Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas Disney Fan

The weekly number of deaths for the week of 28th April 2021 was 21.
The weekly number of deaths for this week is 93.
93 is too many but it is definitely not the gloom and doom scenario that I keep seeing on this thread.

These are the numbers I keep focusing on also, as long as the hospitalizations and deaths don’t start shooting up again I don’t really care what the case numbers are.

DC0703

Here’s a good detailed explanation of why we should not just “shrug off” what’s happening in the UK, because when you break down the numbers, it tells a different story. Of note, this thread states that the UK has actually fully vaxx’d more people than the US, yet their Delta #s (both caseload and hospitalizations) are growing.

This is an interesting series of tweets, though it does miss one encouraging point for the U.S. - the UK is largely inoculated with Astrazeneca, which to date has had less efficacy overall, and the U.S. with Pfizer/Moderna, which has been higher. His general point that the numbers will go up in the U.S. is true, especially in areas with low vaccination rates, but the difference in vaccine could blunt some of the impact.

TrainsOfDisney

This is an interesting series of tweets, though it does miss one encouraging point for the U.S. - the UK is largely inoculated with Astrazeneca, which to date has had less efficacy overall, and the U.S. with Pfizer/Moderna, which has been higher.
The UK is using Pfizer and Moderna as well. Not sure of the numbers but I’m pretty sure they started with Pfizer first.

JoeCamel

This is getting silly at this point. People still trying to bang the doom and gloom drum and think we should still be masking. It is beyond ludicrous at this point. They are grasping at pointless data to make a case that doesn’t exist.
If by "people" you mean Donnie know that poster likes to stir the pot and often the spoon used to stir is a bit bent towards hyperbole.

lazyboy97o

If by "people" you mean Donnie know that poster likes to stir the pot and often the spoon used to stir is a bit bent towards hyperbole.
And has been banned many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many times before. The meltdowns can be interesting if you catch them.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Gotta get one of these…difficult to bend 😜
F20C6A0C-0758-439E-A60A-4BEA2C714E97.jpeg

JoeCamel

Well DCL was to do a test cruise tomorrow, guess what happened on the way to the sailing?
Cancelled due to too many positive test results among the cast sailing (was all cast 300+). Don't count this virus out yet, it may rise fron the pit of vaccination.
Get your shot people, legitimate health concerns yeah but everyone else it is not worse than catching this crud, I'm 14 months out and still joint and muscle pain out of the blue, I'm concerned it may be what I deal with from here on out.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Well DCL was to do a test cruise tomorrow, guess what happened on the way to the sailing?
Cancelled due to too many positive test results among the cast sailing (was all cast 300+). Don't count this virus out yet, it may rise fron the pit of vaccination yet.
Get your shot people, legitimate health concerns yeah but everyone else it is not worse than catching this crud, I'm 14 months out and still joint and muscle pain out of the blue
I think I read that most were false positives/ inaccurate tests but who knows if that was PR spin.

Zummi Gummi

Not what local Tampa news was reporting but who knows. They are pretty dialed into the parks though.
This is the official statement:

"An official statement from the cruise line said because of inconsistent test results submitted before sailing, it will have to push the attempt to a later date. “We are delaying our simulation cruise due to a small number of inconsistent COVID-19 test results, which are considered positive by the CDC,” according to the statement. “The rigorous health and safety protocols we have in place helped us identify the situation, though the test results were ultimately negative.”

Disney Cruise Line delays test sail from Port Canaveral

GimpYancIent

"An official statement from the cruise line said because of inconsistent test results submitted before sailing, it will have to push the attempt to a later date. “We are delaying our simulation cruise due to a small number of inconsistent COVID-19 test results, which are considered positive by the CDC,” according to the statement. “The rigorous health and safety protocols we have in place helped us identify the situation, though the test results were ultimately negative.”

Prudent action by DCL regardless of test results.

JoeCamel

Kinda brings into question all the testing we have been doing to date, we should know how to get good results by now right?

Zummi Gummi

Kinda brings into question all the testing we have been doing to date, we should know how to get good results by now right?
I don't know this, and I'm just speculating, but I wonder if the initial tests were rapid tests, which are far less accurate, and when the PCR tests came in, they came back negative? I know that has happened more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom