Cosmic Ray's outdoor patio to be enclosed with work starting this week

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
My thoughts. Perhaps they didn't only enclose it to have more indoor space, but also because of Hub Construction? I would assume they were anticipating the hub going under the knife... and with construction dust and such, it would have closed the outdoor eating area for almost a year? So instead of losing capacity, they enclosed it.
It is possibly a factor, but I really think they wanted more capacity for that restaurant. It is not fun sitting out there win the summer with high temps and the afternoon downpour with sideways rain. Much like what happened at Wolfgang Puck at DTD, the more indoor ACd space the better in most peoples view.

epcot1980

We will greatly miss the balcony there, as it was one of the few relaxing escapes in the park. We always go in the spring and it would usually be empty in the evening. It was a great place to find quiet, space and a great view of the castle and water sound, especially at dusk as the castle lighting becomes visible. We would always relax here while the kids to naps in their strollers. The food wasn't great, but that was why we went there. Now, not sure that we will again. This all being said, I can understand why they did it...precisely because the type of use I described was the only use it got, I guess. Time to find another escape, but they are tough to come by now.

ABQ

I just hope they have a plan in place to keep the windows clean. Don't want to see it look like Odyssey does with slime and crud all built up. And that's on very tinted windows, these will be even more ugly.

SoupBone

I hope Sonny Eclipse gets a little love. The poor guy has legs that are too short for him to walk anywhere since his upper torso is enormous. Maybe they can get him an ECV.:D

sabbyxxo

But .. why? It's best to have both worlds, and you have a better view outside/cleaner air with the option of outdoor seating! I know my family, like many others, love to be outside because they always feel trapped inside all the time. This wasn't really the best idea.

Mousemom67

Boooooooooooooo!!!!! :mad: I love sitting outside on the patio instead of inside where it's loud and noisy.

I have a BETTER solution - demolish Stitch and extend inside seating to THAT area. Just a thought. ;)

Amen, amen, AMEN!!! :D

Our favorite place to sit was on that patio in the evening watching the lights on the castle and listening to the water. It was so relaxing, a sanctuary within the park. Never had much of a problem with heat, no problem at all with birds. Seems like the nice quieter spots are disappearing. Sad. :(

Why attractions such as Stitch and the speedway remain I'll never understand. Just imagine the possibilities there (more food service space if that's what they're trying to do but personally I'd love a "Meet the Robinsons" ride - perfect for Tomorrowland).

Last edited:

jt04

Amen, amen, AMEN!!! :D

Our favorite place to sit was on that patio in the evening watching the lights on the castle and listening to the water. It was so relaxing, a sanctuary within the park. Never had much of a problem with heat, no problem at all with birds. Seems like the nice quieter spots are disappearing. Sad. :(

Why attractions such as Stitch and the speedway remain I'll never understand. Just imagine the possibilities there (more food service space if that's what they're trying to do but personally I'd love a "Meet the Robinsons" ride - perfect for Tomorrowland).

Especially the speedway!

The terrace should stay available and has similar views. Might even be improved once the hub work is done.

Matt_Black

A Meet the Robinsons attraction would be AWESOME.

I'm saddened by this. Cosmic Rays is my favorite place to eat in all of WDW, with the balcony overlooking the castle being my favorite seating. It was always a tradition to head over there right about 8:50, get our food, and watch part of the MSEP roll by as we listened to the waterfall with the castle changing colors in the background. :-/

Magic Feather

Given people’s desire to eat outdoors in the open air due to COVID I wonder if TDO now regrets enclosing all of Cosmic Ray’s? And would they ever consider changing it back?

The terrace side facing the hub used to be a fantastic outdoor dining location.
Considering they added a bunch of covered outdoor seating on the Speedway side, I think they’re pretty happy with the call.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom