Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew81

They could go back to having Robin Hood, Prince John, the dwarfs etc in the castle, but people paying $100 each to see Cinderella may not be pleased.

I have no direct info, but I would assume contingency dining lineups are being worked on as we speak.

LukeS7

You have to weigh the economic impact compared to how much real danger is there. The stock market is losing peoples retirement money at a huge rate over the past week, the longer the uncertainty goes on about economic interruption the more the stock market will drop. There are many elderly people out there who depend on the market as their source of money, stocks and or bonds. Believe it or not they don't like to see their net worth drop by 20% in a week.
And I doubt those people will care how their stocks are doing if they're six feet under.

The economic impact is less concerning than the human impact and the government should be stepping in to help with both.

LukeS7

Ohio State has cancelled in person classes until March 30. That is crazy....
This is becoming the standard colleges seem to be adopting at the moment. Everywhere around here is going to online only for at least 2 weeks after their spring breaks and then re-evaluating to see if that should continue.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Broadway's most prominent and savviest producer is now reducing some (so not all) tickets to $50 for his shows. Now, from what I've read, this could be out of caution rather than as a reflection of the current state. As of now, business is robust -- but it's still something worth noting. I've been keeping an eye out on theater and especially Times Square as a whole ( just under 40 million visitors a year).

gmajew

This is becoming the standard colleges seem to be adopting at the moment. Everywhere around here is going to online only for at least 2 weeks after their spring breaks and then re-evaluating to see if that should continue.

Yeah but it is crazy and a dangerous practice that can bankrupt a country... The flip out of everyone is going to put so many small business out of business it is not funny....

thenerdbaker

Agree. The media is getting people all worked up into a frenzy...it's enormously irresponsible.
Seattle is already starting to feel this. I'm hearing that business has dropped 30-40% for a lot of small businesses. Working at an animal eye clinic has me a bit worried about if my job will be safe when this is all said and done. We are doing fine right now but we are seeing more cancelations by the day. It's going to be an interesting month.

gmajew

I do think if there's a coordinate 2 week nationwide self isolation next week that will solve alot of problems rather than a piece meal isolation here and an isolation there.

Yeah that will solve the outbreak but then how do you fix the millions and millions of people that are bankrupt at that point? You cannot bail out everyone... You cannot provide everyone two weeks pay to live either.

This fear that has ripped the country and it is just that fear as the facts dont back it up. The death rate being reported is high but facts show that tons of people have it but have not tested for it....

Will we be this crazy for the flu when it is a bad year?

I dont know how business or people recover from a two week shutdown.

gmajew

Seattle is already starting to feel this. I'm hearing that business has dropped 30-40% for a lot of small businesses. Working at an animal eye clinic has me a bit worried about if my job will be safe when this is all said and done. We are doing fine right now but we are seeing more cancelations by the day. It's going to be an interesting month.

No job is going to be safe with drops like this.... no business can survive that kind of drop.

Donald Dutch

How will that affect those expensive Princess meals and tea parties?
As a replacement for the Princesses during the meals, Mickey and the gang appear in special costumes.

As a replacement for the Princess Pavillion, a short Princess Cavalcade has been presented that starts at Town Square, has a short show stop in Central Plaza and travels back to Town Square. I think it is a great replacement considering the time they had to arrange it. It runs three times a day, in addition to the Frozen Celebration (four times a day) and Stars on Parade, so busy days on the Parade Route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom