Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calmdownnow

I think this essential service exception is the least of Floridaโ€™s worries right now.
Read the Reuters article entitled "5 days of worship that set a virus time bomb in France" It details how a Christian Open Door Church event in Mulhouse, France created the biggest cluster of COVID-19 cases in France with 2,500 confirmed cases linked to it and further cases in Germany, Switzerland and Africa.

rowrbazzle

Yes, but the post was to clarify what is likely now, as it was just shared here. The person sharing seemed to make it as if it was recently(yesterday) sent out to Cast. So I do not want miscommunication. If the info is already dated.

Right on. I wasn't criticizing, just providing context as well for why the info seemed so off.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, It only hit the Pentafecta, lol. Had it gone for the Hexafecta with being airborne like measles with an R=12 we might as well move to a new planet at that point.

How about we not give the viruses any new ideas?

Actually, if you *do* want to give the virus some ideas, there's a simulator game called "Plague, Inc" wherein you play as a plague choosing what mutations to have or not have so that you infect, and eventually kill, everyone.

When the CV became pandemic, my friend and I said this was eerily like the game.

It's a free-to-play mobile game, but the small fee for the ease of play perks was worth it, IMO.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Jwink

"Disney has rehired and furloughed crew working on its UK production The Little Mermaid and will utilize the governmentโ€™s Job Retention Scheme, meaning they will receive 80% of salary up to a maximum of ยฃ2,500 ($3,100) per month.

In email correspondence seen by Deadline, executive producer Jeff Silver and unit production manager Russell Allen notified production staff yesterday that it will rescind previous termination notices that were handed out on March 20 when it originally shut down the shoot until April 3; crew will still be paid in full until that date. The furlough will last until at least the end of May, unless shooting resumes before then or the production does not move forward as originally planned."

Jeez wish we had that retention thing

Lilofan

Their guesses really aren't any better than anyone else's. I'm sure the article has gotten then tons of traffic - but it's a pretty new low in terms of their integrity IMO. I wish people actually read stuff before linking it.
There are always going to be critics to forecasting teams.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There are always going to be critics to forecasting teams.

Literally they say this is an 'unprecedented' situation... then proceed to talk about how they have data for scenarios that are nothing like this... so let's see how they pan out.

It's talking to be heard...

Comparing a hurricane.. or simple recession have almost nothing to compare to what is happening here. It's using good data in bad ways -- simply because they probably have nothing else to write about.

European1992

From the financial standpoint, is this the worst thing that could happen to the company? Even when the parks reopen, it might take years before everything goes back to normal. True horror story. ๐Ÿ˜ต

If you think there are worse scenarios, list them too. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Disstevefan1

I saw this on a site from a reliable source -
"Expected reopening at this point would be April 10 at the earliest (if not at 11:00 PM on April 9.) An internal email sent out to Florida-based Cast Members Tuesday"

Well my previous post was indeed old info -

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has now issued a stay-at-home order for the entire state of Florida. The order goes into effect tonight at midnight and will last for at least 30 days through May 2.

Only essential services will be allowed to operate. A list of services will be released, and some businesses can be added to the list if they are deemed essential. Walt Disney World Resort and the rest of Orlandoโ€™s theme parks have been deemed non-essential since the initial stay-at-home orders issued by Orange and Osceola Counties.

All Disney Parks remain closed indefinitely, with the only earliest travel dates to book a reservation at Walt Disney World Resort currently starting at June 1 and later.

We saw other posts here about WDW taking reservations starting at June 1 and later.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Yes, but the post was to clarify what is likely now, as it was just shared here. The person sharing seemed to make it as if it was recently(yesterday) sent out to Cast. So I do not want miscommunication. If the info is already dated.

Well, now that we're in the future, we can see just how wrong that rumor was and judge its source accordingly. ;)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Other states are now issuing stay at home mandates, at a furious pace today.

Florida, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Georgia, Maine. I'm not sure who else.

PA hasn't been updated in this map yet at the time of my posting the link. It should be soon...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Florida is too late to the party but better late than never.

Also, the loopholes in the state order almost doesn't qualify as true stay at home. Many of FL's counties, tho, have solid SaH orders.

And it doesn't take effect until Friday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom