Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

note2001

We need to stop focusing so much on the deaths and more on how sick it makes a lot of people. My wife has it so I know first hand how much this virus affects people. She has a hard time breathing and just walking to the bathroom she is out of breath. But yes lets open up Disney cause I need my magic fix. 🙄
I'm sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she's on the mend soon and that you stay healthy too.

You're absolutely right, humanity and preservation of should be top of our priorities.

There's a perfect balance somewhere when weighing out opening verses staying shut... no one knows where that balance point is. We know many services and companies can't remain closed for too much longer without going bankrupt or evicted. Disney is unique in that it has many other services under the same umbrella, two of which (online store and Disney plus) are not dependent upon face to face interactions with the public, although filming for new material is not currently underway due to the restrictions needed.

Fall is looking more and more likely for a WDW opening. We just want those who are alive today to stay that way.

Disney Analyst

Its like a state fair. I'm guessing that probably means the CNE in Toronto isn't happening

They’ve said there just isn’t going to be enough herd immunity to allow large scale events. I assume our strategy now that most are following isolation guidelines and our curve has flattened, is to allow more small scale spaces to open again, and then wait it out until better treatment or a vaccine is available.

That’s the vibe I get from our amazing lead provincial health officer.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Many of those guidelines came about before we knew exactly how much these droplets can suspend in mid-air for some period of time.

I understand. But he and Dr Birx still mention it almost everyday. I imagine it is more about prevention to limit spreading rather than 100% protection.

Jrb1979

They’ve said there just isn’t going to be enough herd immunity to allow large scale events. I assume our strategy now that most are following isolation guidelines and our curve has flattened, is to allow more small scale spaces to open again, and then wait it out until better treatment or a vaccine is available.

That’s the vibe I get from our amazing lead provincial health officer.
That's the plan they have in Ontario too. Its a great way to deal with this.

TrojanUSC

Phil12

Remember in the before-times, when a number of folks talked about germs on hotel room remote controls, glassware, phones, door handles, bathrooms, and everything else in their hotel rooms? Now imagine a person like that traveling through WDW in the after-time.

I'm suddenly picturing WDW visitors perpetually wrapped in PPE in place of plastic ponchos.

If the PPE is good enough, it might even keep us from getting wet on Splash!

Wasn't that a quaint thread topic just...like a month ago? Someone asking how to ride Splash without getting soaked?

Yup, this one was started on March 1:
1587258806713.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I understand. But he and Dr Birx still mention it almost everyday. I imagine it is more about prevention to limit spreading rather than 100% protection.
They have to hold to what is in place...even if it’s not enough. They see the writing on the wall and they’re fighting to hold the line with people who are fighting the experts. Better to try this than try to sell new guidelines to people looking for more excuses to act stupidly.
Fun article. Now imagine sweaty people on rides:

More encouraging ideas

celluloid

Whoops, you know, when your country just forgot to count half of the people. The reported numbers almost doubled overnight. You know there is a lot more when this information all of a sudden just came out and there is likely a lot more that will continue to reveal.

Josh Hendy

Whoops, you know, when your country just forgot to count half of the people. The reported numbers almost doubled overnight. You know there is a lot more when this information all of a sudden just came out and there is likely a lot more that will continue to reveal.
I tried to avoid all that speculation about, "models show it will peak in Des Moines in early May and they can reopen the feed lot late June with social distancing" and similar talk. But the few times that I DID look at those stories and charts, they contained the phrase, "Based on the Chinese experience". Double whoops.

DisneyDoctor

That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

celluloid

I tried to avoid all that speculation about, "models show it will peak in Des Moines in early May and they can reopen the feed lot late June with social distancing" and similar talk. But the few times that I DID look at those stories and charts, they contained the phrase, "Based on the Chinese experience". Double whoops.

And if the Draconian/Authoritarian methods are not working there(then again it may even out because their draconian attempts at perfection may equal our Unecessary avoidance and distancing when you consider how dense their population is)
Either way, not a good global citizen look and tells me that more info is likely to come out and maybe double again(and again and again) later and that travel to and from from Asia is not going to be happening for a long while.

BrianLo

New York just did the same thing earlier this week. They added 3778 additional at home deaths they hadn't been tabulating or able to calculate either (China added 1290). Both track.

Yodascousin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom