Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What’s the big deal on deaths??? It’s a timing lag Or It’s all just old people who were going to die soon anyway Or guys that died in motorcycle crashes and got labeled Covid deaths, Or if you prefer...they almost all had a co-morbidity so they aren’t real Covid deaths. Did I miss any of them??? ;););)

hopemax

(Taking data form the covidtrackingproject.com). So cases per day have fallen dramatically since July and hospitalizations have followed the trend. That makes sense. But somehow deaths have not decreased nearly as much. I wonder why not. One would think that a certain % of people hospitalized would perish, but that the % would stay somewhat constant.
I've said this before, but it's the lag time in officially recording deaths. The actual date of deaths would show a longer line representative of a top of a mesa, and a steeper drop to today.

I've also pointed out some of the "at least it's useful" graphs the people who are "very concerned" about how data is released and presented to the media, so here are a couple more.

First, actual date of death in Florida

Second, graph showing the increasing lag in recording data. You can see that when the wave started in July, most deaths were recorded within 5 days. Now it's stretched to almost a month.

Miss Bella

I don’t think you will be able to leave the ship at all unless you are on an approved excursion. There will be no port shopping at all for the foreseeable future.
I think one of the suggestions CLIA suggested to cruise line was lowering the cost of the excursions. The industry leaders will be meeting at the white house to go over all the safety protocols.

ABQ

Interesting list, as I can recall not too long ago when there was so much talk about how badly Arizona was doing and hyperbole was being tossed all around in the media (not speaking of this forum) but now they are on the Friends of NJ list and no talk at all was made of how much they have improved. Expecting my state of NM to be taken off that list shortly myself.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Interesting list, as I can recall not too long ago when there was so much talk about how badly Arizona was doing and hyperbole was being tossed all around in the media (not speaking of this forum) but now they are on the Friends of NJ list and no talk at all was made of how much they have improved. Expecting my state of NM to be taken off that list shortly myself.

Because CA, FL, and NY are the whipping guys and gals of this board. NYC practically had its own series!

oceanbreeze77

I think one of the suggestions CLIA suggested to cruise line was lowering the cost of the excursions. The industry leaders will be meeting at the white house to go over all the safety protocols.
it doesn't matter what the industry leaders and White House say if cruises are visiting other countries with different protocols.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I apologize profusely we didn't have a "Great Job, Arizona" party for getting off the tri-state list of hotspots after doing a bad job by originally getting on the list of hotspots.

ABQ

I apologize profusely we didn't have a "Great Job, Arizona" party for getting off the tri-state list of hotspots after doing a bad job by originally getting on the list of hotspots.
Again, as I was certain to point out in my post, the hyperbole was not on this forum, but very present in the news media across the nation.

Lora Baines Bradley

I posted about this last week but the wait times are most certainly inflated to keep people out of queues. Line for BTMR was out the door and posted time was ~50 mins. We waited maybe 20. MMRR was posted 90, we waited 45. They’re running out of queue space. I hope they start rolling out virtual queues when they do increase capacity. We rode everything at HS except Aliens and still had time to walk and enjoy the atmosphere.

eta: forgot to mention i’m currently at EPCOT. SSE was a walk on as was Figment. While I was waiting for TT they came over the PA to announce delays due to sanitizing. When I was at HS last week waiting in line for MMRR the line stopped for about 15 minutes vs a near constant moving through queue. I would imagine that’s due to sanitizing.

Miss Bella

it doesn't matter what the industry leaders and White House say if cruises are visiting other countries with different protocols.
Some Caribbean countries have opened to tourists That will be something the cruise lines will have to work out with the ports. They have restarted some cruises in Europe with similar safety protocols.

Miss Bella

There was plenty of hyperbole on this forum. Where do you think they got it from.

Miss Bella

I posted about this last week but the wait times are most certainly inflated to keep people out of queues. Line for BTMR was out the door and posted time was ~50 mins. We waited maybe 20. MMRR was posted 90, we waited 45. They’re running out of queue space. I hope they start rolling out virtual queues when they do increase capacity. We rode everything at HS except Aliens and still had time to walk and enjoy the atmosphere.

eta: forgot to mention i’m currently at EPCOT. SSE was a walk on as was Figment. While I was waiting for TT they came over the PA to announce delays due to sanitizing. When I was at HS last week waiting in line for MMRR the line stopped for about 15 minutes vs a near constant moving through queue. I would imagine that’s due to sanitizing.
Have they increased ride capacity at all? When we were there the only ride where they filled every seat was Toy Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom