Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

Yep with you on that one, I avoid ice anywhere having previously worked in a place that had mold growing inside the machine - in most places its a sealed metal box, nobody has a clue how nasty it is inside.
Agreed. I worked in fast food when I was young, and if guests knew how filthy inside the ice machines were with mold, this would make you eat at home more...

Lirael

If you're healthy the masks only serve to ensure you don't put contaminated hands on your mouth and nose without noticing. You don't need a fully equipped military army gas mask.

phillip9698

Everyone absolutely has the ability to get out of any situation. "Other factors" are irrelevant to one's ability.

The "other factors" as you call them are greater indicators of one's likely success in moving themselves from one situation to another, even more so than the amount of work they put into it. Of course that is just the conclusion based on decades of actual study and not just bootstrap ramblings.

montyz81

People must have recovered at this point. It would be nice to hear about those that have contracted the virus and have recovered. That may go a long way in quelling everyone’s fears.

Lilofan

A 3rd case of coronavirus awaiting confirmation in Florida. The 2nd case was a young woman who returned to FL after spending time in Italy. The 3rd case is the roommate living in the home who did not travel. In regards to a confirmed case in NY, a NYC lawyer is confirmed to have the coronavirus after he went to the doctor having symptoms, exposed his kid who went to school, now the school is closed and the NYC lawyer recently spent time in Miami and authorities are trying to retrace his steps in FL.

Last edited:

Lirael

People must have recovered at this point. It would be nice to hear about those that have contracted the virus and have recovered. That may go a long way in quelling everyone’s fears.
One of the sources I follow:

Total Infected (including dead and recovered): 92,315
Deaths: 3,131
Recovered: 48,190

seascape

The other hint is DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE. And don't forget to wipe down your tray table, or cover it.
Wiping down the tray and headrest is something I have done for years. As for hands on your faces, I am trying but boy is that hard. I rub my eyes all the time but I am washing my hands all the time now.

Kiwiduck

The other hint is DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE. And don't forget to wipe down your tray table, or cover it.
It’s so hard not to touch your face!! I read on average people do it over 20 times an hour. Preparing to write this reply I found myself scratching my eyebrow. i feel like i want to buy a human equivalent of those cones of shame vets make dogs wear to act as a barrier.

Piebald

I'm hearing of a case in a major Orlando hospital and also the utility company here is instructing their employees to WFH.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is there any chance of them shutting down parks during spring? Like they did in asia?
At this point, your guess is as good as anyone's. ;)
As had been discussed in the whole thread:

1. It’s too early to tell
2. It probably “not likely” at this point. A lot depends on travel disruptions and how it unfolds in California and Orlando...particularly Orlando.

Always listen to MOM 😎

Last edited:

Lilofan

Working on verifying the source but according to this person in the medical field it's possible there are 2 cases in Dr. Phillip's and 1 in Lake Mary (about 40 miles north of WDW)
Oh geez, Dr Phillips is right next to Universal Studios Orlando. 😞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom