Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc315

. Everything else you are listing is government talk, mostly from the Trump administration around election time. You specifically said “Pfizer and Moderna fell way behind their goals they were listing in December and early January” I stand by my statement that that is not factually accurate at all.
You are complaining about the shift in “government talk”— so shouldn’t we look at the earlier government talk?!

What I posted was a CDC meeting in late December — 7 weeks after the election was over, from apolitical CDC scientists. So Fauci and his colleagues believed in late December, that we would have 200 million doses by the end of February. They have fallen way behind that expectation.

The companies themselves said 220 million between Pfizer and Moderna by end of March. A target they are unlikely to hit.

bdearl41

Hospitals don’t get paid to kill people, medical patients are a drain on hospital finances because they (including Covid pts) at best are treated for at cost for the hospital, but most of the time they lose money on them.

Procedures and surgeries are where the moneys at, if Covid could be corrected with surgery and suddenly everyone was getting this surgery then you would have an argument.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"People under age 65 who have prior conditions that put them at risk to the coronavirus could soon receive vaccines outside hospitals after a quiet executive order issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis late Friday.

The order says that physicians, advance practice registered nurses and pharmacists can vaccinate a person deemed extremely vulnerable by their physician. Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith, D-Orlando, said he confirmed with emergency management director Jared Moskowitz that the new order means people under age 65, with certain medical conditions, can get vaccines at pharmacies. It was not immediately clear what conditions might apply or what locations would be participating.

Representatives from the Florida Division of Emergency Management and Publix did not immediately respond to emails and calls for comment on Sunday. DeSantis spokeswoman Meredith Beatrice wrote in an email that details about the order are forthcoming."

Here's a link to the executive order -

Publix has now updated their FAQ to include this -

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 11.10.45 PM.png

Touchdown

Do you know how few Covid pts are put on ventilators? It’s practically a death sentence and we do everything in our power to avoid it and have done so since late last Spring. Here’s my state’s stats:

22288F23-3496-438B-A401-0827CDD10969.jpeg
Notice, at our peak 456 Covid patients were in the ICU. Why do I signal out ICU cases? Because practically anyone (there is one rare objection, a tracheotomy patient who gets ventilated at night only sometimes is on the floor) who is ventilated in a hospital is in the ICU. Unfortunately, we don’t keep stats on how many Covid pts are ventilated in the ICU but we do keep track on everyone ventilated in the ICU:

C011815D-548A-44E4-B03B-3D83CB60E053.jpeg
See how on average we have 200-300 people ventilated? That’s our baseline, and even happened in July when we only had 65 Covid ICU pts. At our peak, only approximately 600 people were ventilated, at a time when 2200 Wisconsinites were in the hospital with Covid. If this was a money making scheme shouldn’t everyone have been, I mean we have the capacity right?

MEDICAL PARIENTS DO NOT MAKE A HOSPITAL MONEY, THEY COST MORE TO CARE FOR ON AVERAGE THEN WHAT MEDICARE PAYS OUT.

Don’t believe me? Here’s a business article from October detailing the issue:

PS: What is your love for news articles from the first month of the pandemic? You do know we’ve learned a thing or two since then.

Stitch826

Virginia has a single sign up system, and it's terribly frustrating. Individuals 65+ can (as of this week) book appointments directly with CVS pharmacy, but otherwise, all vaccine appointments -- whether through pharmacies or other providers -- are doled out by the state. People 16-64 with co-morbidities (including me) are eligible according to the state guidelines, but we are in a black hole wondering when our number will be called.
The state I live in has a horrible system as well regarding the vaccine. The governor decides who belongs in each phase of vaccinations. There is currently no schedule published that features which age groups or essential worker categories get their vaccines in which order beyond the current demographic being done. Obviously dates can’t be given far in advance due to supply and demand issues, but the order of which age groups and categories should be listed. This is something that should be done uniformly throughout the country rather than state by state.

bdearl41

Do you know how few Covid pts are put on ventilators? It’s practically a death sentence and we do everything in our power to avoid it and have done so since late last Spring. Here’s my state’s stats:

View attachment 536366Notice, at our peak 456 Covid patients were in the ICU. Why do I signal out ICU cases? Because practically anyone (there is one rare objection, a tracheotomy patient who gets ventilated at night only sometimes is on the floor) who is ventilated in a hospital is in the ICU. Unfortunately, we don’t keep stats on how many Covid pts are ventilated in the ICU but we do keep track on everyone ventilated in the ICU:

View attachment 536367See how on average we have 200-300 people ventilated? That’s our baseline, and even happened in July when we only had 65 Covid ICU pts. At our peak, only approximately 600 people were ventilated, at a time when 2200 Wisconsinites were in the hospital with Covid. If this was a money making scheme shouldn’t everyone have been, I mean we have the capacity right?

MEDICAL PARIENTS DO NOT MAKE A HOSPITAL MONEY, THEY COST MORE TO CARE FOR ON AVERAGE THEN WHAT MEDICARE PAYS OUT.

Don’t believe me? Here’s a business article from October detailing the issue:

PS: What is your love for news articles from the first month of the pandemic? You do know we’ve learned a thing or two since then.
13k is still a lot more than 5k. That has nothing to do with ventilators.

bdearl41

So somebody confessed to you their leading widespread criminal activity and all you’ve done is post about it on a Disney message board?
No. They simply explained how they were able to stay afloat during a time most patients were staying away. As long as Covid is in the body or they have a Covid symptom it can be classified that way.

bdearl41

There have been no public reports that hospitals are exaggerating COVID-19 numbers to receive higher Medicare payments.
Of course not. I’m not saying they are lying. I’m simply saying some deaths have been attributed to Covid only because the deceased had a Covid symptom. Which is all that is required based on the HEROS act.

lazyboy97o

No. They simply explained how they were able to stay afloat during a time most patients were staying away. As long as Covid is in the body or they have a Covid symptom it can be classified that way.
Of course not. I’m not saying they are lying. I’m simply saying some deaths have been attributed to Covid only because the deceased had a Covid symptom. Which is all that is required based on the HEROS act.
What you are describing is fraud and a conspiracy because hospitals don’t get to make such decisions, so it would require every doctor to play along and take the liability for no gain. And it was all confessed to you.

Miss Bella

I do know nurses are getting 5-10k a week thanks to to the HEROES act. I'm not saying you're wrong or right...I will say it's complicated, and it's the craziest thing I've ever seen.

bdearl41

What you are describing is fraud and a conspiracy because hospitals don’t get to make such decisions, so it would require every doctor to play along and take the liability for no gain. And it was all confessed to you.
Like is said it’s not fraud as they are allowed to put multiple causes on a death certificate. And yes this was told to me, back is September. They simply said the Hero’s act, and the additional funding they received from Covid case related deaths helped them retain staffing. I’m not claiming a conspiracy. Let’s look at this a different way. Why does India have way less deaths due to Covid but closest to us in cases? They have a lesser health care system, far less testing, and poorer nutrition as a whole. Yes we do have a lot more very old and way more overweight but at the same time they should have many more deaths related to Covid than us as it’s almost impossible to socially distance there and their mask usage has remained under 50%.

My point is many deaths that really weren’t caused by Covid were labeled as such. Pretty much was told so by the director of the third largest hospital in my state
First one I could find that's peer reviewed:

lazyboy97o

Like is said it’s not fraud as they are allowed to put multiple causes on a death certificate. And yes this was told to me, back is September. They simply said the Hero’s act, and the additional funding they received from Covid case related deaths helped them retain staffing. I’m not claiming a conspiracy. Let’s look at this a different way. Why does India have way less deaths due to Covid but closest to us in cases? They have a lesser health care system, far less testing, and poorer nutrition as a whole. Yes we do have a lot more very old and way more overweight but at the same time they should have many more deaths related to Covid than us as it’s almost impossible to socially distance there and their mask usage has remained under 50%.
You are claiming a conspiracy because the hospital doesn’t determine cause of death. That means every doctor there would have to risk their license and prosecution to list a cause that they do not believe actually contributed. The hospital (whoever that actually would be) altering death certificates to include COVID is tampering with a legal document. That is all illegal. Doing for monetary gain is fraud. It is not allowed, period.

Touchdown

13k is still a lot more than 5k. That has nothing to do with ventilators.
DRGs are paid out based on expected expenses for the entire hospital stay, no matter how long or costly the care is. A typical person with hypoxia due to otherwise uncomplicated Bacterial Pneumonia are hospitalized for 2-3 days, usually by that time a patient can be weaned off oxygen and blood cultures have come back negative. Therefore the hospital is paid $1,330-2500 a day for all of their expenses.

A typical person admitted with hypoxia due to Covid Pneumonia is usually admitted for 5-7 day course (remdesivir, the gold standard in care is an iv only medication, is a 5 day course) the hospital therefore gets paid $1857-$2600. Still more, but, remdesivir is far more expensive then ceftriaxone and azithromycin (Gold standard antibiotics for pneumonia)and you have to grab your staff in airborne PPE to care for that patient. That couple hundred disappears quick.

As for why I brought up ventilators if your hypothesis was correct 39k is a heck of a lot more then 15k, so we should go for the gold.

And if you read my article it pales in comparison to surgical procedures which get the hospital orders of magnitude higher payouts. Why fake a pandemic for a couple thousand when you can replace knees for tens of thousands?

bdearl41

DRGs are paid out based on expected expenses for the entire hospital stay, no matter how long or costly the care is. A typical person with hypoxia due to otherwise uncomplicated Bacterial Pneumonia are hospitalized for 2-3 days, usually by that time a patient can be weaned off oxygen and blood cultures have come back negative. Therefore the hospital is paid $1,330-2500 a day for all of their expenses.

A typical person admitted with hypoxia due to Covid Pneumonia is usually admitted for 5-7 day course (remdesivir, the gold standard in care is an iv only medication, is a 5 day course) the hospital therefore gets paid $1857-$2600. Still more, but, remdesivir is far more expensive then ceftriaxone and azithromycin (Gold standard antibiotics for pneumonia)and you have to grab your staff in airborne PPE to care for that patient. That couple hundred disappears quick.

As for why I brought up ventilators if your hypothesis was correct 39k is a heck of a lot more then 15k, so we should go for the gold.

And if you read my article it pales in comparison to surgical procedures which get the hospital orders of magnitude higher payouts. Why fake a pandemic for a couple thousand when you can replace knees for tens of thousands?
Did I ever claim the pandemic was fake? Please point to where I said that. I’m simply shining light on the fact that a hospital gets more federal money from a Covid death than a non Covid death. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I SAID IT WAS A FAKE PANDEMIC? Stop putting words in people’s mouths.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For the first 9 months of Covid all we heard from the federal government were lies, conspiracy theories and finger pointing. I was hoping for something different.

You really think it is the same?

Two settings: lying buffoons or sunny side optimists?

Might be space for a few more approaches

lazyboy97o

Did I ever claim the pandemic was fake? Please point to where I said that. I’m simply shining light on the fact that a hospital gets more federal money from a Covid death than a non Covid death. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I SAID IT WAS A FAKE PANDEMIC? Stop putting words in people’s mouths.
You’re claiming causes of death, a major focus of the pandemic, are being faked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom