Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolina_yankee

It is good because we are catching the asymptomatics that had no idea they are sick or having any problems, which in turn protects the high risk, elderly etc. Not too worried about children as they statistcally are not affected at all.

That’s not how this works. Spot positivity in Florida is increasing, along with the transmission rate. Both are in the “Warning, Warning!“ zone. That is not a good thing.

5511C73A-B08B-4D64-931E-8671D3AAEE7C.png

FADFFA34-8BEB-4914-9C99-01842EAC2E8E.jpeg

6A649C3A-D4BA-4042-A466-9087BC2607B7.jpeg

States that are being successful are states that have a low spot positivity and low rate of transmission.

oceanbreeze77

It is good because we are catching the asymptomatics that had no idea they are sick or having any problems, which in turn protects the high risk, elderly etc. Not too worried about children as they statistcally are not affected at all.
I think you have a very different concept on this virus and you have no plans on changing that concept, no matter what facts people present to you.

DisneyDebRob

I think you have a very different concept on this virus and you have no plans on changing that concept, no matter what facts people present to you.
Sound very much like the climate in the state’s today. Shrug off even when given facts, ignore when someone’s opinion isn’t your own. It’s a big part of the problem. When everything is claimed to be fake news or is being said for political reasons, it’s hard for some to see the truth even if it slaps you in the face.

FrankLapidus

I’m having real trouble understanding why some are trying so hard to minimise the seriousness of the situation in Florida.

I understand looking for glimmers of hope or mitigating factors amidst all of the increasingly dire news, but no matter how it’s spun, the situation is escalating and with every passing day looks dangerously closer to spiralling beyond control.

celluloid

I listen to the experts. While things are certainly sensative and people should be using common sense and becoming more hygenctically aware is a good thing, I listen to the expert medical professionals. I had a child born the other day and was allowed to be in the delivery room, stay the two nights at the visitation room afterwards and even leave and come back as often as I would like.(I did not, but was allowed to) Besides the typical temp screening, there was no other concern. If things were as "warning, warning" extremes(of course it is not a good thing) alert as people like to think, the hospitals with the most sensative care would be the first to let you know and treat it more like a C-Section where not even fathers are often not allowed to be near.

Getting all of the information and letting jouranlists or certain speakers of groups be the only source of our info, is like letting PETA tell you about Sea World or The Living Seas Pavilion.

disneygeek90

I’m having real trouble understanding why some are trying so hard to minimise the seriousness of the situation in Florida.

I understand looking for glimmers of hope or mitigating factors amidst all of the increasingly dire news, but no matter how it’s spun, the situation is escalating and with every passing day looks dangerously closer to spiralling beyond control.
Isn't it obvious? If you aren't concerned or aware of the virus and it's seriousness you're extra tough™️!

lazyboy97o

Everybody knows you should be multiplying the numbers by -1 and when you do that you see that the graphs are totally, actually, really for real going down!

lazyboy97o

I listen to the experts. While things are certainly sensative and people should be using common sense and becoming more hygenctically aware is a good thing, I listen to the expert medical professionals. I had a child born the other day and was allowed to be in the delivery room, stay the two nights at the visitation room afterwards and even leave and come back as often as I would like.(I did not, but was allowed to) Besides the typical temp screening, there was no other concern. If things were as "warning, warning" extremes(of course it is not a good thing) alert as people like to think, the hospitals with the most sensative care would be the first to let you know and treat it more like a C-Section where not even fathers are often not allowed to be near.

Getting all of the information and letting jouranlists or certain speakers of groups be the only source of our info, is like letting PETA tell you about Sea World or The Living Seas Pavilion.
Fathers are allowed in operating rooms for c-sections, even emergency ones. Or do you mean right now they’re not allowed in?

carolina_yankee

That’s not how this works. Spot positivity in Florida is increasing, along with the transmission rate. Both are in the “Warning, Warning!“ zone. That is not a good thing.

View attachment 477986

View attachment 477987

View attachment 477985

States that are being successful are states that have a low spot positivity and low rate of transmission.
Facts are facts , no one has posted any facts that are contrary to what I have been saying, other that the junk science which are not based on facts and have been debunked by others.

Question: are the stats above the junk science to which you refer?

What are the non-junk science facts?

What your qualifications to state with any credibility what is junk and what isn’t? I just posted stats from real places put out by people who know a lot more than I do. Maybe you know a lot more than they do. It would be helpful to know that so I can flush Johns Hopkins down the toilet.

legwand77

Example: Almost every graph presented to you is an official graph. No one manipulated the numbers, no one drew scribbly lines to make it look worse, its just that bad right now.

I haven't said they are wrong. Cases are going to go up dramatically. Positivity rate will go up. The junk science is that video by computer scientists about mask, pretty video and well done but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom