Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal_Kingdom_09

EEOC has already put out guidance and has advised that employers can mandate covid vaccination as long as reasonable accommodations are made for medical and religious exemptions. That’s just to mandate the vaccine with no option for testing. If you allow an option for testing then that’s an even less restrictive mandate.

Completely off topic, but this is the first time in about 2 months that I have managed to get to the end of this thread. I'm pretty excited about that!

Nubs70

Two wrongs don’t make a right. We have laws preventing people from smoking in public. We have laws against texting and driving and we have laws against dumping toxins in a river. All of these laws are in place to stop people who don’t care about the potential of harming others from doing those things. Add covid vaccination to the list.

You asked the question “why don’t people care about the people who are afraid of the vaccine” but I don’t think you realize that many people actually do care about them and despite their fears, getting the vaccine is still in their best interest. Sometimes you have to help someone who can’t or won’t help themself.
Exactly, laws.

Lilofan

But you could say that about a lot of things. Why don’t people care about second hand smoke, why don’t people care about texting and driving, why don’t people care about dumping toxins in rivers. I know that sounds dumb but shouldn’t we care about a lot of other things also.
It is concerning that a number of people will look for reasons not to get vaccinated. You ( not personally ) are not a doctor. Go see one and go from there. This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated and there is no sugar coating that.

Polkadotdress

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I hope the pandemic will be under control as ending it soon next year....:( so I'll be riding NJ Transit train with no mask anymore next year.

Chi84

Premium Member
My Dr has told me not to get it.
Wait, your doctor told you not to get the COVID vaccine? I thought you were upset because people were not understanding of other people’s generalized fears. Or was it because of your friend who has heart issues that she believes make the vaccine dangerous? If your doctor advised you not to get the vaccine, you kind of buried the lead here.

I think you’ll find that people are very sympathetic to those who are medically unable to be vaccinated because their chance of getting COVID - especially with delta - is greatly increased. Also, as another poster pointed out, life is about to get much harder for the unvaccinated. That’s an incredibly unfortunate position to be in.

Also, see post #87,467.

Shellyl64

Wait, your doctor told you not to get the COVID vaccine? I thought you were upset because people were not understanding of other people’s generalized fears. Or was it because of your friend who has heart issues that she believes make the vaccine dangerous? If your doctor advised you not to get the vaccine, you kind of buried the lead here.

I think you’ll find that people are very sympathetic to those who are medically unable to be vaccinated because their chance of getting COVID - especially with delta - is greatly increased. Also, as another poster pointed out, life is about to get much harder for the unvaccinated. That’s an incredibly unfortunate position to be in.

Also, see post #87,467.
My friend is truly afraid and I was told not to get it. I was glad that she finally felt comfortable to talk about it.

mmascari

Your vaccine sucks. Shoulda got moderna.
While I'm sure Pfizer couldn't explicitly say their vaccine is better than Moderna. They could 100% run snaky ads that imply Pfizer is better than Moderna, as long as they clearly stay in the line of not overstating an unsupported fact.

On the other hand, Moderna cannot run any ads at all.

Isn't full approval vs EUA an interesting thing. How many people needed to know Pfizer could advertise before they were willing to get vaccinated? 😂

PS: Just got back from kid 2 second dose. They grow into the approved age range so fast. Where does all the time go. 🥲

lewisc

I just don’t understand why reports like the one out of Israel that say you are 13x’s more protected if you have had Covid and had antibodies are not
But the conclusion was to still give those people one shot.
Ahh I see now. 1,296 new deaths reported. But they span back weeks. August average updated to 245 per day.
The 245 is preliminary. Wait a few weeks so FL can quietly backfill those numbers.

aliceismad

Yes. I was so glad she talked with me today because we both are in the same boat. My Dr has told me I am not to get the vaccine because of a reaction from another injection that put me in the hospital.
I'm sorry to hear that. It is a very hard situation for those who have been advised for legitimate reasons not to get the vaccine. For someone like you who has had a previous reaction, I can certainly understand why there would be fear and you would not get the vaccine. Frankly I got the shot to protect myself but also to do my part to protect society, including people like you who cannot get the vaccine and my daughter who is too young for it.

BrianLo

@wdwmagic - Is it possible for a topic to be locked out to new members or members with under 100 posts? We seem to have at least one a day whom have contributed nothing ever to this board, but this topic.

I realize it's a hot topic, but it seems prone to fake accounts and banned members. A sincere new member should never come out swinging. An actual valuable long-term member of this community does not just show up to talk on a single controversial thread exclusively.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH. The number of new deaths reported from the report last week to this report is 2,448.

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 5.47.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 5.48.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 5.48.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 5.48.18 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom