Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Unrelated to WDW but I have seen several reports that farmers have produce in the field ready to be picked and no one to harvest it. I can't help but feel this situation is being overlooked and god help us if the food supply is interrupted or simply not being harvested. We can not rely on foreign imports those countries are no better off than we are shipments will stop. I would hope the various State governors would mobilize the national guard to help harvest an essential product ---FOOD --food for thought

So... people warning of this wasn't sensationalism after all, eh, @seascape ?

rowrbazzle

Except you wouldn’t just be taking a chance on your own health; you’d be jeopardising other people’s too.

I'm inside; I'm not jeopardizing anyone.

But if it's been two months and it's not working? If they're saying, actually make it three months? If we're all apparently going to get it anyway? It's tough to justify compliance at that point. Or, at least, it's easy for me to understand one's desire to ignore the restrictions.

MissingDisney

Including private???

Could they even do that? What I’m asking is if boating, kayaking, other water activities are banned.. or if it’s the public access that is banned.
Yep. If you’re in the water off your private home...it’s a problem.

Fishing from the shore is also OK, as long as you stay six feet away from other people.

Shaw believes kayaking and boating are verboten — and he recommends people avoid the other outdoor activities, too, even if they're allowed under the governor's order.

"Don't look at the order and say, 'how can I find a way around this?' Look at it and say, 'I don't want to get the virus and kill my wife or husband,'" he said.

"You may think you're not doing any harm by going kayaking or boating, but you're still touching doorknobs, making contact with people," Shaw said. "What happens if you're kayaking and the Coast Guard has to come out and try to rescue you, and they expose themselves? Just stay home."

DisneyDebRob

But if it's been two months and it's not working? If they're saying, actually make it three months? If we're all apparently going to get it anyway? It's tough to justify compliance at that point. Or, at least, it's easy for me to understand one's desire to ignore the restrictions.
The thing is, people are saying that exact thing after only a week or two depending on where you live. That’s the problem. People are already going back out because they think it’s enough. Quick google search will show you all you need. But I understand what you’re saying.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just saw this on news. Guess he was not wrong after all.

It seems it's going to be a "recommend to wear"... if you can make your own.

Which has all sorts of problems:

1. The ability and resources to make your own (*now* Holly Lobby is *essential*!).​
2. Using them correctly (such that you're not touching your face and failing to sanitize after putting it on or adjusting it)​
3. Washing them correctly if you're going to reuse them (and if you're washing them, you need to use bleach, which deteriorates elastic, so, don't use elastic if you plan to make and reuse).​
4. Social... friction... that comes when people don't wear them (because it's not mandated) and people freaking out when they encounter people not wearing them.​
Masks. <sigh>

JohnD

If you choose the pause program, it says the passes will be extended by the number of days the parks are closed.

AND your payments are merely postponed. You voluntarily pay "catch up" after the parks open as well as resume your monthly payment.

ImperfectPixie

The thing is, people are saying that exact thing after only a week or two depending on where you live. That’s the problem. People are already going back out because they think it’s enough. Quick google search will show you all you need. But I understand what you’re saying.
And that doesn't even include the people who have been ignoring the recommendations from the get-go.

DCBaker

Premium Member
These dates are still subject to change, but here is the new line up for the delayed Disney films due to COVID-19.

Mulan to 7/24/20
Jungle Cruise to 7/30/21
Black Widow to 11/6/20
Marvel: Eternals to 2/12/21
Shang Chi to 5/7/21
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness to 11/5/21
Thor: Love and Thunder to 2/18/22
Black Panther II: 5/6/2022
Captain Marvel 2: 7/8/2022
Artemis Fowl will now debut on Disney+ with no theatrical release.

Last edited:

durangojim

Michigan Governor shut down all water access.

The federal agency also reminded boaters that "routine small vessel travel for pleasure is non-essential."

Whitmer's order states: "Michiganders must stay in their homes unless they’re a part of that critical infrastructure workforce, engaged in an outdoor activity, or performing tasks necessary to the health and safety of themselves or their family, like going to the hospital or grocery store."
Southeast Michigan is where I live about 30’miles north of Detroit. I have to say people in this area are taking things pretty seriously and it makes me proud especially considering how much outdoors activities are a part of most of our lives here in Michigan.

rowrbazzle

Yup. That map in the NY Times that showed people movement was pretty incredible. We've had orders for weeks, but evidently folks didn't really comply until last week.

LittleBuford

Which is why I wrote "would" rather than "are". I was responding to your own hypothetical about giving up on the lockdown and taking your chances.

The situation in other countries shows that these measures do bear fruit. The results aren't instant, but they are encouraging. Three months is not a huge amount of time in the grand scheme of things. People have made far greater sacrifices for much longer periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom