Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
1592691726353.jpeg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Oh I didn’t mean any changes per say- more wondering about opinions. Do we think they’ll definitely open? The numbers are kinda scary

oh. I think some people mentioned they think they should delay. I don’t think they will unless it gets a lot worse and Uni has to close. My opinion.

Jwink

oh. I think some people mentioned they think they should delay. I don’t think they will unless it gets a lot worse and Uni has to close. My opinion.
You know that’s exactly what I said. I said if UO closes Disney will follow suit but only then

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Apparently these fake cards are making the rounds online as a way to trick businesses into letting you not wear a mask.

The ADA is a law. Not an organization that could issue cards.
The ADA has no real bearing on the current situation. The law says a business has to make accommodations for someone with a disability but one of the exceptions is if the accommodation would be dangerous for the person or the general public which in this case it would be. There’s no legal grounds for not wearing a mask if a business mandates it.

icc2515

There’s no legal grounds for not wearing a mask if a business mandates it.
Well, what about this is Merika and the constitution and if I breath in my own breath I will die and I will starve to death if I wear a mask and my face will tan uneven and I ate garlic for lunch . I gave you like 20 reasons right there and each ridiculous one stands on it's own, so pick one.

rowrbazzle

I’m in Houston a lot for work and have a lot of friends there. It does sound like there’s been a large uptick. From what my friends on the ground there have told me the mask rules are not being followed very well. Due to the much more mild than anticipated original round of infections in March/April some people may have gotten over confident and are not following requirements as much as they should. This recent uptick could be a wake up call and hopefully people get back in line.

Until recently the governor of Texas had forbidden municipalities from requiring individuals to wear masks. This was a reversal from his approach when the pandemic started. Back then he said cities could impose more stringent restrictions, as the needs of Houston are very different from the needs of a small town in West Texas. I think it was only in the last week that he "clarified" that cities could put the mask restrictions on businesses. Those businesses can be fined if they fail to enforce the mandate.

I think you're right about the mindset. It never got very bad in Texas prior to the reopening. I think a lot of people just kind of figured it was no big deal.

legwand77

No, it's not. You couldn't be more wrong. Nor your sentiment be more callous.

Though younger people do better with COVID it still can kill and permanently scar them (their lungs, and even other organs). Even though a small percentage, just one death is one too many.

This is where you've lost all credibility in this discussion, wishing the virus on people to prove your point just so you don't have to wear a mask.
I never have wished the virus on someone, that is very ingenuous to say that

legwand77

You mean like the people at the bar in Jacksonville who tested positive and now blame the government for opening things too fast? Just because something is allowed under the law doesn’t mean you have to do it. People need to take responsibility for their own actions too.
That story was questionable at best.

legwand77

I'm in the middle of extremes. Story of my life. Take care of the vulnerable. Businesses can require any safety rule they want. No need to shut down. No need to close places that are using precautions. No need to shame people for wanting or needing to work. No need to shame those with fear or those without. There are ways to balance living life with safety.
most resonable post yet

TrojanUSC

Apparently these fake cards are making the rounds online as a way to trick businesses into letting you not wear a mask.

The ADA is a law. Not an organization that could issue cards.

Current guidance from EEOC and other relevant organizations is that a customer can be denied entry for not wearing a mask, even if they have a medical condition, as the nature of the virus means that the accommodation (ie not wearing a mask) could be a direct threat to someone else's health and safety.

That story was questionable at best.

How was it questionable? There's countless examples of superspreading events from early on with this virus. Many churches have seen dozens get sick after only one service, etc.

legwand77

How was it questionable? There's countless examples of superspreading events from early on with this virus. Many churches have seen dozens get sick after only one service, etc.

Doesn't pass the smell test, there is a lot a vague information around the story, but even if it did happen as stated, only a few had symptoms and everyone was 100% completely fine after a few days.There was now there there

Jwink

No, it's not. You couldn't be more wrong. Nor your sentiment be more callous.

Though younger people do better with COVID it still can kill and permanently scar them (their lungs, and even other organs). Even though a small percentage, just one death is one too many.

This is where you've lost all credibility in this discussion, wishing the virus on people to prove your point just so you don't have to wear a mask.
Yeah my friend who is a nurse in New York City right now says that a lot of people are permanently on dialysis for major damage to the kidneys and that’s in my age group which is like 30s 40s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom