Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLapidus

Doesn't pass the smell test, there is a lot a vague information around the story, but even if it did happen as stated, only a few had symptoms and everyone was 100% completely fine after a few days.There was now there there

Fake news, right?

I mean, you have no real idea what you’re talking about, but nevertheless it “doesn’t pass the smell test”.

In other words, it disproves your argument but you can’t refute it with actual facts so you just cast wild aspersions because it’s easier to live in ignorance and denial.

legwand77

You performed the exams on all of these people? You hitched a ride at the Circle K into the future to follow up on them?
No, snark aside, that is what the news report said, she even said it herself in the video. I now understand some posters do not read the articles.

legwand77

Fake news, right?

I mean, you have no real idea what you’re talking about, but nevertheless it “doesn’t pass the smell test”.

In other words, it disproves your argument but you can’t refute it with actual facts so you just cast wild aspersions because it’s easier to live in ignorance and denial.
Did not say it was fake, just it doesn't pass the smell test for me that is all. Where is all the anger coming from here.

TrojanUSC

How does Disney in good faith open with this?

Did not say it was fake, just it doesn't pass the smell test for me that is all. Where is all the anger coming from here.

There's countless examples of this kind of thing happening. Here's a memorable example of something similar from a church:

I don't know why it wouldn't pass the "smell test," unless, of course, you have corona and lost your sense of smell.

legwand77

Talking about the fact that here in Florida a 17-year-old died from coronavirus today
Ah, I see now thanks, be interesting to see the full story, not much on the details now. Only thing I see is he tested positive yesterday and died less than 24 hours later, which is not the typical run of the virus. Terrible news regardless.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Doesn't pass the smell test, there is a lot a vague information around the story, but even if it did happen as stated, only a few had symptoms and everyone was 100% completely fine after a few days.There was now there there
What story are you talking about? Not the same one I was referencing.

7 employees tested positive. That’s a fact and they tested positive a few days ago so none of them is 100% completely fine yet. Customers also tested positive. The bar closed for a deep cleaning. Thats how contact tracing works. An outbreak is identified and people who may have been exposed get tested. It’s really not in dispute whether there were cases relating to the place. The owner said when they reopen they will implement more procedures including masks for workers and more hand sanitizer and distancing of patrons.

FrankLapidus

Because “it doesn’t pass the smell test” is just another way of dismissing the story and the account of those involved.

Just call them liars, their account flies in the face of everything you’ve argued so far so it must be a lie, right? Otherwise, how exactly does it fail to pass your smell test? Were you there? Have you spoken to those people, or anyone else who was at that bar? What is about their account that is cause for scepticism?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Because “it doesn’t pass the smell test” is just another way of dismissing the story and the account of those involved.

Just call them liars, their account flies in the face of everything you’ve argued so far so it must be a lie, right? Otherwise, how exactly does it fail to pass your smell test? Were you there? Have you spoken to those people, or anyone else who was at that bar? What is about their account that is cause for scepticism?
When the manager confirms to the media that 7 workers tested positive and that the bar was closed for a deep cleaning I’d say there’s no test (smell or any other kind) that the story doesn’t pass. If it was just some people on Facebook claiming they were there and got sick maybe you could bury your head in the sand and say it’s fake news, but a bar owner whose business has been closed for months isn’t closing down over a weekend for no good reason.

legwand77

What story are you talking about? Not the same one I was referencing.

7 employees tested positive. That’s a fact and they tested positive a few days ago so none of them is 100% completely fine yet. Customers also tested positive. The bar closed for a deep cleaning. Thats how contact tracing works. An outbreak is identified and people who may have been exposed get tested. It’s really not in dispute whether there were cases relating to the place. The owner said when they reopen they will implement more procedures including masks for workers and more hand sanitizer and distancing of patrons.
Same story, there are other follow ups in other stories, it happened June 6th

Note from the news report - First Coast News hasn't been able to confirm Layton and her friends' cases with the health department.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just a well-intentioned comment about the 50 person gathering rule. I would not classify Disney as a gathering due to the mostly transient encounters. People will be distancing in ways that I assume close friends and family wouldn't.
Park gates could be an issue. Another issue revolves around transport (they can keep buses under 50 but what about ferries or the monorail). Hotel pools are another problem. No masks in the pool and hard to have less than 50 people most places. The other issue is shows like Lion King that are supposed to open. Unless they keep the crowd to 50 or less it’s a problem with that rule. I agree that walking in the parks, a lot of rides and even most queues can avoid the no more than 50 people rule.

legwand77

When the manager confirms to the media that 7 workers tested positive and that the bar was closed for a deep cleaning I’d say there’s no test (smell or any other kind) that the story doesn’t pass. If it was just some people on Facebook claiming they were there and got sick maybe you could bury your head in the sand and say it’s fake news, but a bar owner whose business has been closed for months isn’t closing down over a weekend for no good reason.
Well I would if a news story goes viral on a national level, staying open would have been nuts. Either way they are fine.

DisneyOutsider

Park gates could be an issue. Another issue revolves around transport (they can keep buses under 50 but what about ferries or the monorail). Hotel pools are another problem. No masks in the pool and hard to have less than 50 people most places. The other issue is shows like Lion King that are supposed to open. Unless they keep the crowd to 50 or less it’s a problem with that rule. I agree that walking in the parks, a lot of rides and even most queues can avoid the no more than 50 people rule.

It's not really a rule.. but I'm sure that it has Disney's attention. They have a very small window to make some really big decisions here. I feel like it could go either way regarding opening of the parks.

I do know that some cm's are not happy about having to go back in current conditions.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well I would if a news story goes viral on a national level, staying open would have been nuts. Either way they are fine.
Whatever floats your boat. If you want to believe it was a fake story but the owner closed due to a media conspiracy more power to you. I’m not trying to change your mind, just wanted to see what you meant by your comment to me that the story was questionable. Now I understand. :)

lazyboy97o

How do we know they are all fine? Have you followed up with each one to see they are no longer symptomatic and don't have lasting complications?
Don’t you love the logic that masks are bad because they hinder breathing but a virus that attacks the lungs and hinders breathing is no big deal and you’ll be fine in a few days despite all of the healthy people getting sick for weeks? We do have the Disneyland thread for those who don’t like such facts.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Supposedly Universal has 6 Gringotts Team Members with COVID-19, as well as 12 Forbidden Journey team members. This could be completely inaccurate information, but it is worth pointing out and has been going around for about a day. Supposedly it was started by a team member from the park.

TrojanUSC

It's not really a rule.. but I'm sure that it has Disney's attention. They have a very small window to make some really big decisions here. I feel like it could go either way regarding opening of the parks.

I do know that some cm's are not happy about having to go back in current conditions.

A week ago I would have said the parks would be opening without question. Today? Seems 50/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom