Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Why do you say "even those who die had pre existing conditions", what difference does it make, they are still dead. The only reason I can see to focus on that is that you and your loved ones are lucky enough not to have a pre-existing conditions.

I don't know how people can look at the number of deaths and not think this is a bad thing. Maybe people are getting numb to it. If I went back to December 2019 and told someone that next year 215,000 people in the US were going to die in a national disaster people would be appalled at that number.
They'd just say flu. Depending on who was governing, that is...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1602082724913.png

1602082747061.png

Kevin_W

You need a side so people don’t have to waste time reading what you actually say 😉

Exactly, it makes it much easier to have only 2 sides. And those 2 sides agree on every topic. That way if I ask you opinion on one subject (taxes, birth control, gun rights, immigration, etc.) I can automatically know your position on every other issue without having to ask. :rolleyes:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Fiction. Even using the case fatality rate (not infection fatality rate) it is not even close to 3% for people under 70.

It's a fact, based on one source of data:

1,056,364 recorded global deaths / 36,156,920 recoded global cases = 3%

but because of the prevalence of asymptomatic people we can be pretty sure the case number is much higher then that this reducing the actual case fatality rate. The actual number is likely under 1%, but still higher then the rate for Flu.

DisneyCane

See, what I said was a fact. With 7.5million cases in the United States with 212,000 deaths is about 2.9%... for all people. I consider above 70 to be people as well. Are you saying you don’t?
Once you are over 70 you cease to be a person. That's exactly what I'm saying. [/sarcasm]

You responded to a post that commented on survivability for people under 70. You stated an "across the board" rate and posted the overall rate (case fatality). "Across the board" means applying to all age groups. There is nothing about this virus that is "across the board."
It's a fact, based on one source of data:

1,056,364 recorded global deaths / 36,156,920 recoded global cases = 3%

but because of the prevalence of asymptomatic people we can be pretty sure the case number is much higher then that this reducing the actual case fatality rate. The actual number is likely under 1%, but still higher then the rate for Flu.
It is a fact of the known case fatality rate but the poster was seemingly disputing that survival is over 99% for people under 70. That is an undisputed fact and is well above that in the younger age groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom