Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

Remember a “peak”’is just that...the slope on the other side of the mountain is at least as long as the climb. The Washington model being relief on assumed normalization after the death rate falls to 0.3% I believe...that’s not close at this point.

And the slope on the other side of the mountain isn't always at the same steepness of the side you climbed up. People expect the slope to go down just like it went up, but we're seeing evidence that it simply isn't the case in countries like France, Italy and Spain, and even New York.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And the slope on the other side of the mountain isn't always at the same steepness of the side you climbed up. People expect the slope to go down just like it went up, but we're seeing evidence that it simply isn't the case in countries like France, Italy and Spain, and even New York.
I was gonna mention that...chances are the down side is much longer. The spike scares the crap out of people and they overcompensate. They get bored/wreckless/lazy on the descent.

TrainsOfDisney

Temp checks, masks, and a required app that you're clear to go...

I really don’t see Americans willing to go along with the QR code and monitoring. I’m already hearing about churches and small businesses in my area hiring lawyers about the forced closures.

But.... I’m surprised we’ve gone this far with it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really don’t see Americans willing to go along with the QR code and monitoring. I’m already hearing about churches and small businesses in my area hiring lawyers about the forced closures.

1. “Americans” are no longer in control. Life kinda changed 3/1/20
2. Where and who are they going to sue? Even if they “win”...nothing changes. You can have church that the public health officials then tag/track everyone from the minute they cross back onto a public or tax paying lot.

We have some lovely parting gifts for them...

John park hopper

Without looking...I assume that’s George E Pickett?
You won the door prize ---10 used masks

My 86 year old uncle went to Aldi (grocery store) he observed most people did not have masks/gloves or maintain the distance. People are not complying now they sure in heck once there is drop more people will slack off even more-- my fear is a second wave of infections. Good luck with Disney enforcing any mask rule. One of the big complaints prior to covid is CMs didn't enforce anything

Polynesia

With some predicted reports that Florida will peak in a few weeks? And to open by June 1? I highly doubt it.
Florida news conference just said it’s expected to peak in a week. I guess I trust my local reporting of what’s actually happening on the ground in our state.

thomas998

This is the question I attempted to answer.

But please just stop quoting me, because this discussion isn't going anywhere.

A quick internet search will show everyone who cares that many research studies have been published on MERs and other viruses every year, including papers on vaccine research.

See: Journal of Virology, Journal of Infection in Developing countries, NIH, NIAID, Nature Communications, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Virology Journal, and a host of other journals on virology if you want to know more.
I replied to your comment that

"I don't have any kind of inside knowledge or anything... but I find it hard to believe ALL SARS and MERS vaccine research ended. "

If that was an attempt to answer then I think you might want to think twice before answering a question because the statement I just quoted didn't answer anything.

Rescue Ranger

IF parks reopen but water parks do not, I wonder if we can get credits/refunds on tickets where we purchased the water parks+ option?

Hopefully at least one water park will open at some point this summer.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Florida news conference just said it’s expected to peak in a week. I guess I trust my local reporting of what’s actually happening on the ground in our state.

One of the more widely used models was just updated and has shifted it to May -

Polynesia

One of the more widely used models was just updated and has shifted it to May -
It went from middle May to early May to April and back to May. Very inconsistent. Well just see what actually happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom