Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin_W

My wife as an ICU nurse has used the N95 mask and said it must fit correctly to be effective and it is very difficult to breath through. Wearing it for long periods of time are exhausting. Use a cloth mask leave the N-95's for the professional care giver they need them more than you or I going to the store or pump gas

At my work, we use full and half-face respirators with VOC cartridges, hepa filters, or both. To use these, we have to go through a medical screen including a pulmonary function test due to the increased work the lungs have to do. Is that required for the N95's as well?

21stamps

You're kidding, right? I can imagine lots of hugging during the service. And everyone is close together in the worship space.

Nope, not kidding. A funeral service should be allowed to happen, even if it stays with immediate family only.

I cannot respect someone who knowingly and needlessly endangers the lives and wellbeing of the very people he’s supposed to be caring for. There’s nothing tricky about it.

You will be happy to know (as am I) that my governor is outright criticizing churches who are continuing to hold regular services. He is asking them to do what is right for their congregation.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Panama is taking a new — if somewhat unorthodox — measure to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus: separation of the sexes.
Starting on Wednesday, only women will be able to leave their homes to buy necessities on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Men in Panama will be allowed to venture outside to run errands on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday."

John park hopper

At my work, we use full and half-face respirators with VOC cartridges, hepa filters, or both. To use these, we have to go through a medical screen including a pulmonary function test due to the increased work the lungs have to do. Is that required for the N95's as well?
No, she just told me they come in different sizes she would fit test her co workers and spray some sort of aerosol (particle size)when they could not smell it that would be the size they were issued and have to remember. So people just going out and buying N95 mask not knowing your size and if it actually is filtering properly --all you are doing is giving yourself a false sense of security --wasting your money

Lilofan

"Panama is taking a new — if somewhat unorthodox — measure to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus: separation of the sexes.
Starting on Wednesday, only women will be able to leave their homes to buy necessities on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Men in Panama will be allowed to venture outside to run errands on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday."

At this point nothing that crazy is a bad idea.

21stamps

I don’t understand how we’re on the same trajectory as Italy. We’ve taken so many precautions.

Are they saying this due to the amount of cases in NYC?

thecouch

I don’t understand how we’re on the same trajectory as Italy. We’ve taken so many precautions.

Compared to other countries the USA has been very slow. You just have to look at flights still going on in USA. The last day at disney world was one big party and most countries had already started major lockdown. Just look at Australia the highest number of overseas cases brought into to Australia were from travellers that had been in USA (besides one cruise ship which is over 400 cases now)

JohnD

There was an earlier story about a church that conducted a funeral. Next thing you know, the whole community had COVID 19. I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again. I'll agree this is a definite loop hole in the EO.

Replying to my own post, a reporter just asked the President at his daily COVID 19 press conference about that very loophole. The President deferred and said while he spoke with Gov. DeSantis this morning he hasn’t read the EO.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

States (yes, with the exception of Ohio) mostly reacted behind the curve.

It's here? Let's tell people to wash hands.

It's spreading? Let's put a 500 person cap on gatherings.

People dying? Let's put a 20 person cap on gatherings.

We're projected to run out of critical care units? Let's get serious with a lockdown (and Florida's lockdown isn't really serious).

Too late.

Next state, you're up!...

It's here? Let's tell people to wash hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom