Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQ

That is another rural area..not where the city of Houston is located.

Take a look at Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar, El Paso, and Travis counties...
These unpopulated rural areas swing so much, it's almost silly to look at them under the same lens as massive metropolitan areas. I think the issue is the NY Times heat map doesn't distinguish things well enough.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
These unpopulated rural areas swing so much, it's almost silly to look at them under the same lens as massive metropolitan areas. I think the issue is the NY Times heat map doesn't distinguish things well enough.
Yea, for some of these counties, they can be completely free of COVID for months, like it doesn't even exist for them...and then boom, an outbreak. One of the reasons I wasn't thrilled when they put the J&J vaccine on hold...but that is another story.

Wendy Pleakley

What do you make of that news?

The details have to be a little concerning as far as the USA is concerned.

First doses is an important indicator of willingness to get vaccinated. If these trends continue Canada will eventually pass the USA in second dose numbers as well.

The article notes there is greater resistance to vaccines in the USA compared to Canada. The concern is, will there be enough resistance to prevent the USA from reaching herd immunity?

It's concerning that million dollar lotteries and free donuts are seen as necessary to increase vaccine uptake, when the numbers are just above 50%. We're not talking about a few stragglers here and there.

i think that’s everywhere. Which is bad for the case of vaccines. May regret that in 6 months or so.

but it’s more likely to be the case in Texas than rhode island
Previous infection has been shown to be more protective than the J&J vaccine, but not as protective as the MRNA vaccines. Based off the research so far, there will likely not be much of an issue in 6 months. Reinfection is still extremely rare, on par with breakthrough cases post-vaccination.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Previous infection has been shown to be more protective than the J&J vaccine, but not as protective as the MRNA vaccines. Based off the research so far, there will likely not be much of an issue in 6 months. Reinfection is still extremely rare, on par with breakthrough cases post-vaccination.

oh baby...I roll with Pfizer. The 12 year old got one last night 👍🏻

and about 30% of the country has decided they get turned on by being adamantly stupid. So don’t assume anything.

they’ll “die on that hill”...which is actually a ditch. Appropriately enough...where you throw the body

Patcheslee

Buffets are great if you've got three picky eaters and a person (me) who misses variety. Disney's buffets, in particular, always had at least one main dish for each of my three picky guys to enjoy.
I'm the picky eater in my family lol. I know the family styles right now wouldn't work well for us. Also high metabolism so buffets are great for eating immediately, then grabbing another plate while characters did their rounds.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We've been using the new daily cases per 100,000 metric as being the most "fair", have we not?
Sure. In Texas, cases per 100K is just above or around 7 I believe. California is doing better than this. New York and Florida are doing a bit worse. But all continue to trend downward in cases and deaths, and I believe hospitalizations as well. This is positive news. Vaccines!!!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not many would consider September to be "summer" -- Disney considers it "fall." But yes, technically, on the calendar, the first 3 weeks of September are still "summer."
My point is not to argue about when Summer ends. Every time I say something could happen some time this Summer you counter with a response that you don’t see it happening by June 1 Or say that I’m saying it will happen by then.

Nickp1983

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210518-141003_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210518-141003_Chrome.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 62

Jrb1979

My point is not to argue about when Summer ends. Every time I say something could happen some time this Summer you counter with a response that you don’t see it happening by June 1 Or say that I’m saying it will happen by then.
I agree that by sometime in Summer Covid mitigations will be gone. It's something to be excited for. I have this feeling it's not going to change much in regards to things coming back outside of fireworks.

Chi84

Premium Member
All u can eat buffett options at WDW is something we won't miss currently or when they come back. The obesity issues in our country have reached epidemic status.
They don’t require you to overeat. My family loves the buffets for the variety and none of us is overweight. I’ll miss Boma even if they bring it back as family style. I never choose the most popular options, and that’s probably what will be offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom