Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHappy

Yeah, like my body was busy making antibodies rather than all the other things it does all day. Went away the next day.

For those that think vaccination is the devil maybe let this sink in? I agree these people are missing reality of the situation and should rethink protests for protests sake? From what I see ~80% or so share this view

That video, those people. I don’t want to get banned from this happy place, but holy…!!!!!!!!
What is wrong with theses humans? It blows my mind! I guess it’s a good thing they “their” leaders are getting it and dying? Cmon! Just pathetic!

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
This is the last 4 weeks of hotspots map. The border we need to worry about isn’t Mexico. It’s the border of any other state with freaking florida
And in 4 weeks Florida will be down and other places will be up. We’ve seen this movie before, it’s playing out all over the world, you all just seem to be forgetting and freaking out as usual from the same usual suspects in this thread.

correcaminos

So, a question for those who got the Pfizer shot. I was expecting the sore arm today but I'm also feeling a little woozy, kind of like when you have the achiness from a sinus cold. Did anyone else get that side effect?
I personally did not, but I know a few who did. It's not uncommon. It's also a bit more common for a first shot with a covid+ previously to be a bit stronger. So this should be the worst of the two for you. You should be fine by tomorrow.

I personally just had an arm that was so sore it woke me from sleep. That was annoying, but it too passed.

MrHappy

Just got back from a week of traveling for work... not sure if I should work next week or not. It doesn’t seem smart... but the alternative is “hiding in my basement” as some people like to say.
Clearly there’s a divide between those who call it a stupid name vs those who call it the right way. I know that @TrainChasers is smarter than the ones that call it “hiding”.

correcaminos

Just got back from a week of traveling for work... not sure if I should work next week or not. It doesn’t seem smart... but the alternative is “hiding in my basement” as some people like to say.
If you're vaccinated and masked indoors, I'd say likely not worry unless you feel symptoms at all. Only exception for me is if you have a traffic job so to speak where you see lots of people.

TrainsOfDisney

If you're vaccinated and masked indoors, I'd say likely not worry unless you feel symptoms at all. Only exception for me is if you have a traffic job so to speak where you see lots of people.
It’s traveling (long drives and sharing a hotel room) with co-workers. Not sure of their vaccine statuses.

No symptoms so far.

The actual work is mostly outdoors.

Heppenheimer

I am talking about media/ science/ information in general. You should not listen to only one source. Seek out knowledge then decide for yourself.
I have a medical doctorate, so perhaps I'm not an idiot. But I simply do not have the educational background to interpret or apply academic literature in physics, most chemistry/biochemistry, and even some medical subspecialties.

This may seem harsh, but most people do not have the knowledge-base to "seek out... then decide for themselves", much less knowing which sources to use for which specific questions.

correcaminos

It’s traveling (long drives and sharing a hotel room) with co-workers. Not sure of their vaccine statuses.

No symptoms so far.

The actual work is mostly outdoors.
Oh... yeah... I'm not even really cool with that. My son did sleep away scout camp and shared with fellow scouts. All kids were vaccinated by request of the adults. The rest we didn't care about because they were outdoors. And numbers were much lower, though not awful here still - not great, but not really bad. Like if I go grab an ice cream cone I won't feel the need to wear a mask, but if I go to the store I do.

Still I might feel okay ish if I were you if working outside mostly. Masking indoors to be safe? I get the worries, I do!

DisneyDebRob

Fauci still has to answer for funding the Wuhan lab-4 redacted pages is a dodge. I remember Fauci telling us masks do not work-now he says wear two mask.
I remember Fauci say early in the process that cruises were fine and you should not be afraid to take a cruise.
Fauci even played down some effective therapy treatments-I say in those cases follow the money.

I have no confidence in Fauci or the CDC and that is my choice. Our science experts and their community have failed this nation.

It is rather pathetic to watch how a difference of opinion is treated on this site-it is pounce and attempt to bully.
And you actually got likes to this post? Misinformation galore with a shot at scientists.. and you got likes. Wow.

tallica

I have a medical doctorate, so perhaps I'm not an idiot. But I simply do not have the educational background to interpret or apply academic literature in physics, most chemistry/biochemistry, and even some medical subspecialties.

This may seem harsh, but most people do not have the knowledge-base to "seek out... then decide for themselves", much less knowing which sources to use for which specific questions.
Critical thinking is the analysis of facts to form a judgment. The subject is complex, and several different definitions exist, which generally include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, or evaluation of factual evidence. More people should try it.

Chomama

And in 4 weeks Florida will be down and other places will be up. We’ve seen this movie before, it’s playing out all over the world, you all just seem to be forgetting and freaking out as usual from the same usual suspects in this thread.
Not at all. I’m just saying the Mexico border is a red herring. If you choose to focus on borders, that’s not the one. I choose to focus on shots in arms. Borders between states are nothing but air. If florida has a problem, eventually we all have the same problem. Get your shot!

carolina_yankee

Fauci still has to answer for funding the Wuhan lab-4 redacted pages is a dodge. I remember Fauci telling us masks do not work-now he says wear two mask.
I remember Fauci say early in the process that cruises were fine and you should not be afraid to take a cruise.
Fauci even played down some effective therapy treatments-I say in those cases follow the money.

I have no confidence in Fauci or the CDC and that is my choice. Our science experts and their community have failed this nation.

It is rather pathetic to watch how a difference of opinion is treated on this site-it is pounce and attempt to bully.
No attempt to bully. Simply rebutting. That’s another thing about opinions on chat boards - they don’t go unchallenged.

Follow the money? Show me how Fauci has gotten rich off of this. Good grief

I would say political leaders ignoring scientists have failed this nation. It appears you want scientific conclusions to be 100% clear and immutable. That’s opinion. That is not science. Never has been. As data comes in, understanding and recommended responses change. That’s fact.

Heppenheimer

Critical thinking is the analysis of facts to form a judgment. The subject is complex, and several different definitions exist, which generally include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, or evaluation of factual evidence. More people should try it.
Critical thinking is useless without the knowledge base. That's like asking someone who can't add to form an opinion on a differential equation.

This pandemic has shocked me at how few people understand the connection between DNA, mRNA and protein synthesis. Without understanding this basic concept of biology, you expect the general public to make an informed opinion on the mechanism of the mRNA vaccines?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Not at all. I’m just saying the Mexico border is a red herring. If you choose to focus on borders, that’s not the one. I choose to focus on shots in arms. Borders between states are nothing but air. If florida has a problem, eventually we all have the same problem. Get your shot!
It doesn’t change the fact that this virus will peak and then wane in different geographic regions.

In Hawaii with a 72% vaccination rate (amongst the highest in the US) and the most stringent masking requirements in the US the virus is exploding, not amongst travelers but locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom