Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubs70

DisneyCane

Question for those who know.

My 15 year old daughter had both shots and recently had Omicron.

Do I have to wait to take her to get boosted?
It would appear that neither prior infection nor vaccination are very effective in preventing infection from Omicron. Both may very well help to prevent serious illness but based upon the sheer number of cases (which are just some percentage of infections), it would appear that there is no good protection against infection.

correcaminos

It would appear that neither prior infection nor vaccination are very effective in preventing infection from Omicron. Both may very well help to prevent serious illness but based upon the sheer number of cases (which are just some percentage of infections), it would appear that there is no good protection against infection.
Boosters are showing 75% in an article just posted here recently. I'd say that's good and pretty effective. Delta to Omicron isn't strong. We have no data really on Omicron preventing reinfection of omicron. So both of your statements are not entirely factual and neither do anything to answer the question.

DisneyCane

Boosters are showing 75% in an article just posted here recently. I'd say that's good and pretty effective. Delta to Omicron isn't strong. We have no data really on Omicron preventing reinfection of omicron. So both of your statements are not entirely factual and neither do anything to answer the question.
Not against infection. The 75% (for 10 weeks) is against symptomatic infection.

correcaminos

Not against infection. The 75% (for 10 weeks) is against symptomatic infection.
Do you know what that actually means? It means no one is getting symptoms to need to test. Which does not equate to not working against the infection at all. The 10 week stuff is not a fact either as we do not have enougn data to prove one way or another. So please again stop with your antivax arguments. I'm honestly surprised you're here still posting away tbh. Doesn't it get old to try to put down science so much and to what end? Time for me to step away from posts like this.

DisneyDebRob

IMO this is another step to help.
I’ll give this 10 minutes before the “ that’s not nearly enough”, “who’s going to pay for this” and “ it really won’t help” posts to start.

lisa12000

All plan B restrictions to end in england - including WFH, vaccine passports and mask mandates including in the classroom, and the legal requirement to isolate to end at the latest March 24th but could be earlier (mask recommendations will remain but there will be no legal penalty for not wearing one anywhere)

That’s it for england in terms of restrictions for now and we weathered Christmas period without many. For all the crap ness of our govt atm for me one thing boris and the team got right.

mmascari

I’ll give this 10 minutes before the “ that’s not nearly enough”, “who’s going to pay for this” and “ it really won’t help” posts to start.
10 minutes here or in general (twitter/pundits/news articles)?

For the latter, I think it was in the very same articles and was way less than 10 minutes on Twitter and from pundits. 😄

On the flip side, it's actually possible they listen to feedback and that this really is just a start. And everything needs to start somewhere. Can't change the past, but we can start to improve.

PS: Reminder for anyone that hasn't done it yet, order your free tests. Only takes 30 seconds to do it. Response and feedback to that should show if it works or not and if people want it or not. Leading to more of that type of response.

PPS: The analytics site showed 700,000 people all on the test site and the ordering page at the same time at several different times throughout the day yesterday. I cannot imagine supporting a web application scaling to that load. Imaging 700,000 people trying to post at the exact same time here. 😬 Looking right now, there's only 150,000 people on the order page right now. "only"

seascape

It doesnt hurt but if you look at the numbers in NY, NJ and FL they are dropping quickly. NJ already down just under 50%. By the time the free test kits arrive in February all 3 states will be much lower. As a whole the country is down from about 810k cases a day to 757k a day. That is a 7.4% drop nationally from the peak. However, I still like the idea of tests and masks, its just a little late to start.

DisneyDebRob

For the latter, I think it was in the very same articles and was way less than 10 minutes on Twitter and from pundits. 😄

On the flip side, it's actually possible they listen to feedback and that this really is just a start. And everything needs to start somewhere. Can't change the past, but we can start to improve.

PS: Reminder for anyone that hasn't done it yet, order your free tests. Only takes 30 seconds to do it. Response and feedback to that should show if it works or not and if people want it or not. Leading to more of that type of response.

PPS: The analytics site showed 700,000 people all on the test site and the ordering page at the same time at several different times throughout the day yesterday. I cannot imagine supporting a web application scaling to that load. Imaging 700,000 people trying to post at the exact same time here. 😬 Looking right now, there's only 150,000 people on the order page right now. "only"
The Disney web sites can handle up to 10 people on before they crash so that is amazing! 😉

Chip Chipperson

If the site isn't crashing at that level of traffic then maybe Disney should try to poach some of the IT people who built it.

DisneyCane

Do you know what that actually means? It means no one is getting symptoms to need to test. Which does not equate to not working against the infection at all. The 10 week stuff is not a fact either as we do not have enougn data to prove one way or another. So please again stop with your antivax arguments. I'm honestly surprised you're here still posting away tbh. Doesn't it get old to try to put down science so much and to what end? Time for me to step away from posts like this.
I'm not putting down science (whatever that means). I just don't ignore data and pretend that things do what they don't do.

Some people have become like college football fans arguing that their team should be ranked number one and are blind to any of the team's flaws.

The 10 week stuff is "fact" as much as anything can be so soon after Omicron appeared. I didn't make it up or cite some Looney tune on Facebook. It came from a SCIENTIFIC study in the UK. I'm elevating science, not putting it down.

DisneyCane

It will help people who want to wear them. Personally, I'd rather "risk" COVID as a vaccinated and boosted individual than walk around in an N95. The cloth masks are uncomfortable enough. I'm not wearing something that leaves indentations on my face if it is worn properly.

Whomever wants my 3 can have them!

dovetail65

One word... Mandalorian ;)
And more.

I signed up for Disney+ first day and out of the entire family dad(me) that watches Disney+ most. I like it all, both old movies, new series and the nature shows.

As long as Disney pumps out the new shows like Mandalorian and they don't even need be that good, Disney+ will make it. I likes all the new series so far even the series with not so good reviews, I just eat them up.

Disney can survive if even one in ten people are like me, they just can't go a year without new content. I was Disney I would pump out a new series every 4 to 6 months(max). My only complaint is stop with the 6 or 10 episodes and just pump out 20 plus episode seasons.

Last edited:

mmascari

If only they also had the efficiency of Amazon to deliver items sooner
It took Amazon 15 days to deliver the test I ordered from them. In the process they also indicated it was delayed and then switched delivery carrier from Amazon to UPS on the last day, without providing the UPS tracking information. This was despite the Amazon driver coming to the house with other stuff the same day anyway. (Amazon stops at the house often, too often probably.)

If they can beat that bar, they're doing fine.

https://analytics.usa.gov/ is the site with the page usage stats for anyone who wants to see the server load. Yesterday a story said that at one point there were more people looking at the COVID Tests page than all other GOV pages combined. In the 7 and 30 day views, it's interesting that USPS is the most used site, followed by the CDC (for 30 days). At 7 days, COVID Tests has already passed the CDC, and it's in the top 10 on the 30 day chart too. That's a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom