Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

maemae74

I have some really good friends who just spent 14 days in Orlando between Disney and Universal all tested positive for covid upon return. One of them was congested , took a home test and it was positive. The other 9 people tested positive but have no symptoms. My friend is very upset about being exposed and catching coivd but I was like what did you expect going maskless in a crazy crowded amusement park. I love my friend but I don't understand how this is anything but her own fault but according to her both parks should be testing before allowing entry.

bhg469

I have some really good friends who just spent 14 days in Orlando between Disney and Universal all tested positive for covid upon return. One of them was congested , took a home test and it was positive. The other 9 people tested positive but have no symptoms. My friend is very upset about being exposed and catching coivd but I was like what did you expect going maskless in a crazy crowded amusement park. I love my friend but I don't understand how this is anything but her own fault but according to her both parks should be testing before allowing entry.
It truly is, all about personal responsibility. Granted it would seem that the current variants are not harmful, but its still as contagious. Cramming into a queue with thousands of strangers touching the same railings is bound to expose you eventually.

ToTBellHop

LOL.

Taking personal ownership for our choices is such a rare trait in 2022.

I've had covid 3x and it gets less severe each time. It seems rather mild for your friend's travel group.

We are on a travel board so I presume most of us travel pretty often (whether to WDW or elsewhere). Catching respiratory illness while on vacation is a significant risk of traveling. I know I've gotten a cold on vacation multiple times. But I still love traveling. If one does not wish to get sick ever and will be angry if they do, they need to avoid anywhere with other people.

Your friend should rent an AirBnB in the middle of no where in North Dakota...

maemae74

LOL.

Taking personal ownership for our choices is such a rare trait in 2022.

I've had covid 3x and it gets less severe each time. It seems rather mild for your friend's travel group.

We are on a travel board so I presume most of us travel pretty often (whether to WDW or elsewhere). Catching respiratory illness while on vacation is a significant risk of traveling. I know I've gotten a cold on vacation multiple times. But I still love traveling. If one does not wish to get sick ever and will be angry if they do, they need to avoid anywhere with other people.

Your friend should rent an AirBnB in the middle of no where in North Dakota...
Completely agree!

DisneyCane

If your friend got her wish and WDW and UO required COVID testing for entry, I guess we'd finally have a solution for overcrowded parks!

Last edited:

Heelz2315

I was planning on getting my 2nd booster this week but after having covid this past week should I still get it? I have read while I have been out that getting covid is almost like another booster. Should I proceed in getting it this week in prep for Disney over the 4th or is my immune system good with 2 shots/booster and covid recently?

DisneyCane

I was planning on getting my 2nd booster this week but after having covid this past week should I still get it? I have read while I have been out that getting covid is almost like another booster. Should I proceed in getting it this week in prep for Disney over the 4th or is my immune system good with 2 shots/booster and covid recently?
You probably should discuss with your Dr.

G00fyDad

You know, some kids lick the railings…
let me love you GIF

correcaminos

If you are eligible I would get it.

Not related but negative tests here for covid upon return so far

correcaminos

If your friend got her wish and WDW and UO required COVID testing for entry, I guess we'd finally have a solution for overcrowded parks!
No kidding. I wouldn't bother going myself.

Clearly covid is spread through 5g antennas exclusively but it has not been disproven that surface contact then touching your face isn't a cause for transfer... Unless the rules have changed again.
It's been shown to be super rare. Not really considered a cause of transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom