Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Honestly...have you even paid attention to the differences?

You’re coming off as a hoaxer...and that isn’t the camp you want to be In.

Spread through contact, high transmission rate, no data on it (novel), and no treatments. That happened. It did. We’re still not out of the woods yet.

Not the flu...not car accidents...not shutin induced suicides...key differences.

And as far as the “poor people losing money”...we actually did a fairly decent job of backstopping the workers in the relief packages. The safety net worked...for now.

But that won’t stop the huge layoffs, closures, losses that happen to preserve corporate benefit in the recession to come. That was gonna happen as it always does and the cause of the recession doesn’t matter. It’s a cycle...wheels turn.
And the fat cats have already made extra billions. Tons. Hell...if you think China did this on purpose...I got a more legitimate theory that amazon did.

Jeez. We are mentally stretched to the limits here.
Labelling me a "hoaxer" doesn't change anything. Would I be any better off labelling you as "brainwashed"? (Not that I am). When you start applying titles to the opposition, you've taken a step backwards.

And it's interesting to note that you end your post with an appeal to emotion. Please don't take that as insult. Just an observation.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
That is exactly the message I was trying, apparently badly to convey. I have read the boards stating that there are many more deaths per year from other dreadful causes so they ask why bother with the virus? I have also read posts that state if the number of people who die with the virus is taken away from those who die of the virus then the death toll becomes less significant. I was merely pointing out the apparent hypocrisy in that. All deaths are tragic, no matter what the cause.
You're just a hoaxer apparently. Fret not, it's perfectly fine to think on your own sans persuasion.

DisneyCane

Just a little anecdotal data from a conversation with the hair stylist that cut my hair today. She said that since the case numbers started going up, less people have been coming in for haircuts. This indicates that the data is changing behavior. She also said that people who have been coming since the reopening have commented that they feel safer getting a haircut with the procedures in place than they do shopping at Publix next door. Finally, she said that elderly customers complain about wearing masks more than the younger customers. I found that interesting since the elderly are the most at risk and should be most concerned about preventing spread.

Miss Bella

Just a little anecdotal data from a conversation with the hair stylist that cut my hair today. She said that since the case numbers started going up, less people have been coming in for haircuts. This indicates that the data is changing behavior. She also said that people who have been coming since the reopening have commented that they feel safer getting a haircut with the procedures in place than they do shopping at Publix next door. Finally, she said that elderly customers complain about wearing masks more than the younger customers. I found that interesting since the elderly are the most at risk and should be most concerned about preventing spread.
My gym is a lot less crowded now than it was pre Covid. Those of us that feel safe going go and those that don’t don’t. That’s how it should be.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Makes sense. I’ve been saying from the start that the best thing for the economy is a slow and steady opening with rules that make sense. People have to feel comfortable expanding their time out of their homes. The economy doesn’t work when large parts of the public sit out. Public perception absolutely plays a part in how well businesses will do. Don’t think that the recent uptick in cases won’t impact WDW attendance and other local attractions as well. I know a lot of people don’t care...less lines for me...but from a business prospective none of this is good. The one thing Disney has going for it is their plans are pretty comprehensive and very detailed. That will help some people feel comfortable.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Source for your number?
A quick Google shows every source saying 70-90%

There is a point where even uncontrolled spread will stop being exponential (because most people already have it) but that's different from herd immunity which protects people who haven't caught it.
Source has already been cited. Michael Levitt.
I'd say NY (along with NJ and CT) did things right. One of the few areas in the country that hasn't spiked in new cases. And NY was a bad scene for a while.
Is this a joke?

TrainsOfDisney

I hesitate to mention this... seeing as how it’s actually on topic... but Tom Bricker posted a few reviews of their DVC stay at boardwalk. Interesting read over ther at disneytouristblog.

He mentions how they made the earliest possible breakfast and dinner reservations to avoid other diners.

disneygeek90

Makes sense. I’ve been saying from the start that the best thing for the economy is a slow and steady opening with rules that make sense. People have to feel comfortable expanding their time out of their homes. The economy doesn’t work when large parts of the public sit out. Public perception absolutely plays a part in how well businesses will do. Don’t think that the recent uptick in cases won’t impact WDW attendance and other local attractions as well. I know a lot of people don’t care...less lines for me...but from a business prospective none of this is good. The one thing Disney has going for it is their plans are pretty comprehensive and very detailed. That will help some people feel comfortable.
If WDW has issues with filling the capacity they wanna see, all they need to do is flip the switch over to open up more AP reservations. Doesn't appear to be a lack of demand on that front. I'd love to know how many resort guests without tickets there are.

Miss Bella

If WDW has issues with filling the capacity they wanna see, all they need to do is flip the switch over to open up more AP reservations. Doesn't appear to be a lack of demand on that front. I'd love to know how many resort guests without tickets there are.
I was a little surprised to see so many people online booking 2021 rooms at rack rate. I think Disney has them fooled into thinking if they don’t book now they won’t get a park reservation. I expect discounts to eventually come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom