Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

Hawg G

But you're much more versed on this subject ... so please educate us :rolleyes: (side note, that comment was made in March and was purposeful to make sure medical staff had necessary supply before assumptions were made on a 2 month old virus)

Nope, it was his opinion, based on his entire career. Masks keep people from infecting others. That has ALWAYS been the story. If you are not sick, the mask is a placebo. That placebo is now used to control our economy.

Honestly, do you think the "facts" have remained constant on this? In either direction? I just posted how the CDC is now saying don't worry about surfaces. I'm pretty sure it wasn't too long ago we were told it could last for hours on a surface. The entire nation hoarded wipes. For apparently no reason.

There is still a lot of truth to come out about all of this mess.

ImperfectPixie

So you agree with the studies that suggest outdoor transmission is next to impossible?
It depends on MANY variables. People in a close group, looking at a phone app or map, discussing what to do next in a theme park, I think is a perfect way to spread the virus.

ETA: Add masks to each of the people in that group, and the chances of spreading the virus are reduced dramatically.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Nope, it was his opinion, based on his entire career. Masks keep people from infecting others. That has ALWAYS been the story. If you are not sick, the mask is a placebo. That placebo is now used to control our economy.

Honestly, do you think the "facts" have remained constant on this? In either direction? I just posted how the CDC is now saying don't worry about surfaces. I'm pretty sure it wasn't too long ago we were told it could last for hours on a surface. The entire nation hoarded wipes. For apparently no reason.

There is still a lot of truth to come out about all of this mess.
Keep searching for it my friend.

Kevin_W

Of interest.

I did a lot of work with UVC ~15 years ago, but it wasn't a biological application. I'm curious what the dosage requirements to kill viruses are. For subway cars overnight, that wouldn't be a problem, but for something like a doom buggy that could be tricky.

Then again, they use UVC to purify water and those units have a pretty short residence time (and as another bonus are fairly cheap!). Putting in proper safety precautions so that humans are not exposed to the UVC radiation is also a pretty important step.

brianstl

It depends on MANY variables. People in a close group, looking at a phone app or map, discussing what to do next in a theme park, I think is a perfect way to spread the virus.

ETA: Add masks to each of the people in that group, and the chances of spreading the virus are reduced dramatically.
Exactly one outbreak involving two people has been traced back to transmission outdoors. One involving two people. Look, I am wearing a mask on my September trip required or not everywhere, but all the science up to this point says what you think is wrong.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

It’s probably a smart move. Not sure what the benefit is of announcing a date that is as arbitrary as the June 1 or now July 1 reservation availability. Unless the opening was going to be in a few weeks so the date was pretty firm why announce tomorrow plans to reopen some date in July or August.

ImperfectPixie

Exactly one outbreak involving two people has been traced back to transmission outdoors. One involving two people. Look, I am wearing a mask on my September trip required or not everywhere, but all the science up to this point says what you think is wrong.
First...I didn't say transmission outdoors is rampant. Second, the scenario I posited has pretty specific conditions in place. All I'm saying is that transmission outdoors isn't IMPOSSIBLE.

Lilofan

It’s probably a smart move. Not sure what the benefit is of announcing a date that is as arbitrary as the June 1 or now July 1 reservation availability. Unless the opening was going to be in a few weeks so the date was pretty firm why announce tomorrow plans to reopen some date in July or August.
There could be an announcement regarding the NBA playing their games at ESPN at WDW and the players staying in the resorts. Orlando has emerged as the front runner ahead of Las Vegas. Hope for the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom