Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowamomof4

We are a family of 4 and I couldn't forgive myself if I subject them to the virus. Hence I am here looking for opinions and seeing what others are doing. Scary stuff.

Everyone's risk tolerance is different, obviously. I'm sorry you're having to decide in such a short time, especially while the situation is evolving so rapidly right now. Hope you can make a decision and be at peace with it, one way or the other.

seascape

Well, Dr Phillip's hospital not the actual area. But yes in between UO and WDW and very close to Sea World.
Please let us know exactly where he or she lived. We have summer neighbors who winter in Dr. Phillips. Actually, in the development by the High School.

We are a family of 4 and I couldn't forgive myself if I subject them to the virus. Hence I am here looking for opinions and seeing what others are doing. Scary stuff.
Go now. The virus will be in every state soon and the odds of getting it are lower today than they will be in weeks no matter where you are. In any case, the odds are low and the odds of it being bad are even lower. Don't give into fear but follow reasonable health procedures.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster

I had a trip scheduled for next week with my brother's family (including my 4 yr. old nephew and 7 yr. old niece) and we cancelled. I'm perfectly content with being labeled as overly cautious or fearful or soylent green is people, especially when my family is in the same boat. Side note, my brother works IT in a major hospital and my SIL is a nurse there. That's where the romance began (ha). I take a little comfort with their feelings on the whole situation.

But who knows if/when Disney will close? Our choices have as much to do with traveling, much less to the Orlando area.

Piebald

At this point I'm not sure why some cases in Florida and potentially a few more popping up is deterring people from visiting. It seems disingenuous to think this hasnt been spreading for weeks if not months and now suddenly people are beginning to panic. If that girl in Tampa who's sitting at home hanging out went through the airport she potentially exposed hundreds if not thousands of people. I mean I was sick a few weeks ago. For all I know that could have been CoVid19.

I was at Disney last weekend. If someone asked me to go this weekend I wouldnt think twice.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
At this point I'm not sure why some cases in Florida and potentially a few more popping up is deterring people from visiting. It seems disingenuous to think this hasnt been spreading for weeks if not months and now suddenly people are beginning to panic. If that girl in Tampa who's sitting at home hanging out went through the airport she potentially exposed hundreds if not thousands of people. I mean I was sick a few weeks ago. For all I know that could have been CoVid19.

I was at Disney last weekend. If someone asked me to go this weekend I wouldnt think twice.

Until Disney announces anything, it's a matter of preference.

UpAllNight

I can’t see a situation where flights between the UK and USA are restricted, but I can fully see a situation where Disney and Universal close...leaving everyone who’s booked through a travel operator like Virgin with a holiday to a place where nothing’s open.

Bob Harlem

Dr. Phillips Hospital is halfway between Disney and Universal. And close to Sea World -- and across I-4 from the convention center. This is a pretty big rumor to just throw out there, btw, hopefully its false.

Last edited:

Piebald

Dr. Phillips Hospital is halfway between Disney and Universal. And close to Sea World.
It's not confirmed yet but the source is certain and indicates authorities are aware but their priority is not to just tell the media every time so who knows. They believe itll come out tonight or tomorrow. Mods feel free to delete if it ended up being fake.

But honestly if they tested as much as they are in other countries I'm sure the number would balloon.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Working on verifying the source but according to this person in the medical field it's possible there are 2 cases in Dr. Phillip's and 1 in Lake Mary (about 40 miles north of WDW)
Doctor Phillips?

Universal is closing today and will not reopen till Memorial Day

I’ve just verified the story through my wdw insider source: Me.

It’s confirmed in my mind. As Steve Winwood told us: “Roll with it, Baby!”

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Go now. The virus will be in every state soon and the odds of getting it are lower today than they will be in weeks no matter where you are. In any case, the odds are low and the odds of it being bad are even lower. Don't give into fear but follow reasonable health procedures.

Couldn’t disagree with this more.

It’s a vacation...not the last flight out of Saigon in May 75.

You honestly are doing more harm than good on a difficult decision. I suggest caution and THEN if they feel comfortable traveling after a rational analysis...then ok.

This virus will likely not affect any of our lives. But don’t suggest that’s a foregone conclusion.

It’s an amusement park...do better with this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unrelated but I’m 90% certain they pay a company to write fake positive reviews on tripadvisor. They’re ranked very high, but all reviews follow a very suspicious similar format.

That’s one way to do it...

Disney DOESN’T pay people to spend most of their lives highly rating them on chat boards and forums...as they figure out how to con them into emptying their wallets with little resistance.

Tomato/potato

Greeco

Thank you!

Doctors in Washington state have determined that the cases there have been around for at least 6 weeks. There are most likely hundreds of cases in every state by now. The only reason they haven’t been confirmed is because wide spread testing hasn’t been done yet in the US and 82% of cases are MILD!!!!

There are probably several hundreds of cases in the park as we speak.

Live your lives!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thank you!

Doctors in Washington state have determined that the cases there have been around for at least 6 weeks. There are most likely hundreds of cases in every state by now. The only reason they haven’t been confirmed is because wide spread testing hasn’t been done yet in the US and 82% of cases are MILD!!!!

Live your lives!!!

There’s a difference between panic and reasonable time to process/assess the situation.

There’s also a sad immaturity to people that can’t at least consider questioning the wisdom of barreling through out of want without pause.

esskay

Thank you!

Live your lives!!!
Honesly I'd go with there have problably been thousands of cases.

It can be so mild (and in some cases not show a single symptom) that tens if not hundreds of thousands could be, and will be walking around with it at some point.

I had a super horrible cold last week. Sore throat, bunged up, aching, sinus pain. For all I know that was it and I've spread it all around my town. The advice here (UK) is still that if you've not traveled to certain locations, or been in contact with people that have then don't worry abouy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom