Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm so glad that they are keeping people who are COVID positive from skating around by themselves in the middle of an ice skating rink. Everyone is so much safer now that we've ruined some Olympic dreams that people have worked their whole lives for.

Yes, because we all know the competitors are magically teleported from their room to the middle of the rink so they don't come into contact with anyone else.

Lilofan

I'm so glad that they are keeping people who are COVID positive from skating around by themselves in the middle of an ice skating rink. Everyone is so much safer now that we've ruined some Olympic dreams that people have worked their whole lives for.
If you walk a while in other shoes, would you feel comfortable interacting with a covid positive person? The Olympic team that made the decision does not want to interact with someone covid positive. Sounds like logic 101 . The below average quarantine lodging and limited food options expressed by some athletes are other issues.

Last edited:

Trauma

If you walk a while in other shoes, would you feel comfortable interacting with a covid positive person? The Olympic team that made the decision does not want to interact with someone covid positive. Sounds like logic 101 . The below average quarantine lodging and limited food options expressed by some athletes are other issues.
I could care less who has Covid. I could be in a room with 20 positives.

I’m vaccinated.

You are around people who are positive all the time if you leave your house.

Do you walk around in fear?

Lilofan

I’m vaccinated.

You are around people who are positive all the time it you leave your house.

The Olympic team made their call. Not been following pro sports in the USA? Hint - they are doing the same. Covid positive go to quarantine.

Lilofan

I’m vaccinated.

You are around people who are positive all the time if you leave your house.

Where the evidence people are positive all the time? That's strange.

Vegas Disney Fan

Based on that persons experience last summer when Disney dropped the mask. I too, had the same experience. When we went last July you had to really search out any mask wears. Like he said 90% of the park goers were not masked.
I had the same experience, we managed one trip in that short maskless window at DL and masks were a rare sight. IIRC vaccines weren’t available yet for kids at the time but it was very rare to see any kids masked either.

Vegas was a similar experience, the day the mask mandate ended (for vaccinated people) mask usage essentially disappeared overnight, unfortunately it didn’t last because it was evident that even the unvaccinated weren’t wearing them anymore. When less than 50% of the population was vaccinated (at the time) but no one was wearing masks it was clear there was a problem.

Vegas Disney Fan

Where the evidence people are positive all the time? That's strange.

Positivity rates have been reported daily for the last couple years, most states are still well above 10% so it’s pretty safe to assume you cross paths with positive people every time you enter a store.

I just take it for granted that every time I go to work I interact with dozens of positive people, thankfully I’m vaccinated and boosted so I don’t worry about it too much. Life goes on.

Vegas Disney Fan

The interesting thing to me is case positivity rates are still high, overall cases are higher than at any other point of the pandemic (other than the Omicron peak a few weeks ago), hospitalizations rates are still at their peak, vaccination rates have essentially stalled… but even the most progressive states are dropping restrictions… so are we giving up on science, just fatigued and caving to the fact covids not going away, or admitting that natural herd immunity (most argued doesn’t exist) is now real?

What’s changed over the last 6 months that’s caused the shift? The only thing I can think of is mass infection with Omicron which lead to a form of herd immunity.

Lilofan

Positivity rates have been reported daily for the last couple years, most states are still well above 10% so it’s pretty safe to assume you cross paths with positive people every time you enter a store.

I just take it for granted that every time I go to work I interact with dozens of positive people, thankfully I’m vaccinated and boosted so I don’t worry about it too much. Life goes on.
Me too and when I took my family member for myeloma appt today, the RNs mentioned I am now eligible for 4th booster ( Moderna) since my 3rd booster was 6 months ago. Here's to another 6 months coverage of Moderna!

Lilofan

The fact that it’s unlikely or even possible to get it to zero means there will be Covid positive people around anyone at any given time. Unless one is isolating completely.
Then perhaps you've never known or come in contact with immunocompromised people like some in my family. They isolate at home but do not go out unless for specific reasons. The joking of people "hiding" in other posts is sickening. I've already lost friends to covid so this hits home to me.

Vegas Disney Fan

That can become addicting for many. In fact, I’m confident it already has. Part of the mental health crisis that is bound to rear its ugly head after this.

My patience level for stupidity is a fraction of what it used to be. People speeding, people not using blinkers, people tailgating, people running red lights, people driving way to fast in parking lots, people being rude, people not holding doors, people being obnoxiously loud, etc, etc, etc.

On my days off I do my best not to leave the house unless I have to, or it’s to do something fun like golfing, not because I’m worried about Covid but because people drive me crazy now.

Timmay

Then perhaps you've never known or come in contact with immunocompromised people like some in my family. They isolate at home but do not go out unless for specific reasons. The joking of people "hiding" in other posts is sickening. I've already lost friends to covid so this hits home to me.
Or perhaps we have, and they continue on with their work travel and daily lives without isolating at all.

Willmark

Yeah nothing you’ve said is what I’ve actually said.

I’ve made zero jokes about hiding and that’s you putting words in my mouth so kindly retract and stop. If you have issues with people making jokes about it direct it to them and leave me out of it.

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

While we're still fighting over masks and what Faucci said or didn't say (this seems like, so 2020...), I'm not sure if anyone saw this news item:

The article doesn't go into the reasoning why they stopped making the vaccine, but most likely because it seems to have become the least favored of those that are currently approved (that's my anecdotal observation). J&J's efficacy is somewhat lower than the two mRNA vaccines, and its the only one that has a reasonably dangerous potential side effect, although rare. With better options that have substantially cheaper production costs, I can understand why demand might be far less robust than for the mRNA formulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom