Could Children's Place be gone from Disney Store??

mpoppins76

WOW....
I go for training out of state for 2 months and this is whats going on...

I have followed Disney Store since it opened its first store.

I think Disney should react on the breach of contract with CP and pull the stores back.

I think they should be under the Parks and Resorts arm of the company this time verses the Consumer Products Division.
Cut the number of stores to about 100-150 in USA/Canada since the Disney Store in Europe are still owned but TWDC.

Make each store unique and themed to the location tied in with Disney.
Use multi media a huge part of Synergy that allows Guests to book Disney vacations on line and DVC as well.
I have a whole list of things I would change but no time now.
I wonder if I should send them my Resume to run the chain-lol.
I would love to use my 18 years or Executive Mgt Experience in Retail to work for Disney( currently a Human Resources Director for a large Specialty Retailer).
I think this is a fantastic idea!!!!

dizpins14

I think Children's Place does deserve some credit here. I've worked for the Disney Store pre and post Children's Place and I think the quality of merchandise has risen since they took over. I remember Disney got disparate enough to offer special discounts for different days of the week in order to get people to come in the store more. The toys still are not of high quality but Children's Place has tried to offer different toys, like skateboards and helmets that Disney did not offer before. Children's Place also has offered a more variety of characters, but lets face it Disney ran the stores into the ground before selling them off.

I would love to see Disney take over the Disney Stores again and cut the number of stores in half. I think overall the problem with the stores right now is 1) the quality still needs to be better, 2) they discount their prices too fast, 3) there is absolutely no advertising for the stores, and 4) Disney as a company does not have the same reputation as in the 90s.

If some high quality merchandise was made for a movie that everyone is excited about and kids got excited about the new line of merchandise that is coming to the Disney Store, then I think we'll start seeing the old Disney Store.

kylestylelevi

ALRIGHT...ALRIGHT...ALRIGHT...ENOUGH ALREADY!

This is very upsetting to read this whole list of posts. Disney is something that has touched millions of kids and kids at heart. How dare any of you sit here and insult not only us as cast members but our merchandise selection as well. We clock in everyday, smile and greet our guests with friendly hellos and all you mall people give us are dirty looks, and if we tell you about promotions you keep walking by us....why do we want to talk to you? I have worked for disney world merchandise and i have worked for disney store, and lemme tell you waiting on disney store guests is twice as difficult.

Ever since I have placed my name tag over my left breast I have been in charge of offering disney service. You CHEAP people dont seem to understand the value we offer on many of our products. You tell me a single one of you who would walk in a disney store today and drop $500 for an art cell...or $150 for a procelin figurine...the answer is none. Welcome to the game of retail management people. If you arent gonna buy then we arent gonna carry it!! Yes the stores may be run down, and yes maybe the merchandise is not the best, but you find a way to carry over 200 characters on 5-6 different items in 2700sqft.

Please I beg of you all..support your local disney store, TCP is willing to entertain ideas for new product lines call their guest services number. They want to grow the disney stores and offer exciting products but only with your help! Finally treat the cast members with respect its amazing what you might get in return, because all we hear for hours a day are NO..NO..and I DONT CARE. Make us smile and have a good time, and the energy level of the stores will return to disney quality!

DINSEY STORE CAST MEMBER

TheDisneyGirl02

This is very upsetting to read this whole list of posts. Disney is something that has touched millions of kids and kids at heart. How dare any of you sit here and insult not only us as cast members but our merchandise selection as well. We clock in everyday, smile and greet our guests with friendly hellos and all you mall people give us are dirty looks, and if we tell you about promotions you keep walking by us....why do we want to talk to you? I have worked for disney world merchandise and i have worked for disney store, and lemme tell you waiting on disney store guests is twice as difficult.

Ever since I have placed my name tag over my left breast I have been in charge of offering disney service. You CHEAP people dont seem to understand the value we offer on many of our products. You tell me a single one of you who would walk in a disney store today and drop $500 for an art cell...or $150 for a procelin figurine...the answer is none. Welcome to the game of retail management people. If you arent gonna buy then we arent gonna carry it!! Yes the stores may be run down, and yes maybe the merchandise is not the best, but you find a way to carry over 200 characters on 5-6 different items in 2700sqft.

Please I beg of you all..support your local disney store, TCP is willing to entertain ideas for new product lines call their guest services number. They want to grow the disney stores and offer exciting products but only with your help! Finally treat the cast members with respect its amazing what you might get in return, because all we hear for hours a day are NO..NO..and I DONT CARE. Make us smile and have a good time, and the energy level of the stores will return to disney quality!

DINSEY STORE CAST MEMBER

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I couldn't have said it better myself! To be perfectly honest, I have tried to be overly friendly at my store, just to prove the anti-Disney Store folks wrong. Come into my Disney Store, I"ll be more than happy to greet you with a friendly smile and a warm hello. :)

Captain Hank

kylestylelevi said:

DINSEY STORE CAST MEMBER
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Thank you! As a veteran of both The Disney Store and Walt Disney World merchandising, I totally agree with you that working at TDS is about 10X harder than WDW. At WDW, there is so much less pressure put on the Cast Members and managers. With Disney Store, there are constant daily and hourly sales goals to be met. If they aren't, then the store starts getting nasty calls from regional Corporate. Also, every Guest that walks through the Disney Store doorway is electronically counted. This count is measured against how many transactions there are at the register. If the percentage of Guests versus transactions isn't high enough, then there are more nasty calls from Corporate. There isn't any of this at WDW.

The Guests are also a lot easier to be with at the Parks. On a daily basis at Disney Store, I dealt with difficult, even demeaning Guests. It was rough just greeting Guests at the doorway with "How are you doing today?" and hearing "NO THANKS!" in return.

I was just able to check in on my old Disney Store, and was actually rather impressed with the current offerings. The merchandise definitely seems to be going in the right direction, with more adult clothing and even some collectibles. Is it perfect? No. But it's getting better. Honestly, I think the merchandise available now is, on the whole, better than what was being offered by Disney towards the end of its ownership of The Disney Store.

majortom1981

DINSEY STORE CAST MEMBER

I dont know. I see a lot of people buying stuff at the world of disney store in nyc wich is a disney owned store.

TheDisneyGirl02

I dont know. I see a lot of people buying stuff at the world of disney store in nyc wich is a disney owned store.

The post that you are refering to was written about The Disney Store, not the World of Disney Store in NYC.

It's funny, after reading all of these posts and how people feel about The Disney Store and the CMs there, I've really changed the way that I approach guests in the store. I have always been welcoming and friendly, but now I'm overly welcoming and friendly. So thank you to all of the people who have been nasty about TDS CMs, you've made me a better CM just to prove that the stores are still a magical experience for everyone! :)

majortom1981

hmm

This might be true for stores in other states but the disney store in the massapequa mall here on long island is completely run down.

Also they dont have much of a selection at all. MY feeling is that if you cant keep all of your stores at the same quality then you shouldjnt be running the business.

TheDisneyGirl02

This might be true for stores in other states but the disney store in the massapequa mall here on long island is completely run down.

Also they dont have much of a selection at all. MY feeling is that if you cant keep all of your stores at the same quality then you shouldjnt be running the business.

They should have the exact same selection as the rest of the stores do. All of the stores are sent the merchandise, so what I have in the store where I work is the same merchandise as the store mentioned above. Is the store at that mall an older version (like pastel pink and green)? I'm just wondering because if it, that maybe why it looks run down, because it was the original type of store.

As far as all of the stores being the same quality, there have been many retail stores that the stores vary in quality from location to location. We have two Walmarts that are close to my house. One is VERY run down and the other (which is newer) looks a lot better. I don't believe Walmart should go out of business because of it, I think that the older one could be remodeled and it would improve it a lot. Do I think that's going to happen anytime soon, no.

Anyway, like I said, come to my store. You'll be surprised at what you find. We do our best to make the store look beautiful for the guests so everyone can have a magical experience! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom