Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmoredRodent

The first ( Well he does have an earlier book, but never read so cannot comment on it) book/audiobook:
Well, the title, at least, is appropriate here:

hopemax

Omicron update. Another Tweet thread from Trevor Bedford. I am linking to a later tweet, because it's his concern. Lots of explanation in the prior tweets so click thru and scroll up.

Estimate of Rt in South Africa is 3. South Africa is estimated to have immunity around 90%, primarily through natural infection (full vax is only 25%). It's still Rt of 3. That's not good. If you have been vaccinated or prior infection, mild infection is likely. Most people in South Africa have some immunity so that's why they are reporting mostly mild illness. Last week (?) I posted to a link of CDC estimates of natural infection in the US. We still have millions of people with no immunity against SARS-COV-2. We don't have evidence to say for these people that their infection will be any milder than wild, Alpha or Delta. We don't know how the people with immunity but also significant comorbidities will fare. I don't have good expectations for the continuing strain on our hospitals and health care workers, because the math is still not in our favor, and most people won't be expecting it anymore than they expected what happened with Delta.

JoeCamel

Keep yo slime to yo self

"
Dr. Paul Cieslak, the medical director for communicable diseases and immunizations with OHA, says making the rule permanent doesn't mean it'll be in place forever.

RELATED | Reporter in DC asks Oregon governor when statewide mask mandate will end

"Permanent means indefinite. It doesn’t necessarily mean permanent," Dr. Cieslak said. "We can repeal it as well, but we are only allowed to have a temporary rule for 180 days, and anything that goes beyond 180 days, we cannot extend it."

GimpYancIent

I don't eat much meat - I do take some multivitamins to compensate. I love gummies - so I grew up from Flintstones 🤣
Hey! Each his or her own. I take one a day / Cod Liver oil and I admit it a gummy here and there, but I do enjoy a good medium steak w onion, chicken breast on a bead of rice or good old pulled BBQ pork w a side of potato salad, Yum.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Big jumps in the case numbers in the North East that last few days..

PA:

1638664761680.png

NJ:
1638664736180.png

NY:
1638664803410.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Exactly what would the motivation be for them not to repeal it?
All laws and rules can be repealed. What is their motivation to repeal it?

“nobody wants masks forever”
2 days later…
“Ooo let’s make our mask mandate permnanent even though pretty much every state has or is ending their own…but don’t worry, we can always repeal it. Permanent isn’t really permanent. We just won’t tell you when we will repeal or the conditions for doing so. And we can change the conditions anytime anyways. But trust us!!”

Last edited:

correcaminos

Hey! Each his or her own. I take one a day / Cod Liver oil and I admit it a gummy here and there, but I do enjoy a good medium steak w onion, chicken breast on a bead of rice or good old pulled BBQ pork w a side of potato salad, Yum.
I actually don't do gummies regularly. Only recently because they were in stock and my others were not lol. My husband does some type of fish oil himself. As one with a mild allergy to onions and intentionally avoids all steak that meal would be out. Love rice and chicken though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom