Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmajew

Would you rather wait another months to do the two week shutdown? At that point it will be like Italy with too many infected and the health care system on the verge of collapse.

We are already headed in the cancel everything, shutdown school and work so may as well get it over with now.

I would want the facts to be the facts and people to realize that it is a horrible flu but most get over it and most survive... Not OMG 4% die...

So I agree something needs to happen but it is more then just stopping an outbreak that is going to effect maybe on a worse case .29% of the population in this country.

Seams a little radical.... and that is people getting the virus. You would need to get to 3M cases in US to be even 1% of the population.

Our medical system is the best in the world so our death rate when you factor in all the healthy people that will be in that number will not run as high as China....

Just facts that need to be put out.... As I dont know how the gov bailouts 350M people after two weeks of no pay and companies not having revenues to pay rents etc.

ImperfectPixie

I would want the facts to be the facts and people to realize that it is a horrible flu but most get over it and most survive... Not OMG 4% die...

So I agree something needs to happen but it is more then just stopping an outbreak that is going to effect maybe on a worse case .29% of the population in this country.

Seams a little radical.... and that is people getting the virus. You would need to get to 3M cases in US to be even 1% of the population.

Our medical system is the best in the world so our death rate when you factor in all the healthy people that will be in that number will not run as high as China....

Just facts that need to be put out.... As I dont know how the gov bailouts 350M people after two weeks of no pay and companies not having revenues to pay rents etc.
Honestly, I think those who are told to self-quarantine and who do not comply should be slapped with a hefty fine and the funds used to aid those who actually do what they're supposed to.

Disstevefan1

How does the fact that some colleges and universities have gone to online only in the last few days fit into your logic? Those are primarily people in the low risk categories right?
I can’t speak for the logic of the colleges and universities, but I would guess it’s plain old fear. There is no loss for the colleges or universities since they already collected the tuition 😀

Lilofan

I can’t speak for the logic of the colleges and universities, but I would guess it’s plain old fear. There is no loss for the colleges or universities since they already collected the tuition 😀
The surrounding businesses around the college will feel their loss. College cafeteria workers still employed?

Lilofan

I do think if there's a coordinate 2 week nationwide self isolation next week that will solve alot of problems rather than a piece meal isolation here and an isolation there.
And with loss of income and probably not able to pay off monthly bills, will the bill collectors feel sympathy?

Disstevefan1

This really is not a good idea. You can spread it to people who are in a high risk group as you travel and will just aid in spreading the virus.

You are correct, in what ever risk group are in, or not in, you can have it and not know it (no symptoms) and go anywhere in the world including WDW.

I presume if you are sick, you would self isolate and get well.

If you are in a high risk group, you should stay home to be safe while the no risk folks should go to WDW and have fun!

Lilofan

Who's? Not the U.S.'s, not even close. Just do a search on how many hospital beds or resiprators are available for people right now if things get much worse. The U.S. is nowhere near equipped to handle a large amount of people being infected with symptoms
Not many think like you.

Reactions: Ayn

ImperfectPixie

Who's? Not the U.S.'s, not even close. Just do a search on how many hospital beds or resiprators are available for people right now if things get much worse. The U.S. is nowhere near equipped to handle a large amount of people being infected with symptoms
The governor of Massachusetts just issued instructions for those who have frequent contact with those who are most vulnerable to this virus to avoid large gatherings - sporting events, etc. He requested that businesses limit any travel and instead switch to virtual meeting options.

80% of people who become infected by this virus WILL NOT need hospitalization.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
If you are in a high risk group, you should stay home to be safe while the no risk folks should go to WDW and have fun!

I'm off!

mkp194885SMALL.jpg

Lilofan

The governor of Massachusetts just issued instructions for those who have frequent contact with those who are most vulnerable to this virus to avoid large gatherings - sporting events, etc. He requested that businesses limit any travel and instead switch to virtual meeting options.

80% of people who become infected by this virus WILL NOT need hospitalization.
That's fine for companies with virtual meeting options but I'm curious with most companies in the USA which are impacted and staff actually have to come to work. The jury is out on this. When are we are going to hear on the financial rescue bailout package Trump is supposed to talk about.

ImperfectPixie

That's fine for companies with virtual meeting options but I'm curious with most companies in the USA which are impacted and staff actually have to come to work. The jury is out on this. When are we are going to hear on the financial rescue bailout package Trump is supposed to talk about.
I want to hear about that, too. He mentioned it last night, so my guess is that they're working on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom