Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Nickp1983

Orange County will not yet lift all mask requirements despite being very close to reaching at least one part of the criteria to end its mandate​

Hmmm. Doesn't match what was being reported.

In my industry we call this "creative accounting"

Patcheslee

Hmmm… so where is the breakdown that doesn’t include the rapid tests? The good news is that we now all know that the mayor will move to Phase 3 when the rolling 14-day average is under 5% as he clearly said it was 70% vaccinated OR the 5% at the presser today.
A 1.2% increase in vaccinations since last Friday. I'm hoping it increases much more by next week. If not, it may be a long road to that 70%

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would be shocked if Orange County is not in Phase 3 by memorial Day.

I can see them waiting right until after memorial day to lift all mask mandates.
Looks that way. I would be equally shocked if WDW dropped indoor masks for everyone at that time. Based on the way Disney moved throughout this process that’s way too quick of a change. They worked with the Mayor to set the guidelines and he very clearly stated when they first announced that he didn’t expect to hit phase 3 until July so that was the expectation I’m sure Disney was going on. Things have improved pretty quickly nationally so maybe they accelerate the timeline, but Disney has shown they will follow their own path and not just do what the county does. They required masks at Disney Springs well before OC mandated it.

disneygeek90

We only need to get under 5% for the rolling 14-day average though, and then the county will move to Phase 3. Demings made this clear at the presser today, and he said that would happen in the “very, very near future.”
For some of us the goal is actually herd immunity for the county as opposed to just getting rid of masks at theme parks ASAP.

Mark52479

Looks that way. I would be equally shocked if WDW dropped indoor masks for everyone at that time. Based on the way Disney moved throughout this process that’s way too quick of a change. They worked with the Mayor to set the guidelines and he very clearly stated when they first announced that he didn’t expect to hit phase 3 until July so that was the expectation I’m sure Disney was going on. Things have improved pretty quickly nationally so maybe they accelerate the timeline, but Disney has shown they will follow their own path and not just do what the county does. They required masks at Disney Springs well before OC mandated it.
Orange County is prety much the last big county in Florida that still has a mask mandate.

I am wondering if the theme parks are playing a role in this. I bet they are.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here is Mayor Demings lengthy response to a question about Phase 3 -

So he still says on or before July 4 as the target date but he thinks that the 5% will be reached soon. Very confusing. He also mentioned having to get through the Memorial Day holiday. So I would assume from that answer and the post above saying the next meeting isn’t until June 2 that there’s no appetite for pulling the trigger on a move prior to that June 2 meeting. Then it would be up to Disney and Universal to make their call on changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom