Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightguy

It is illegal. It's a violation of the Nuremberg Code to make experimental vaccines a condition of employment.
My wife is a public school teacher. I know she was required to have a clear TB test and I believe she was required to have certain vaccinations. My kids in public school are also required to have certain vaccinations unless they have a medical reason (and a letter from a Doctor) that they can't. Not sure where you're getting this stuff, but people in the US have an extreme- but not unlimited- amount of freedom. There are lots of things the government has every right to tell people they can or can't do. Once these vaccines have full approval in a month or so it's likely that lots of jobs/schools will make them mandatory. On the other hand, if enough people voluntarily get the vaccine, which drives the infection rate down to almost nothing, then most business/schools won't have a reason or need to make them mandatory.

bryanfze55

Well, we're still a WDW family. It's our home resort, as it were.
I get it. The resort thing is attractive. Eventually, I got to the point where I said “Ya know, Florida doesn’t have anything quite like Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Death Valley, Sequoia, Laguna Beach...” the list goes on.

lisa12000

Ahhh coming on here is carhartic tbh - just to see some normality coming back somewhere :) Us brits wont get back over this year now, Boris has basically said no more countries on green list for foreseeable future - mainly due to his total and utter incompetence in allowing British Indians to go backwards and forward even at the peak of their surge, then giving them all 5 days to get home without hotel quarantine and now seeding the Indian variant in areas of the uk - we are living in a never ending nightmare over here

corsairk09

Don’t want to rain on your parade but pandemic over? Ask India, Brazil, Nepal etc.
It may be over, I hope so, in your vicinity but this pandemic is not over by any stretch of the imagination.
Pandemic means :-
View attachment 557531

Attachments

• 1621037668112.gif
    1621037668112.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 49

Heppenheimer

It is illegal. It's a violation of the Nuremberg Code to make experimental vaccines a condition of employment.
1) Your link is to a known anti-vax organization.
2) The Nuremberg Code, is a set of ethical principles, not a formal set of laws, although they do influence laws regarding informed consent and institutional review processes regarding clinical trials.
3) The basis of the Nuremberg code is that you can't forcefully compel someone to participate in medical research. Even though the vaccines are still technically under clinical trial (the only trial endpoint still under question is duration of efficacy), EUA does not mean that everyone who receives the vaccine is now participating in the trial. The trial endpoints that allowed emergency use are already well estavlished. Only those who actually volunteered are still being individually evaluated.
4) All this will soon be moot, because the vaccines are fast approaching full approval.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
The only delivery we do is Chewy for whatever our cat desires and Amazon for stuff that is cheaper than getting in the stores.

We never stopped going to grocery stores.

I just lied. 😐
I order shoes, clothes, makeup, stuff from Overstock and Disney headbands from Etsy.
We ordered a cat tree from Chewy and I really liked their service... I may order other things from them instead of the A.
When we lived in a city, we ordered everything, anything... people delivered it to us. Don't live in a big city anymore, don't have to worry.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
On the other thread they are saying announcement could be imminent from Disney

They are thinking it will happen a lot sooner than we all think.
I forgive you for cheating on us with another thread....I’ve checked in on that one too:)

Lots of changes coming fast. The rumor is that starting as early as tomorrow they will start reducing queue lines on select attractions down to 3 feet (apparently the distancing signs already lost the 6ft language in select places, go to full loading on any attractions that hadn’t already changed and increase capacity on shows that were limited. It sounds like there is also an expected announcement any day now on outdoor masks. Similar to Universal the expectation is they will drop the mask requirement outdoors but require masks in shops, on ride queues and on indoor rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom