Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

Each person should ask their family doctor "Will this vaccine actually help ourselves and others, and do the overall benefits to both my family and society outweigh the potential risks to me or my child?" Vaccines are not about each person individually.
Do you actually mean that? Because my doctor, who is part of a large local health network told me he was being pushed to tell everyone to get the vaccine no matter what but that he didn’t personally believe that a young and healthy person like me should get one based on the (then) current information.

I had to get one for my work so I am vacinated. Since if I’ve had covid it was a mild case, I guess that j&j worked!

correcaminos

Do you actually mean that? Because my doctor, who is part of a large local health network told me he was being pushed to tell everyone to get the vaccine no matter what but that he didn’t personally believe that a young and healthy person like me should get one based on the (then) current information.

I had to get one for my work so I am vacinated. Since if I’ve had covid it was a mild case, I guess that j&j worked!
Do you really believe that all doctors are just being pushed?

I'll repeat for those in the back who ignore, there are many doctors who do NOT push any vaccines. Period. There are also ones like my office who are pro vaccine due to medical research and not because they have to. Then all in between. No doctor is going to be identical to another. I personally refuse to see a doctor who says vaccines aren't needed because it aligns with my views. Lots of varying opinions.

FTR my pediatricians have stated still red tape but vaccine boosters coming soon. I am sure they will push it. But if you read their page you'd know why.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Do you really believe that all doctors are just being pushed?

I'll repeat for those in the back who ignore, there are many doctors who do NOT push any vaccines. Period. There are also ones like my office who are pro vaccine due to medical research and not because they have to. Then all in between. No doctor is going to be identical to another. I personally refuse to see a doctor who says vaccines aren't needed because it aligns with my views. Lots of varying opinions.

FTR my pediatricians have stated still red tape but vaccine boosters coming soon. I am sure they will push it. But if you read their page you'd know why.
I just want honesty. Just because a pediatrician recommended all of their patients to get the first two rounds of the covid vaccine doesn't mean that doctor will push all to get their booster. I am just looking for my kids' pediatrician to provide her honest and best recommendation. That is my expectation...and she has always done that in every other situation. So if she tells me she recommends the booster to my 9 year old based on this, that, etc., my wife and I will likely go with that recommendation.

correcaminos

I haven't been keeping up with the data, what is the current level of protection the vaccines are providing against infection?
Lat I saw in the upper 70s for hospitalizations and about 50% against any infection for boosted. Unsure of partial or vaccinated but not boosted though. I know not boosted was lower in the past though.

So....
Sure it did...vaccinated people are getting and passing the current variant like rabbits :hilarious: ; especially a couple months or more after their last dose.
Yes it does. Pretending it doesn't is exactly what is wrong with the US and covid vaccines. Same story different variant. It's tiresome. Even at 50% against infection it reduces chances of getting sick. It reduces severity. It reduces length of time contagious. Put this in a communal setting and it absolutely does help protect if all actually bucked up and vaccinated unless they medically cannot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yes it does. Pretending it doesn't is exactly what is wrong with the US and covid vaccines. Same story different variant. It's tiresome. Even at 50% against infection it reduces chances of getting sick. It reduces severity. It reduces length of time contagious. Put this in a communal setting and it absolutely does help protect if all actually bucked up and vaccinated unless they medically cannot.
I am not spreading anything....except maybe covid even though I am vaccinated. The vaccines really suck at preventing infection of omicron. That has been established for a while. And while I was not referring to anything about reducing severity in my previous post (which is where the vaccines typically do their best work), recent information suggests that preventing symptomatic omicron really wanes just a few weeks after a booster. So in the real world, where not everyone has received their vaccine yesterday, the vaccines are not doing much to stop the spread of omicron. The protection just falls off too quickly...as mentioned, keeping you out of the hospital is where they typically shine.

correcaminos

I am not spreading anything....except many covid even though I am vaccinated. The vaccines really suck at preventing infection of omicron. That has been established for a while. And while I was not referring to anything about reducing severity in my previous post (which is where the vaccines typically do their best work), recent information suggests that preventing symptomatic omicron really wanes just a few weeks after a booster. So in the real world, where not everyone has received their vaccine yesterday, the vaccines are not doing much to stop the spread of omicron. The protection just falls off too quickly...as mentioned, keeping you out of the hospital is where they typically shine.

Here is the Qatar study referenced in your article that discusses boosted people that was referenced as very promising

Once again vaccines help to protect at risk if all vaccinate.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Here is the Qatar study referenced in your article that discusses boosted people that was referenced as very promising

Once again vaccines help to protect at risk if all vaccinate.

I received my booster in December. I am under no illusion that this shot is still providing me any sort of decent protection, or that it helps to prevent me from spreading covid to others (which was my original point) at this point. Again, this is the real world where most didn't receive a shot yesterday. But who knows, maybe I got lucky and got asymptomatic covid recently without know, and that is providing me with some new protection for a bit.

Angel Ariel

a friend of mine’s son went to the ER last night. He has a rare, eventually terminal condition. High level of need. The wait in the Children’s Hospital ER was 10 hours. They were admitted last night, but he is currently still in the ER because there are no beds in the hospital for her child yet. Most of the ER was covid cases. Nurses and Doctors telling her it’s been like this since before spring break (which was a few weeks after mask mandates lifted here).

They are overwhelmed and having difficulties providing necessary care to extremely vulnerable kids, like hers. And those same doctors and nurses are just at a point of feeling defeated as they tell her they recognize that people just don’t care about covid anymore and want to go on with their lives. It’s frustrating to see everyone say there’s no real impact anymore, everyone will just get it and let’s move on, while *seeing* the impact it’s having.

Heelz2315

I hate that about that your friends son. I hope he improves. But for some reason I thought those pills were supposed to keep people out of the hospital. Or did I read that wrong?

TrainsOfDisney

a friend of mine’s son went to the ER last night. He has a rare, eventually terminal condition. High level of need. The wait in the Children’s Hospital ER was 10 hours. They were admitted last night, but he is currently still in the ER because there are no beds in the hospital for her child yet. Most of the ER was covid cases. Nurses and Doctors telling her it’s been like this since before spring break (which was a few weeks after mask mandates lifted here).

They are overwhelmed and having difficulties providing necessary care to extremely vulnerable kids, like hers. And those same doctors and nurses are just at a point of feeling defeated as they tell her they recognize that people just don’t care about covid anymore and want to go on with their lives. It’s frustrating to see everyone say there’s no real impact anymore, everyone will just get it and let’s move on, while *seeing* the impact it’s having.

It’s really hard to know what to do. For my mental health, it’s easier to pretend it’s all over. But I know that it’s not.

I’m concerned that there will be another wave (right now numbers are still pretty low) and since most people are just refusing to do anything (masks, distancing, etc.) it will get really bad for hospitals. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom