Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyThomas

Did they send it out 6 months ago?

Feels a little harsh otherwise to include the booster too. Every place I’ve heard had a requirement like this announced it with enough lead time for the unvaccinated to take action.

I like the sentiment, but also some lead time to allow people to react.
They told us months ago that all employees would have to be vaccinated to return to the office on January 10 when we reopen. All the NY and California employees are vaccinated but apparently there are a bunch of holdouts in the Nashville and Florida locations, so I think they’re doing this as a scare tactic……but they are also serious about it.

Vegas Disney Fan

They told us months ago that all employees would have to be vaccinated to return to the office on January 10 when we reopen. All the NY and California employees are vaccinated but apparently there are a bunch of holdouts in the Nashville and Florida locations, so I think they’re doing this as a scare tactic……but they are also serious about it.
Florida made it illegal to have a mandate for employment.

Is your company stepping up to take on Florida in the courts? Whats the company? it’ll be interesting to see how the courts rule.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Is your company stepping up to take on Florida in the courts? Whats the company? it’ll be interesting to see how the courts rule.

Yeah, I don’t exactly know how that works. Does it change things if the company headquarters are outside of Florida? I don’t know. How does that work for cruise ships based in Florida but with headquarters elsewhere? Again, I have no idea. Anyway, we’ll see what happens.

Vegas Disney Fan

Yeah, I don’t exactly know how that works. Does it change things if the company headquarters are outside of Florida? I don’t know. How does that work for cruise ships based in Florida but with headquarters elsewhere? Again, I have no idea. Anyway, we’ll see what happens.
The cruise lines won a legal case based on interstate commerce laws, as far as I know no company has taken on Florida yet. Disney is headquartered out of state and cancelled their mandate last month rather than taking on Florida so your company may be the first.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

This Christmas break will pain in my butt for this COVID-19 pandemic madness in California.
I wonder this will ending by Spring 2022 as possible. I want masks go away soon. Is NJ is not bring back mask mandate?

Joesixtoe

I'm pretty sure we haven't seen any study that says everyone should go out and get infected as a way to reduce spread.

I'm also pretty sure we haven't seen any study or development on a way to quantify a person's unique prior infection (or assumed infection) to know how their specific infection compares to the standard vaccine dose. Certainly not one that's easier or cheaper than just getting vaccinated with the standard dose.

All of the studies we've seen point to getting vaccinated offers additional protection beyond whatever condition someone had prior to vaccination.

• Someone who has never had COVID is better off after vaccination than they were before. At least for a time, and then they probably need another dose, up to at least 3 so far.
  • Someone who has had 1 or 2 vaccine doses is better off with an additional dose, up to at least 3 so far.
  • Someone who previously had COVID is better off after a vaccination dose than they were before.

It's kind of like an all expense paid free trip to WDW.
  • Someone who has never been to WDW will enjoy an all expense paid free trip to WDW.
  • Someone who has been to WDW just once will enjoy an all expense paid free trip to WDW.
  • Someone who has been to WDW many times will enjoy an all expense paid free trip to WDW.
What I'm saying is: Will someone please give me an all expense paid free trip to WDW? 🤩
Your comments on people are better off getting a vaccine for a time is telling. If that's what you want to do, by all means enjoy. No one person is trying to stop you. The reverse is. Hey I just threw out a few studies, there are many more. You may not like them or agree with them which is fine. People agree to disagree.

Joesixtoe

Just because you don't understand the scientific process doesn't mean we should just do... what? Whatever?

Science updates itself. So, yes, it changes.

You and others point to these updates/changes, and for some reason, want us to distrust science because it changes all the time... WILLY NILLY!!

But it doesn't change willy nilly, it changes with updated information. It is not being capricious, but following the data. Our understanding of things grows. That's change. But not change for change sake or because of an agenda, but because understanding grows.

And then you have the situation on the ground changing. New variants, of which we know very little. And so, the process begins again.

That's how science works. It lets us put a man on the moon. Put satellites in orbit so you can watch your TV shows and use GPS. It will keep you from dying of an infection with antibiotics. It can give us a vaccine to eradicate viruses, such as Small Pox.

So, I have no idea why you think science is just a bunch of crazy ideas thrown about and why you want us all to distrust it as much as you.
Someone comes up with a theory and then they themselves go out and try to disprove their own theory and when all else fails and their theory is correct then they publish their findings. What we are doing is finding away to handle covid, the science changes all the time for good reason, because it's new. However there are people that demand! And require! Many to trust the science cause for some reason the vaccines are the science that is perfectly clear, there is no changing on that subject! This is the way, do it or else.. maybe you shouldn't be allowed in restaurants? Sports venues, a job, or possibly a grocery store.. all because you have questions, and you shouldn't question the science even though it's always changing, but not on this one particular subject. Even though there are many opposing theories but!! They aren't Fauci so they are conspiracy theorists.. yes yes conspiracy theorists.

Joesixtoe

The study is neither peer reviewed nor uses vaccination status lesser than 6 months. Throwing out studies just to toss one is unhelpful busing science in quotes doesn't sit well with me either. Enjoy your day
I think your thinking of the Isreal study from earlier this year in which your correct they used vaccine studies from 6 months out. This is a new one. It does use recently vaccinated. I say science in quotes because right now it's a new virus and things are changing. Many on here are settled on the science and want others to comply or else. That's..unhealthy.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

Vegas Disney Fan

all because you have questions, and you shouldn't question the science even though it's always changing, but not on this one particular subject. Even though there are many opposing theories but!! They aren't Fauci so they are conspiracy theorists.. yes yes conspiracy theorists.

What questions still remain after a year and a half of testing and over 4 BILLION people receiving the vaccines?

Whether they are 80 or 90% effective? Whether they’ll last 6 months or longer? Whether it’ll end up being a yearly shot? all irrelevant in the short term… What we know for an absolute fact is the hospitals and morgues are currently filled with the unvaccinated by a ten to one margin compared to the vaccinated.

I didn’t want to be a Guinea pig either but we are well beyond that stage. If there were going to be major side affects they’d have shown by now… while people are questioning the science another half million Americans have died, the VAST majority unvaccinated.

I asked this question months ago but it still applies, what questions remain that would cause someone to choose a 1/1,000 chance of death over a 1/1,000,000 chance of a side affect? The odds are clear, to go against them makes no sense.

Patcheslee

12 absences rings a bell. In my school back in the day, some parents do not even blink an eye pulling their kid out of school for a week to spend that time on vacation at WDW.
I know, they've always be strict with the absences before, but now a parent calling in isn't enough after 5 of them. School didn't contact prosecutor unless they reached 5 unexcused.
If parents decided to take their kids out for vacation there is a prearranged absences form. It has to go through the principal first with a meeting and approval. Then kid has to take the form to all the teachers to sign as well. Teachers do not have to allow kid to make up tests or assignments if they choose. It can be denied based on academic standing and result in absence being recorded. We've never tried to jump through the hoops to do any of that.

Tony the Tigger

My job just sent out a company wide email stating that if any employee is not fully vaccinated, including booster, by January 1, they will conclude that any of those unvaccinated employees will have resigned their positions, effective immediately.

Cool. My only comment is some people might not be ready for the booster yet (if their second dose was less than 6 months ago.) I presume there's an exception for that?

correcaminos

Your comments on people are better off getting a vaccine for a time is telling. If that's what you want to do, by all means enjoy. No one person is trying to stop you. The reverse is. Hey I just threw out a few studies, there are many more. You may not like them or agree with them which is fine. People agree to disagree.
Your studies were NOT peer reviewed. I can throw out any study I want but doesn't mean it's valid. Look at the whole autism causes vaccines by a doctor who was supposed to be studying something entirely different and then flat out lied with data. The study you chose is cherry picking what it wants to fit your narrative. If found true, fine, but non peer reviewed and picking only data they want is not a valid study. Quit being anti-vax and just get your damn shots if you can so that those who legit cannot will be better protected.

I think your thinking of the Isreal study from earlier this year in which your correct they used vaccine studies from 6 months out. This is a new one. It does use recently vaccinated. I say science in quotes because right now it's a new virus and things are changing. Many on here are settled on the science and want others to comply or else. That's..unhealthy.
Nope, I am not. My post was directly in response to your "study" I don't play like that. I flat out quoted your study and showed its issues. When searching for your info posted I found articles talking about the issues with your findings. Not all studies are equal. At this point I'm done with this back and forth. Your comments are so dangerous but you stick by them. You have been anti-vax from day one that I can find in this thread. I have zero, and I mean zero, patience for that.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Technically it isn't illegal to have a mandate. It is illegal to have a mandate and not include a regular testing option (at employer expense) as well as several exemptions including planning to become pregnant (which does require a note from a physician and has a time period of the plan to be determined by the department of health).

A company can fire people if they want to for not being vaccinated but they will have to pay a fine of $10,000 for each one if they have under 100 employees and $50,000 for each one if they have 100 or more employees.

DisneyCane

Florida is a right to work state. You don’t need a reason to fire anyone.

Oops, you were one minute late today? Bye.
However, the new law says that if you fire them because they won't get vaccinated then your business is liable for a fine of $10,000 if you have fewer than 100 employees and $50,000 if you have more. The employee can't file a wrongful termination suit or anything like that unless they are working under an employment contract because it is a right to work state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom