Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmascari

As early as April 18, we will start reintroducing traditional character greetings at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, as well as aboard Disney Cruise Line and at Aulani Resort in Hawaii. Very soon, Guests will once again be able to hug Mickey Mouse, get an autograph from Mulan, and share a laugh with Goofy. We know many of you have missed these special moments, and your Disney character friends have missed you, too!

Did anyone ask Mickey how he feels about this?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

mmascari

There are no cases of the virus being transmitted to mice that I’m aware of.

I lied. There is.
I wasn't even thinking about COVID.

Just the hugging in general.

Like many initial COVID changes, not having to hug 1,000 kids a day was probably nice and Mickey may have wanted to keep that. Could be a bigger issue for Minnie, people are jerks.

mattpeto

Like many initial COVID changes, not having to hug 1,000 kids a day was probably nice and Mickey may have wanted to keep that. Could be a bigger issue for Minnie, people are jerks.

I totally understand that perspective. It will be too quick for some and I hope park operations can reassign duties. We also shouldn't ignore old social norms of interacting with each other.

Don't wanna be hugged? Don't be Mickey. 🤷‍♂️
Bingo.

mmascari

We also shouldn't ignore old social norms of interacting with each other.
I've seen TikTok and YouTube. There's nothing "social norms" about some of those interactions.

Give a Mouse a break here.

I mean, sure, which of us has not wanted to hug a six foot tall mouse wearing a shirt and no pants. Obviously everyone would want to do that. But, I'm sure you all know "that kid", and what they did wasn't a "hug". Worse, if "that kid" is a 40 year old balding man trying to get "likes". 😩

People are jerks, it's why we cannot have nice things.

That's all I'm saying. Much like Bob like's the Park Reservation system, Mickey probably liked a little distance from some people.

Or, maybe not. Maybe Mickey is "that guy". 🤔

mattpeto

I've seen TikTok and YouTube. There's nothing "social norms" about some of those interactions.

I mean, sure, which of us has not wanted to hug a six foot tall mouse wearing a shirt and no pants. Obviously everyone would want to do that. But, I'm sure you all know "that kid", and what they did wasn't a "hug". Worse, if "that kid" is a 40 year old balding man trying to get "likes". 😩

That's all I'm saying. Much like Bob like's the Park Reservation system, Mickey probably liked a little distance from some people.

To quote my 10 year old daughter: bruh

dreday3

I guess I'm happy I'm not on Tik Tok?

As a lady, I'll happily be giving Donald a big hug next time we go. I promise not to touch his cute fluffy butt! 😂

mmascari

To quote my 10 year old daughter: bruh
Is she a TikTok or YouTube creator?

Probably making thousands in add revenue with a million followers. It would certainly help pay for WDW trips.

I can only wish my kid was pulling that in, not just stupid non-monetized stuff when they should be doing homework. 😮‍💨

I guess I'm happy I'm not on Tik Tok?
You're probably better off. Same with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Google Plus, and My Space too.

Everyone knows the only place you want to go on the Internet is a Disney forum. But, not "that forum", you know the one. 😎 (Even still, can be risky.)

drizgirl

Or maybe Mickey loves his job and is in a low risk group and is just as happy as many guests are to get back to it.

Tom P.

My hope is we can argue about non distanced characters; implications, safey, super-spreader events etc. for at least another 967 pages so we can break the 6K page mark here!!!
I think @wdwmagic should announce that from April 1st - 3rd, the only topic of discussion permitted in this thread is whether masks work or not. We'd hit 6,000 posts in no time.

(Note: The preceding was a joke, intended to be humorous. It was not an attempt to start a masking discussion in contravention of moderator requests. Please do not reply seriously to this message, either pro or anti mask, and please continue to respect all board rules. Void where prohibited. Contents may have settled during shipping.)

correcaminos

I think @wdwmagic should announce that from April 1st - 3rd, the only topic of discussion permitted in this thread is whether masks work or not. We'd hit 6,000 posts in no time.

(Note: The preceding was a joke, intended to be humorous. It was not an attempt to start a masking discussion in contravention of moderator requests. Please do not reply seriously to this message, either pro or anti mask, and please continue to respect all board rules. Void where prohibited. Contents may have settled during shipping.)
I'd totally be in

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Kevin_W

I'm sure bad interactions happen, but there are also thousands of good ones.

Nothing I have done in my 25+ year career has inspired this much joy in someone. I think it must be fun to be those CM's a lto of the time.

Aurora Triptych by Kevin, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom