fan of this site for sometime now and decided to make my first post now regarding the WOD, NYC.

I am a cast member at the WOD, I work on the first floor. As far as I know the store will be staying on 5th ave.

Keep up the good work everyone. I enjoying reading the posts everyday.

Slowjack

If you didn't support terrible stores like Walmart, the other stores wouldn't have to do business the way they do.
So Wal-Mart charging less makes other stores charge more? That seems counter to my understanding of economics. Actually a store like Macy's caters to such a different demographic than Wal-Mart that it's a little misleading to even say they are competitors (or even Target and Wal-Mart, for that matter). I can't imagine that when Macy's is pricing something, the cost of the equivalent Wal-Mart item is a factor.

Champion

I have been a fan of this site for sometime now and decided to make my first post now regarding the WOD, NYC.

I am a cast member at the WOD, I work on the first floor. As far as I know the store will be staying on 5th ave.

Keep up the good work everyone. I enjoying reading the posts everyday.

CMs are pretty much always the last to know.

It was looked into moving it. I don't know about recently, but at one time they wanted to pretty badly.

Champion

So Wal-Mart charging less makes other stores charge more? That seems counter to my understanding of economics. Actually a store like Macy's caters to such a different demographic than Wal-Mart that it's a little misleading to even say they are competitors (or even Target and Wal-Mart, for that matter). I can't imagine that when Macy's is pricing something, the cost of the equivalent Wal-Mart item is a factor.

Yes. What Walmart does is price itself so low that it puts its competitors out of business, then starts raising its prices in those areas. When you have the buying power of 4000ish stores in the US alone, you can get your suppliers to do basically whatever you want.

Stores like Macy's have to charge more because they have a much smaller piece of the pie when Walmart is grabbing it all. If they are only get 1/5th of the customers, they have to charge a lot more to make the same amount.

Yes, its cheaper for the consumer to buy there in the long run. But the many bad things about the company will hurt the economy very badly. What would happen to these communities where Walmart is 'the only game in town' now if Walmart went out of business? Complete failure of the local economy. And don't say thats farfetched. Mark this down right now, Walmart will file for bankruptcy before 2020.

Sherrybaby

So very true. Walmart has killed just about every other store in my area. I wish people would wise up. We do our clothes shopping at the mall and our grocery shopping at a unionized store. I know that my boycott of all things Walmart doesn't mean much, but it means a lot to *me*.

ToTBellHop

I start a tread on HSM3 the other day and you post how it does not pertain to WDW when other people as will as myself did see how effects future attractions at WDW. Now you see nothing wrong with a post about the Childrens Place Management of the Disney Store ? Please tell everyone how You view that pertains to WDW activities current or future ? We are all looking foward to your explanation as to why this is ok and how that was not .
hahahaha...ok, I'll bite.

A) Unlike your thread, I did not start this thread.
B) I was answering a question regarding a store that is operated by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and sells Walt Disney World and Disneyland Theme Park merchandise, so this thread's relevance to a WDW Parks and Resorts forum is far less tenuous than your discussion of a film that may or may not be produced and whether or not it will appear in theatres or on Disney Channel.

Did I explain that well enough to meet your high standards? I even used good grammar and punctuation, though that is apparently not for everyone, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom