Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
At the time you guys are talking about travel was still down, strict guidelines were still in place, and you didn't have this open mingling of people. We are in a new ball park here. Kids will be returning from summer vacations all over, parents are now more likely to go out and enjoy bars and other events, we have not been in this situation yet.
Maybe in your area this was true. Not the story everywhere.

KrzyKtty

At the time you guys are talking about travel was still down, strict guidelines were still in place, and you didn't have this open mingling of people. We are in a new ball park here. Kids will be returning from summer vacations all over, parents are now more likely to go out and enjoy bars and other events, we have not been in this situation yet.
Nope to that as well, kids were being pulled out of class all year for vacations and coming back wo quarantine. I think you are underestimating how stubborn the deep south can be 🤣.

My school district never had a mask mandate all year, not even on busses. Desks were in groups with flimsy plastic separating them. They still had carpet time.

Restaurants were only closed down here for about three weeks ....

KrzyKtty

Nope to that as well, kids were being pulled out of class all year for vacations and coming back wo quarantine. I think you are underestimating how stubborn the deep south can be 🤣.

My school district never had a mask mandate all year, not even on busses. Desks were in groups with flimsy plastic separating them. They still had carpet time.

I clarify that my daughter wore her mask, but there was no district requirement.

Wendy Pleakley

Oh please. It's everywhere.

Have you seen the protests in France over Covid measures?

He wasn't saying it's not occurring everywhere, just that it seems to be more so in the USA.

I can say that locally, Vancouver Canada, the majority of people still wear masks. More than one might expect given our 50% fully vaccinated status. There's a willingness to not only follow the rules, but go above and beyond.

Then I read threads like this. Wearing a mask at WDW is the end of the world for many people. I'd happily wear a mask if it meant going to a theme park right now. Being able to have some escapism during a pandemic is a privilege. Many countries have actual lockdowns in place. Elected officials in the USA are fighting tooth and nail against policies designed to keep people safe.

The responses to COVID are not all the same. Protests occur everywhere, but there's no denying some countries are doing better than others.

ImperfectPixie

It looks like the CDC is only doing a teleconference at 3pm that has to be dialed into. Not sure if they're going to do a press conference or anything afterwards, though.

DisneyCane

Correction: you "won't" go, not "can't."

And for every one of you, there's one of me: if I feel they aren't being responsible enough, then I won't go. If they bring masking back, you stay home and I go to take your place. Disney will be fine either way.
Correction accepted. I think you'll be surprised to discover that more people think like me at this point. Many of them will still go and then have confrontations with CMs about it. At least I respect Disney's right to make rules and not visit if I don't like the rules.

I was at a poker tournament earlier today at the Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood. Under 20% of the players wore a mask. I know that poker players are probably more willing to take risks but the percentage of people who will be OK masking up again is likely a lot lower than you think it is.

DisneyDebRob

Carpet time? Sorry for my ignorance but never heard that term before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom