Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's easier to limit how many people you let into a theater then it is outside with people trying to get a better view of the parade. Good luck keeping space between anyone on mainstreet.
As time goes on there seems to be more and more evidence that outdoor activities are far less risky than indoor. If everyone on Main Street is wearing a mask that makes it even less risky. Indoor theaters, ride queues and even restaurants may turn out to be bigger problems for theme parks than anything outside. We still need more data but it’s looking more and more that way.

hopemax

I want this to be taken as least political as possible but

The governors of TX and FL closing the bars is a BIG DEAL.🤷‍♀️
You know they really don't want to do this. So the fact that Govs Abbot and DeSantis are doing it, intensifies the fear that it's a whole lot worse than we even think it is. And the grocery stores were just getting back to normal around here.

tallica

I'm curious, have there been reports on how the masks work with rollercoasters?
just an assumption, but I am pretty sure that at roller coaster speeds masks are not very effective. Any exhaled air that leaks out even if properly worn will be blasted into the riders behind you.

jaklgreen

As time goes on there seems to be more and more evidence that outdoor activities are far less risky than indoor. If everyone on Main Street is wearing a mask that makes it even less risky. Indoor theaters, ride queues and even restaurants may turn out to be bigger problems for theme parks than anything outside. We still need more data but it’s looking more and more that way.

At this point, it seems to be more about perception then what is actually safest. People will feel "safer" spread out inside a theater then standing close to a bunch of others outside. I have seen people post pictures of someone 20 feet away from everyone else, outside without a mask on and they freak out about how "unsafe" they feel.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
9,000 cases today. That's it, game over, I'm out. I AM CANCELLING ALL MY ANNUAL PASSES.

Congrats to all the covidiots, they have won.
In defense of the Covididiots I don’t think there’s any winner here...well maybe Amazon if they are allowed to deliver alcohol to people’s homes in FL and TX ;)

and for the record, I am not a covididiot...occasionally I act like a regular old idiot, but mostly when I’ve had a few too many drinks so that won’t be happening in FL or TX anytime soon.

oceanbreeze77

In defense of the Covididiots I don’t think there’s any winner here...well maybe Amazon if they are allowed to deliver alcohol to people’s homes in FL and TX ;)

and for the record, I am not a covididiot...occasionally I act like a regular old idiot, but mostly when I’ve had a few too many drinks so that won’t be happening in FL or TX anytime soon.
here in CA they lifted the restrictions on alcohol delivery. 🙌🙌🙌

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I don’t want to say that I’m “not concerned,” but I also don’t feel a need to panic yet. Yes, the numbers seem high, but it’s only .5% of the FL population have contracted the virus since March and .01% of the population has died from it. Again, I’m not saying we shouldnt be cautious, but at the same time, I don’t feel any need to freak out either. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Does wearing masks equal panic? Does limiting gatherings equal panic?

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
At this point, it seems to be more about perception then what is actually safest. People will feel "safer" spread out inside a theater then standing close to a bunch of others outside. I have seen people post pictures of someone 20 feet away from everyone else, outside without a mask on and they freak out about how "unsafe" they feel.
I agree. I’m just thinking that the one thing that came out of the recent protests that made a lot of people really scratch their heads is the lack of major spikes in cases in a lot of the cities where protests occurred. Public sentiment and even government recommendations may start to loosen restrictions on outdoor gatherings and tighten things indoors (like bar openings). Our views are ever evolving on what’s OK and what should be restricted more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom