Could Boo Bash be a hint for the future?

rk03221

Original Poster
Am I crazy for thinking Disney is doing a test of some sort for boo bash? Think about this, opening Disney parks earlier for guests until 7pm then pay double to have lower wait times from 7-12? Almost like extra magic hours except you have to pay. It seems like that’s what boo bash basically is. I could see them doing something like that permanently for certain parks. Thoughts?

Tink76

Would it change people’s minds about staying inside the park? If you have young ones, probably not. But the loss of extra magic hours at night for adults staying inside might turn people to staying in more affordable places outside the bubble.

castlecake2.0

Am I crazy for thinking Disney is doing a test of some sort for boo bash? Think about this, opening Disney parks earlier for guests until 7pm then pay double to have lower wait times from 7-12? Almost like extra magic hours except you have to pay. It seems like that’s what boo bash basically is. I could see them doing something like that permanently for certain parks. Thoughts?
They already were hosting after hours events long before boo bash at all parks except Epcot. This isn’t a test, this is a result of its already determined popularity

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ya think?

block pricing…and they’ve been doing it for like 7 years now?

mf1972

after seeing some videos of boo bash on youtube, i’m glad we didn’t purchase tickets for our upcoming trip. just doesn’t seem worth it to us. i hope they go back to the halloween party next year, but i wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They already were hosting after hours events long before boo bash at all parks except Epcot. This isn’t a test, this is a result of its already determined popularity
Its a customer failure….

Which is born out in the “boo bash” threads…

many frequent posters who defend these moves as some type of microeconomics experiment and lecture detractors as “too emotional”….quietly reveal their “dates to experience it”

me, me, me…which crushes everyone as a collective. There’s a word for those that think their personal buying from Disney doesn’t affect everyone: wrong.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Would it change people’s minds about staying inside the park? If you have young ones, probably not. But the loss of extra magic hours at night for adults staying inside might turn people to staying in more affordable places outside the bubble.
I believe Disney knows that that high daily costs make it actually less likely people stay outside the property lines…in a weird economic paradox

and they don’t care.

their marketing strategy was always “who can we get?” For decades…I dabbled for a while in that.

now it really appears to be “who do we want to get?”

that’s a major shift. It reverberates up and down the whole clientele. Most just are unaware of it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And every single one sold out.
I try not to lecture people about “personal choices”…but that is ridiculous.

I was looking at the fall economic forecasts today (they’re not good)…and they are tracking significantly less airline bookings, travel related expenditures, rentals and business travel is being canceled just as much as last year.

the quarantine surge appears to be over (100% logical)…so the need to book $150-225 dollar nights in magic kingdom to January really doesn’t exist.

objectively.

but I was there two weeks ago and see how this goes…

the ardent fans continue to expect waves of people to crash “for the 50th”…the fact there is nowhere they’re coming from is irrelevant to that opinion.

and the “cast” is being told it’s all labor related. The fact that isn’t true doesn’t matter. The game is different on the ground now. There was a somewhat “healthy skepticism” amongst employees prior to the last ten years. They were guarded to letting themselves look at the crowds and prices and equating that with riches for themselves. Something is different now. Iger pushing I think makes them believe they’ll get more of the pie?
How did THAT happen? 🤔

castlecake2.0

Its a customer failure….

Which is born out in the “boo bash” threads…

many frequent posters who defend these moves as some type of microeconomics experiment and lecture detractors as “too emotional”….quietly reveal their “dates to experience it”

me, me, me…which crushes everyone as a collective. There’s a word for those that think their personal buying from Disney doesn’t affect everyone: wrong.
Wasn’t defending it, was saying it’s not a test as they’ve been doing it for years, testing phase is over, wasn’t saying if it was good or bad

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After hours were always priced high with little content other than little to no waits for attractions
But it failed…we often forget that.

then people couldn’t hold the line and collapsed on it the second time.

but this is a bit extreme. If I recall - after hours had mostly set prices…and even the ever escalating holiday things were generally much lower starting point. This is variable pricing at a much higher price point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom