Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanfze55

Like I said earlier all that high guest satisfaction is most likely going to be gone now. Adding more things will help but they also need a return of FP cause wait times are going to skyrocket with more people in the parks.
I think we can mostly all agree FastPass+ was a broken system. I’m sure Disney will reintroduce something at some point, but I doubt it’s ready to go in the near future.

disneygeek90

Like I said earlier all that high guest satisfaction is most likely going to be gone now. Adding more things will help but they also need a return of FP cause wait times are going to skyrocket with more people in the parks.
I don't think FP can come back in its current form because they used the bones of it to create the reservation system.

And, FP would surely drive up standby lines. Open shows... get entertainment back...

ColeTrain04

Maybe. But if they reduce distancing to 3ft and can fully load attractions it might actually make the lines shorter? Or stay the same. I love fast pass but I really don’t see a need for it when lines are generally less than an hour.

Jrb1979

Maybe. But if they reduce distancing to 3ft and can fully load attractions it might actually make the lines shorter? Or stay the same. I love fast pass but I really don’t see a need for it when lines are generally less than an hour.
With added capacity I don't think wait times will stay less then an hour for long.

ColeTrain04

I think we can mostly all agree FastPass+ was a broken system. I’m sure Disney will reintroduce something at some point, but I doubt it’s ready to go in the near future.
Broken? I never waited in any line for longer that 20 minutes anytime I’ve ever gone. Maybe it seems broken for those who don’t know how to use it to their advantage. I have no problem planning a vacation 2 months out. I could seriously make every park a half day and then go sit by the pool and kick it! I miss those days.

ColeTrain04

With added capacity I don't think wait times will stay less then an hour for long.
You’re probably right. But we don’t know how much capacity has increased. I guess we will find out over the next few weeks. I do want to see FP+ make a return eventually. I know there are tons of people who hate it because they hate planning that far out but let’s be real.....every vacations requires planning.

DisneyDebRob

Love your optimism but there’s no way lines can get shorter. The ride can hold what it’s going to hold whether it’s 6ft distancing or back to people stepping on your ankles behind you. The more people the longer the wait. Opening up shows will help a bit but the difference between 35% which has been mentioned numerous times that’s what it’s at now.. to 45 or 50%, get ready for hour and a half or more waits for most major rides.

TrainsOfDisney

Broken? I never waited in any line for longer that 20 minutes anytime I’ve ever gone. Maybe it seems broken for those who don’t know how to use it to their advantage. I have no problem planning a vacation 2 months out. I could seriously make every park a half day and then go sit by the pool and kick it! I miss those days.
Part of Disney’s problem is that different vacationers prefer different types of reservation systems. I didn’t like the wdw fastpass+ but loved Disneyland’s MaxPass and enjoyed the wdw legacy fastpass.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm just excited that I can drink a beer while walking around epcot. It's the simple things.
So true. I can’t tell you how many times I have tried to take a drink from a water bottle or cup while wearing my mask only to realize I couldn’t. I’m going down in August and they are doing the Food and Wine thing all Summer starting in July so I look forward to the same. 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom