Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopemax

They may handle with strict mitigation and lockdowns as they have down throughout the pandemic. And their higher vaccine rate probably helps as well. But their health care/hospital system can’t handle the same load as ours.

I really don’t understand what you’re arguing for us to do? Vaccine mandates for all? Lockdowns?
I am arguing for people to be fully aware of what might happen. To not be surprised when the numbers are worse than they expect. To not be surprised when decisions are made by the people tasked to make them. To hopefully not be resistant to those decisions because they recognize the situation is serious enough to alter the current course.

Why did you assume I was arguing for specific action? It's no wonder you don't understand, since that's not my intent.

Touchdown

As a vaccinated/boosted person, given early reports are only suggesting mild breakthrough cases, I will continue to operate as before, indoor masking, but I will still eat at the occasional resturant and I still plan to travel. Until more information is known the correct thing to do is take reasonable precautions.

Besides if reports are true, I’m going to have a really bad January at work and need to take a break this Dec before it gets worse.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I am arguing for people to be fully aware of what might happen. To not be surprised when the numbers are worse than they expect. To not be surprised when decisions are made by the people tasked to make them. To hopefully not be resistant to those decisions because they recognize the situation is serious enough to alter the current course.

Why did you assume I was arguing for specific action? It's no wonder you don't understand, since that's not my intent.
oh I guarantee you people are going to be resistant.

hopemax

I mean, if people want to roll into Christmas week without knowing what the situation is with Genie+ before they arrive, they can do that. I would think most people who are participating would want to know what they might be getting into, in advance. Especially, the downside possibilities since that's where all the potential disappointment lies. If things work out better, than it's a relief, everyone relaxes. If people come home all disappointed in only getting 1 or 2 Genie+ attractions, then people here point out how they should have known better.

This is an analogy, btw.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The new variant could be our best way out of the pandemic because there aren’t enough vaccinated in the world to beat it that way, an no one seems interested in mandating for all.

Overtake all other variants and burn through the world population as quickly as possible. Don’t mitigate much outside vaccines because you will just delay it. Hopefully it can be mild enough to not leave too much destruction in its path. Last point is important.

Touchdown

The new variant could be our best way out of the pandemic because there aren’t enough vaccinated in the world to beat it that way, an no one seems interested in mandating for all.

Overtake all other variants and burn through the world population as quickly as possible. Don’t mitigate much outside vaccines because you will just delay it. Hopefully it can be mild enough to not leave too much destruction in its path. Last point is important.
And kill millions of other people sick with hospital requiring ailments who can’t get the care they need as the health care system gets overrun.

Not a good plan Cotton.

Lilofan

We also don't know of the quality and suitability of it at completion. Lots of Communist China construction is tofu-dreg that is not durable, is composed of substandard materials and tends to prematurely decay or collapse. Smoke and mirrors show project.
Looks like you don't know FL quality construction of new homes.😉 What is your evidence of decay and collapse ?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
And kill millions of other people sick with hospital requiring ailments who can’t get the care they need as the health care system gets overrun.

Not a good plan Cotton.
We could just delay delay delay again. That’s worked out so well. Oh wait, no it hasn’t. The virus is still here throughout the entire world after two years and new variants continue to pop up.
Oh. We do have something that actually will save lives. Vaccines.

Touchdown

We could just delay delay delay again. That’s worked out so well. Oh wait, no it hasn’t. The virus is still here at throughout the entire world after two years and new variants continue to pop and freak out the world.
Oh. We do have something that actually will save lives. Vaccines.
I’m sorry that you don’t value innocent lives higher then convenience and the economy but a lot of people are going to disagree with you. Again, I was talking about people with appendicitis, small bowel obstructions, non Covid pneumonia, trauma from a motor vehicle accident, sepsis, heart attacks and strokes, etc, not unvaccinated people with Covid.

ERs are not allowed to turn away pts in this country and they are the gateway to the hospital. Your plan overwhelms those ERs and Hospitals by flooding them with Covid pts. That puts everyone who needs those resources at risk.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I’m sorry that you don’t value innocent lives higher then convenience and the economy but a lot of people are going to disagree with you. Again, I was talking about people with appendicitis, small bowel obstructions, non Covid pneumonia, trauma from a motor vehicle accident, sepsis, heart attacks and strokes, etc, not unvaccinated people with Covid.

ERs are not allowed to turn away pts in this country and they are the gateway to the hospital. Your plan overwhelms those ERs and Hospitals by flooding them with Covid pts. That puts everyone who needs those resources at risk.
People can save themselves and others by getting vaccinated. Nothing to do with the economy.
People say that the unvaccinated cause new variants to pop up. Yes, and so does mitigating because of the unvaccinated. Just delays the inevitable.
so if the world isn’t interested in mandating the vaccine for all and the new variant turns out to be a super spreader but is mild, let it burn through the population.

Touchdown

People can save themselves and others by getting vaccinated. Nothing to do with the economy.
People say that the unvaccinated cause new variants to pop up. Yes, and so does mitigating because of the unvaccinated. Just delays the inevitable.
so if the world isn’t interested in mandating the vaccine for all and the new variant turns out to be a super spreader but is mild, let it burn through the population.
We don’t know if it’s mild for all, and in fact early reports from SA contradict that (hospitalizations going up, amongst the unvaccinated.). That’s what I’m alluding to.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We don’t know if it’s mild for all, and in fact early reports from SA contradict that (hospitalizations going up, amongst the unvaccinated.). That’s what I’m alluding to.
Yet those dying after being admitted are way down. I bet many people are bringing themselves to the hospital because they are scared, when in the past they wouldn’t.

if it is not mild then I guess we are screwed for another year. Let’s continue for delay tactics and hope.

Touchdown

Yet those dying after being admitted are way down. I bet many people are bringing themselves to the hospital because they are scared, when in the past they wouldn’t.

if it is not mild then I guess we are screwed for another year. Let’s continue for delay tactics and hope.
Fear is not a reason for admission, a physician needs to deem your symptoms severe enough for admission.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Fear is not a reason for admission, a physician needs to deem your symptoms severe enough for admission.
Ehh. Not really. Hospitals admit for observation all the time. Especially with Covid. And the point about less deaths from these admitted, and cases being mild in comparison to delta and alpha still stands for now.

as I said. We can coninite to delay and hope one day that a variant will be super mild.

Touchdown

Ehh. Not really. Hospitals admit for observation all the time. Especially with Covid. And the point about less deaths from these admitted, and cases being mild in comparison to delta and alpha still stands for now.

as I said. We can coninite to delay and hope one day that a variant will be super mild.
I think I know a little bit more about admitting to the hospital then you. Other then the “too weak to go home” contingent, there are really good reason those obs pts are in the hospital and are treated no different.

Observation is a creation of the government to save on Medicare costs and completely arbitrary. Those people need to be in a hospital it’s just their problem is deemed to minor or able to be fixed too quickly to have the govt foot the whole bill.

Lilofan

That's incorrect, it is not many . I've got family friends in the industry. One reason the locations are overloaded is not only housing covid patients ( A number unvax) but many who stayed at home during pandemic not taking care of themselves until the point of going to hospital ( heart attack, stroke, drug overdoses/ abuse etc ). One hospital last year had to close their employee cafeteria in order to house overflow patients .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom