Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

99% agreed. Using the Disney definition of summer (which starts in 2 weeks), I do think we will have some Covid restrictions through early summer. By mid to late summer, my Covid mitigation expectations (or at least they will claim it is due to Covid mitigation):
- Still no buffets
- Still no character meets
- Still no baby sitting services
- Masking might remain in indoor theater-type settings, monorails, buses, but that will likely disappear at some point too
- Question of when regular Mousekeeping returns. It's technically Covid mitigation, but affected by staffing issues.

And my major hope: They eliminate restaurant distancing, which severely is hampering restaurant capacity. Of course, they will need to find enough staff for restaurants if they do increase capacity.

And non-Covid related, at least not directly:
- Don't expect all resorts to re-open before late summer or fall.
- Some restaurants may remain closed due more to staffing issues. (this includes Space 220, which really should have been open by now)
- Doubtful that the full array of entertainment, shows, parades, returns before late summer/fall.
-Doubtful that FP returns in any form before late summer/fall
-EMH---> Early entry... Suspect this summer at some point, but really no firm idea of when
- Dining plan -- I don't expect for the rest of this fiscal year
All u can eat buffett options at WDW is something we won't miss currently or when they come back. The obesity issues in our country have reached epidemic status.

Heppenheimer

As far as Texas doing so well with low vaccination rate.

I can only imagine that it's herd immunity combo (for now) that was reached with vaccines and so many people contracting COVID and gaining the more permanent T-Cell immunity. Otherwise to me, it defies explanation as of now.
Has Texas moved into the "indoor" part of their summer heat yet?

Nickp1983

All u can eat buffett options at WDW is something we won't miss currently or when they come back. The obesity issues in our country have reached epidemic status.
Careful. I read an article that accused doctors of linking severe covid with obesity and they were blasted for body shaming.

All you can eat in general is well... gross. But that's just me. I never found the appeal of buffets when other people are mulling over the food you may eat.

ImperfectPixie

Careful. I read an article that accused doctors of linking severe covid with obesity and they were blasted for body shaming.

All you can eat in general is well... gross. But that's just me. I never found the appeal of buffets when other people are mulling over the food you may eat.
Buffets are great if you've got three picky eaters and a person (me) who misses variety. Disney's buffets, in particular, always had at least one main dish for each of my three picky guys to enjoy.

ABQ

There's also a county in Texas that's at 186 new cases per day per 100,000 people.
Not sure if you intended to make this sound more dire than it is. But I think you're speaking of Armstrong County. Which had 2 cases on average yesterday.

1621357636000.png

Their population is under 2000

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Houston County is still at 136 new daily per 100,000.

ok...I think the point being made is it’s in steep decline everywhere and the pocket areas will likely follow

We in a fight here in the Jerz...trying to hold the line when NYC and Philly have abandoned them. Not gonna go well.

I’m not supporting Texas on the side of the “power of the dumb people!” Narrative.
We lived it for 5-20 years and the last battle broke the right way...not gonna relitigate...

...but mama nature and pharma seem to be throwing it back our way. Good things.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Texas likely has a high undocumented number of previous infections. I know a lot of people here who had Covid that didn't bother getting tested, which is in line with our (rightfully) laissez-faire attitude towards Covid.

i think that’s everywhere. Which is bad for the case of vaccines. May regret that in 6 months or so.

but it’s more likely to be the case in Texas than rhode island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom