Could Boo Bash be a hint for the future?

castlecake2.0

But it failed…we often forget that.

then people couldn’t hold the line and collapsed on it the second time.

but this is a bit extreme. If I recall - after hours had mostly set prices…and even the ever escalating holiday things were generally much lower starting point. This is variable pricing at a much higher price point.
The next test is Christmas after hours capacity with close to traditional party style entertainment at double the cost. This might be the breaking point. I don’t necessarily think it’s overpriced for what you’re getting(in Disney currency)but I don’t know if they’ll get enough people willing to pay that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The next test is Christmas after hours capacity with close to traditional party style entertainment at double the cost. This might be the breaking point. I don’t necessarily think it’s overpriced for what you’re getting(in Disney currency)but I don’t know if they’ll get enough people willing to pay that
It won’t break it…sadly at that time of year it’s gonna only encourage them to push more.

people lost this battle the minute they set no price limit for the parties and accepted the concept of after hours

Weather_Lady

I could see Disney doing it... but it would be yet another bone-headed move from a business perspective.

Families like mine wouldn't do after hours as an add-on: we'd do it as a replacement for multi-day parkhopper tickets and onsite stays. Why spend a whole week "doing Disney" when we can get just as much WDW touring done (and save ourselves tons of money) by going to Universal twice a year and just hitting a couple of Disney parks after hours each time?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I could see Disney doing it... but it would be yet another bone-headed move from a business perspective.

Families like mine wouldn't do after hours as an add-on: we'd do it as a replacement for multi-day parkhopper tickets and onsite stays. Why spend a whole week "doing Disney" when we can get just as much WDW touring done (and save ourselves tons of money) by going to Universal twice a year and just hitting a couple of Disney parks after hours each time?
Many don’t have your spine…which makes you irrelevant in this case

Weather_Lady

Many don’t have your spine…which makes you irrelevant in this case
I don't know if it's as much about spine as it is about "lack of unlimited income" and "non-locals who resolve to maximize experiences with a finite number of vacation days." I suspect (or do I just hope?) there are more of us out there than you think -- enough to be relevant to Disney's bottom-line, at least over the long term.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know if it's as much about spine as it is about "lack of unlimited income" and "non-locals who resolve to maximize experiences with a finite number of vacation days." I suspect (or do I just hope?) there are more of us out there than you think -- enough to be relevant to Disney's bottom-line, at least over the long term.
I thought that coming out of the housing crash…I have been wrong to this point

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
As someone that goes once or twice a year and enjoys the Halloween/Christmas parties I am actually hoping that the new version of DAH stays and the prices remain high.
The last MNSSHP and MVMCP I went to both in 2018 were so overcrowded and only just because social media hyped them up so much.
I still enjoyed myself because attraction wait times were low and I don't care as much about characters and parades but it just stopped feeling as special as it once did.
I'm going to the Christmas After Hours and hope its worth the price tag.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As someone that goes once or twice a year and enjoys the Halloween/Christmas parties I am actually hoping that the new version of DAH stays and the prices remain high.
The last MNSSHP and MVMCP I went to both in 2018 were so overcrowded and only just because social media hyped them up so much.
I still enjoyed myself because attraction wait times were low and I don't care as much about characters and parades but it just stopped feeling as special as it once did.
I'm going to the Christmas After Hours and hope its worth the price tag.
They’re going to overcrowd these too…

Wall Street

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

I completely agree as I myself just dropped my park hopper ticket for November from 3 days to 2 days.
However for an average guest that doesn't go as often as you or I they will not drop a day off their ticket so Disney will easily still make a substantial profit.
I disagree about Universal haha because I no longer enjoy going there.

Tony the Tigger

It’s not about spine. Disney offered a product, I thought it was worth it, and I bought it. (And for me, it definitely was worth it.) it’s a choice, not a cave.

People spend money on all kinds of things Disney offers that I don’t think are a good spend, but why would I bother either party about it? I think refillable mugs are just gluttony run amok. Everyone thinks they need soda all the time. Some people just see value, use it for other beverages as well, etc. You’ve never seen me whining about other people buying refillable mugs and “making them viable.”

We can all choose the Disney options that fit for us, and those options may and likely will evolve over time (as you improve your finances throughout life and focus on different experiences.)

I went to Boo Bash, I probably won’t go to the Christmas one, primarily because of the value proposition. That doesn’t mean those who go are spineless or that I resent them for making it work for WDW.

Chi84

Premium Member
A similar discussion is going on in the Boo Bash thread, with the same points being made. I have no issue with people passionately advancing their positions on a discussion board - that's clearly why these sites exist.

But at some point, you (in the general sense) have to accept that people will pay Disney for things that you fervently and sincerely believe are not worth it. That doesn't make them childish, stupid or spineless and they aren't ruining Disney. In fact, it's possible they think the things you (again in the general sense) pay Disney for are not worth it and are encouraging Disney to change in undesirable ways. It would be nice to see a little more tolerance when it comes to how people choose to spend their money on a luxury vacation.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

This has been going on prior to the Hoilday events. It's called Disney's After Hours. Same perks (Short Lines, Free popcorn, coke and Ice cream) sans the Halloween candy or Christmas perks that come with it..

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
They’re going to overcrowd these too…

Wall Street

That had defiantly been my opinion but thus far it doesn't actually seem to be the case.
If they stay I'm sure Disney will tweak them to entice more guests but at least this year I think the crowds will be kept low compared to the last few years of MNSSHP/MVMCP.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That had defiantly been my opinion but thus far it doesn't actually seem to be the case.
If they stay I'm sure Disney will tweak them to entice more guests but at least this year I think the crowds will be kept low compared to the last few years of MNSSHP/MVMCP.
I don’t think travel has resumed to the level Disney fans believe.
Until that happens…we won’t know

jcldtrek

Am I crazy for thinking Disney is doing a test of some sort for boo bash? Think about this, opening Disney parks earlier for guests until 7pm then pay double to have lower wait times from 7-12? Almost like extra magic hours except you have to pay. It seems like that’s what boo bash basically is. I could see them doing something like that permanently for certain parks. Thoughts?
It doesn’t make any sense, Disneyland has the full Halloween party, they have the parade, special fireworks etc. why in gods name they would over charge this thing in Florida and cut the entertainment is beyond belief unless it is a test to see how many fools spend all that money for almost nothing, except 3 xtra hours in the park and half the entertainment that was once offered. It’s furious to watch the videos of what Disneyland has and the petty magic kingdom version in Florida

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom