Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

I’m kinda “over” debating personal preference. There are outlier reasons I consider…but most are not outlier.

disputing masks because some moron on tv or website tells them to are most of the “inliers”
Is it ok if a person didn't listen to anybody on TV or read any website but instead looked at available studies themselves, including studies done over the course of decades on other respiratory viruses? Does that make them an "outlier" or an "inlier?"

Heppenheimer

In other news, just a reminder that being fully vaccinated (and boosted) against COVID means squat if you get hit by another respiratory virus. My son brought something home from his pre-preschool sessions and both my wife and I are completely knocked out from it. We all tested negative for COVID-19, so I guess that's good. Still feel like garbage, though.

Lilofan

In other news, just a reminder that being fully vaccinated (and boosted) against COVID means squat if you get hit by another respiratory virus. My son brought something home from his pre-preschool sessions and both my wife and I are completely knocked out from it. We all tested negative for COVID-19, so I guess that's good. Still feel like garbage, though.
Did you get the flu shot?

mmascari

Is that how medicine works now?
Have you met the US Healthcare system? ;)
The part where we want everyone to take it when the studies don't support that.
I posted an FDA tweet a while back with statistics on the different treatment applications that went into their intake process. The vast majority of those never got approval for use. A chunk of them never even got approval to do studies in people. Meaning the base data used to apply for further study was so not compelling or would so not allow current treatment options that they didn't even get to the next step because a patient could be worse off. Even if the data wasn't compelling but a study would do no harm and allow current treatment options at the same time, those would have at least moved a little to prove out they were not helpful.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Sorry, that sucks...In the last couple weeks at my 3 year old's pre-school, they have had at least one case of hand-foot-mouth and a couple of croup. No COVID though!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm reminded of the nasal flu vaccine that was discontinued when it wasn't effective enough. Let's hope these do better.

Perhaps a regular vaccine and a nasal helper just for the front line nose.
I feel like there were a few vaccines my kids got as infants and/or toddlers that were nasal. At least one I remember? Can't remember which.

James J

In the Parks
No
Not quite…

the current spike over seas may need to pass…perhaps the Northern hemisphere winter? I’m optimistic for the spring…then we can fight over some awful economic math full time 👍🏻

Yep, after a decent fall in the cases the UK is you guessed it, going back up again at the same rate:

1637081825228.png

Yesterday they announced that booster shots are now available for those over 40 after it was previously the over 50's (plus those with health conditions etc), and that 16 and 17 year olds could now come forward for second jabs rather than just having one.

Hopefully these measures make a dent and we can make it through to the Spring without having a really awful winter in terms of cases, hospitalisations and deaths.

DisneyCane

Yep, after a decent fall in the cases the UK is you guessed it, going back up again at the same rate:

View attachment 600993

Yesterday they announced that booster shots are now available for those over 40 after it was previously the over 50's (plus those with health conditions etc), and that 16 and 17 year olds could now come forward for second jabs rather than just having one.

Hopefully these measures make a dent and we can make it through to the Spring without having a really awful winter in terms of cases, hospitalisations and deaths.
With widespread vaccine availability, who cares about cases? As long as the vaccines keep the hospitalizations and deaths in check just get vaccinated and stop worrying about COVID.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
As long as the vaccines keep the hospitalizations and deaths in check just get vaccinated and stop worrying about COVID.
This is the key. But if hospitalizations start to increase dramatically, NHS is going to struggle. Capacity, etc....isn't at US levels exactly.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Blahh. NY, IL, PA, MI, VT....not great...we will see how this goes through the next month or so. Have we seen their hospitalizations jump a lot already? I hope not.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is it ok if a person didn't listen to anybody on TV or read any website but instead looked at available studies themselves, including studies done over the course of decades on other respiratory viruses? Does that make them an "outlier" or an "inlier?"
Yes…absolutely

your problem is your talking points line up 99.9% to the talking picture panel. But you don’t watch so you wouldn’t realize that…no foul 😎

DisneyCane

Yes…absolutely

your problem is your talking points line up 99.9% to the talking picture panel. But you don’t watch so you wouldn’t realize that…no foul 😎
Maybe they got their talking points from me! :)

I really don't watch cable news (or any news) at all. A long time ago I learned that I really don't care about 99% of the stories on the news so I stopped watching. It doesn't help that most stories are negative and depressing. I see headlines on the financial news from time to time and then research them.

sullyinMT

With widespread vaccine availability, who cares about cases? As long as the vaccines keep the hospitalizations and deaths in check just get vaccinated and stop worrying about COVID.
They’re not exactly bottoming out, and may have hit their best of the decline.

I hope you’re right, but the NHS hospitalization data isn’t looking great.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare#card-patients_in_hospital

I can’t find a good chart to paste and I’m on my phone, but Portugal has a high relative rate of vaccination, some 80% of their population. They have a little surge going on now, but let’s keep an eye on their hospitalizations and see if our collective hope holds.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe they got their talking points from me! :)

I really don't watch cable news (or any news) at all. A long time ago I learned that I really don't care about 99% of the stories on the news so I stopped watching. It doesn't help that most stories are negative and depressing. I see headlines on the financial news from time to time and then research them.
Fair enough…

…avoid the internet too…just in case 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom