Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie123

What about the ports of call? Are the passengers to remain solely on board from point of departure (U.S.) to return (U.S.)?

From what I read that is being proposed, unless you book an approved on-board excursion you will not be able to leave the ship at all. No more walking around the city or booking an excursion on your own. The obvious reason is that there is no way to ensure that you will not come in contact with anyone who is positive with the coronavirus.

sullyinMT

From what I read that is being proposed, unless you book an approved on board excursion you will not be able to leave the ship at all. No more walking around the city or booking an excursion on your own. The obvious reason is that there is no way to ensure that you will not come in contact with anyone who is positive with the coronavirus.
Yep. Best attempt at a bubble possible. So masks on buses/taxis to the tour site, probably in the caves or on the catamaran to the snorkel site, whatever. Tour operators wouldn’t get certified/preferred status without the requirement.
Shopping (if any) likely wouldn’t be random stops on tours, but in the port mall exclusively, where masks could be better enforced. Like you said, no leaving the port mall area (if it is open) without a tour operator. I haven’t seen what the European operators are doing for port shopping, just tours.

Lilofan

CLIA already had a ban until Oct 31 so cruises weren't starting until after then anyway. I have no cruises booked and I'm keeping all my vacation options open. At least I have theme parks. How are things going up there in Canada?

You're always so concerned about the economy and the layoffs. You post about it every day and multiple times a day, yet you want everything shut down. You're a walking, talking contradiction.
Just get off your high horse with exaggerating accusations and mask up!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1601483192444.png

1601483210778.png

Archie123

Yep. Best attempt at a bubble possible. So masks on buses/taxis to the tour site, probably in the caves or on the catamaran to the snorkel site, whatever. Tour operators wouldn’t get certified/preferred status without the requirement.
Shopping (if any) likely wouldn’t be random stops on tours, but in the port mall exclusively, where masks could be better enforced. Like you said, no leaving the port mall area (if it is open) without a tour operator. I haven’t seen what the European operators are doing for port shopping, just tours.

I don’t think you will be able to leave the ship at all unless you are on an approved excursion. There will be no port shopping at all for the foreseeable future.

DisneyCane

When the numbers for yesterday come out it should be 2,073 new resident cases and 5.02% (or thereabouts) positivity for new cases. Total tests in the mid 40,000 range.

It seems like asymptomatic people aren't interested in getting tested recently. I haven't heard stories of huge backups at testing sites, test shortages or people unable to get tested leading to the lower average daily tests.

Kevin_W

When the numbers for yesterday come out it should be 2,073 new resident cases and 5.02% (or thereabouts) positivity for new cases. Total tests in the mid 40,000 range.

It seems like asymptomatic people aren't interested in getting tested recently. I haven't heard stories of huge backups at testing sites, test shortages or people unable to get tested leading to the lower average daily tests.
"When the numbers for yesterday come out". :) @DCBaker doesnt' have a monopoly on posting the figures!

crawale

Kevin_W

(Taking data form the covidtrackingproject.com). So cases per day have fallen dramatically since July and hospitalizations have followed the trend. That makes sense. But somehow deaths have not decreased nearly as much. I wonder why not. One would think that a certain % of people hospitalized would perish, but that the % would stay somewhat constant.

Many other states (Ohio, Mississippi, Texas to pick a couple I looked at) have the same trend where deaths have not decreased nearly as much as cases/hospitilzations have. While some states (like AZ) the trend is much closer.

1601487745143.png

ElvisMickey

(Taking data form the covidtrackingproject.com). So cases per day have fallen dramatically since July and hospitalizations have followed the trend. That makes sense. But somehow deaths have not decreased nearly as much. I wonder why not. One would think that a certain % of people hospitalized would perish, but that the % would stay somewhat constant.

Many other states (Ohio, Mississippi, Texas to pick a couple I looked at) have the same trend where deaths have not decreased nearly as much as cases/hospitilzations have. While some states (like AZ) the trend is much closer.

View attachment 501744

Careful...when I pointed out a few days ago that cases in Florida have been dropping since July, even with the theme parks open, I was told that "it wasn't true". I don't know...I guess I don't know how to read a graph despite my Finance degree lol.

JoeCamel

View attachment 501744
Two - three week lag time? Treatment is at least a couple of weeks.

rowrbazzle

Although I have no young children on which to test my theory, I would guess that as two year olds will barely be able to remember going out without seeing people in masks and that might and I emphasise might help them wear one, especially if it has their favourite character emblazoned on it. However I do think it is a very difficult rule and risks ruining any activity for children and parents alike. Parents don’t want to upset, or potentially frighten, their children.
I agree. All of my kids have done very well with masks. I think seeing us and so many others wearing them definitely helps. I think it's far weirder for us than it is for them.

My concern with a 2-year-old is more of a control thing. My kids wear shoes and see everyone else wearing them too, but that didn't stop them from taking them off all the time in the car or stroller. I could see a mask being a similar issue at that age.

sullyinMT

View attachment 501744

Two - three week lag time? Treatment is at least a couple of weeks.
Some lag time. But the downward trend in cases and even hospitalizations started aggressively almost a month ago and has plateaued. The death trend doesn’t seem to be following the same trajectory and is persistently high. I’ve wondered the same thing.

Chomama

Some lag time. But the downward trend in cases and even hospitalizations started aggressively almost a month ago and has plateaued. The death trend doesn’t seem to be following the same trajectory and is persistently high. I’ve wondered the same thing.
Been wondering the same. This isn’t just a two week lag. It’s been going on for. Awhile and no one has addressed it. I am very curious what the cause is.

Jwink

Been wondering the same. This isn’t just a two week lag. It’s been going on for. Awhile and no one has addressed it. I am very curious what the cause is.
I asked that and they said it’s all data dumping and that the amount of people who died is actually like like <insert single digit number>.... but the high numbers haven’t stopped... or gone down... and it’s way past the time frame I thought deaths would sky rocket (14k cases a day)... and yeah it’s not going down 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom