Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

legwand77

Cases are supposed to go up. They were always supposed to go up. That's what "flatten the curve" means. It was never about reducing total cases, it was about DELAYING total cases so that hospital capacity wouldn't be overwhelmed at the peak.

Truth, and if this mania goes on too long though we are really going to get in an issue of reduction of the populations immune system to regular flu and and other diseases. Immunity cuts both ways.

legwand77

You know, you’re awfully good at making generic statements about the way (you think) things are, but you rarely provide actual data, names, sources of information.

You’ve just completely undercut your own argument, as well, after you posted that airlines are full with unmaksed passengers, and then admitted that at least three (pretty major ones) aren’t, and won’t name any that are.

Not quite , I have posted links with all my claims , look up thread. I am just not naming the airlines because I am not into the shame culture and they are doing nothing wrong. The airlines are US carriers that people know that fly to Florida.

Incomudro

Best case: you help save American lives and speed the time it takes to get back to normal.

Worst case: you add an additional 2% of cloth to your body which is already covered 80-90% in cloth every day.

There is very little downside.

Notice that in daily life the 2% of the body we do not cover with cloth are our nose and mouth?
We breath, eat, and drink through these.
They are not meant to be covered all day - particularly in hot and humid outdoor conditions.

carolina_yankee

Not quite , I have posted links with all my claims , look up thread. I am just not naming the airlines because I am not into the shame culture and they are doing nothing wrong. The airlines are US carriers that people know that fly to Florida.

So they aren’t all airlines? In other words, you grossly overstated your case.

legwand77

I'm also seeing rumors on twitter of universal ride employees testing positive.:oops:

Stay tuned. There will be many employees both Universal and Disney that will test positive, that is a actually a good thing. The more people test positive you will see that for most people this is not an issue.

ImperfectPixie

I decided to do a little searching and found this editorial. The Dr. that wrote it references several studies that were done. While it might not be a huge risk, there is potential for adverse effects.

BTW, although she has not noticed any effect wearing surgical masks, my wife does get lightheaded when she needs to wear an N95 mask. She told me this months ago at the beginning of the pandemic before there was any "mask debate" for the general public.

Like I said, there is a reason that the N95 and higher filtration respirators designed for construction type workers have the check valve to allow exhaled air to escape easily and not have to pass through the filtration. I don't think somebody just thought it would look cool.

I don't think it is a very high risk for somebody without pulmonary issues to wear a mask inside a store. I would expect higher risk to exercise wearing one. Before somebody says that "nobody is saying to wear one exercising," my friend was yelled at when he was out jogging on a sidewalk by somebody for not wearing one.
Any doctor that is an anti-vaxxer is a quack.

As long as your friend wasn't within 6' of anyone, the person that yelled at them is a moron.

legwand77

It has been confirmed as a covid death. The disease led to a bloodclot which took a young person's life. The funeral is being held this weekend. Please do not be disrespectful of this, as it hits very close to home. Two of my coworkers know the father personally. One knows the lady who passed. This is not something to turn into a debate.

Not being direspectful at all , any death is tragic, but you posted it here and it is public info. As the article states - "making the distinction they were "previously diagnosed with COVID."

DKampy

As far as people being cautious...I noticed in my state it depends on where you are located at. I am a manager at a grocery store in Milwaukee...I have noticed customers are trying to keep their distance and almost everybody is wearing masks...the vast majority of are cases is in Milwaukee...over half of are cases are there when compared to the rest of the state...as opposed to the county where I live where the max cases we have had in a day is 6....when I am out and about hardly anyone is wearing masks and I have to dodge people to keep my distance.

I always wear a mask...I do it not for me but to be considerate of others...How do I know I don’t have Covid.

oceanbreeze77

Stay tuned. There will be many employees both Universal and Disney that will test positive, that is a actually a good thing. The more people test positive you will see that for most people this is not an issue.
this is not a good thing. The virus just doesn't stop at the employee. If they are working they could pass it on the children, old people, anyone really.

legwand77

this is not a good thing. The virus just doesn't stop at the employee. If they are working they could pass it on the children, old people, anyone really.
It is good because we are catching the asymptomatics that had no idea they are sick or having any problems, which in turn protects the high risk, elderly etc. Not too worried about children as they statistcally are not affected at all.

Rimmit

Your wrong with the full flights with no masks. No truth at all. Not only are the airlines going with mandatory masks now, but even when some of the airlines just recommended you wear them, they had close to 80% of the people wear them. Google is your friend.
As for Georgia and no spike well we have this.

Yes, we will need masks for a long time. Let’s put our selfishness to the side for the better good.View attachment 477847

actually, not all airlines require masks. Allegiant doesn’t. I just flew down to SFB from Huntington, WV on Monday and back this AM. Person at check in counter at HTS was not wearing a mask when we checked in Monday. One of the 6 people checking in people at SFB this AM wasn’t wasn’t wearing a mask.

On the flight down maybe 10 percent of the people on an 80 percent full flight were wearing masks. My wife even made the comment “We are the only people wearing masks.”

On the return flight it was not even 30 percent full and about 70 percent were wearing masks. Not sure why the difference. Could be because people believe they could be asymptomatic carriers now that they vacationed in FL which is becoming a new hot bed and didn’t think they could be asymptomatic on the way down. Also, I love DS9 and serious props for the meme. Just watched through it again during quarantine.

Just to finish my trip report from previous.

Gatorland - Masks not required. Unlike LEGO land where no one was wearing a mask I’d say about 20-30 percent were wearing masks at Gatorland. There were no specific “mask zones” and it was totally voluntary. Social distancing followed well in the two shows they had, but around the gator tanks people didn’t do the best job, but any encounter was not even a second or two and just in passing. No one was crowding inappropriately, just coming close primarily in passing and if a gator was doing something interesting in a tank. People followed the dots on the ground pretty well if there was a line.

Aquatica - masks required, but not allowed on water attractions (which is most of the day). They are required when indoors. Impressively 100 percent had masks on entry and no one throwing fits about mask wearing. When getting food at the indoor spaces, social distancing followed as best as could be. Amazingly no one went indoors without a mask to get food and everyone went back to their chairs to get a mask when they wanted food. I thought for sure since you weren’t wearing a mask most of the day that many would just get food without a mask but everyone wore one when they got food. Social distancing in lines was hit or miss. Primarily because hyped kids are justnot the greatest at social distancing while standing in line. Adults for the most part stuck to the dots, but the kids not so much, mine included as much as I prodded them to stand on their dots.

Again, in voluntary situations (theme parks, etc and not the grocery store where you just have to go) where the rules are laid out beforehand people already know the expectations and from our week in FL seemed to follow the rules Regarding masks. Social distancing and 6 feet proved to much more hit or miss, but amazingly when masks are required by the organization the rules were followed from my anecdotal observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom