Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Perhaps it will also sink in for you that these waves are just natural cycles. I didn't put FL on any pedestal, I've been pointing out that the wave (tidal wave at that) ended because that's how viral outbreaks work. I fully anticipate an "aftershock" to the wave over the next couple of months as people from the northeast where spread is higher travel down to FL and bring more infections with them.

COVID isn't going to zero and likely never will. There will be waves of it everywhere for the foreseeable future for sure and likely the rest of our lives.

So lets stop treating it like Armageddon, dispense with the mitigation (other than encouraging vaccination) and live with it.
The goal with covid is to make it endemic.

that will make it “just like the flu”…for the first time ever. You’ll get what you want then 👍🏻

no masks on rise of the reboot

DisneyCane

The goal with covid is to make it endemic.

that will make it “just like the flu”…for the first time ever. You’ll get what you want then 👍🏻

no masks on rise of the reboot
Isn't it pretty much already there (at least in the US) given the easily available "vaccines" for self protection that are now available all the way down to 5 years old?

Shouldn't need masks to protect you from the Kylo Ren AA on the glorified dark ride currently.

drizgirl

I would like to think we could all have some perspective on that. The last year was absolute hell. I truly don’t think I can go through what our family had to again. If taking a booster annually, or even every 6-8 months is necessary to stop that from happening again, I will gladly do so.

(and yes, each of the shots - Pfizer for me - has knocked me out, so I get that it’s not like the flu shot).
Hugs. I know you've had challenges some of us can't even imagine.

I'm sure a bunch of us would take it again. Unfortunately I think large numbers wouldn't.

drizgirl

Isn't it pretty much already there (at least in the US) given the easily available "vaccines" for self protection that are now available all the way down to 5 years old?

Shouldn't need masks to protect you from the Kylo Ren AA on the glorified dark ride currently.
Lots of schools around here dropped mask mandates yesterday following the county dropping the mandate last week.

One school chose an interesting path. 6-12 no mask mandate for anyone. Grade school kids must stay masked but teachers and staff can go without. I'm sure that's going over well.

Heppenheimer

Infection and treatment is not a better alternative to vaccination/prevention.

this keeps popping up: “take a pill” is our go to…but not advisable. Better to continue to try and spread the shield than “oh…I got it…can you give me a pill?”

it continues to be a difficult thing to navigate in real time
We're also waiting for the fine details of the trial, but kind of like influenza antivirals, I suspect it probably only has a limited time window in which it will work. A really good tool, yes, but not a pandemic stopper either.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I'm sure a bunch of us would take it again. Unfortunately I think large numbers wouldn't.
Yes…and from the wisdom/truth perspective…they would continue to make the wrong choice
Lots of schools around here dropped mask mandates yesterday following the county dropping the mandate last week.

One school chose an interesting path. 6-12 no mask mandate for anyone. Grade school kids must stay masked but teachers and staff can go without. I'm sure that's going over well.
We have 5 or so positives almost daily…almost all from the k-3 schools. But it’s also staff. Our vaccine rate (allegedly) is 94% of staff and around 65% student (rising with the 5-11 authorization.)…

so this is still an annoyance. The masks are still a very minor thing that people stomp their feet over.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Not quite…

…the current spike over seas may need to pass…perhaps the Northern hemisphere winter? I’m optimistic for the spring…then we can fight over some awful economic math full time 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We're also waiting for the fine details of the trial, but kind of like influenza antivirals, I suspect it probably only has a limited time window in which it will work. A really good tool, yes, but not a pandemic stopper either.
I appreciate your posts…always. Because not only are you qualified more than the rest of us to give them…but they are all common sense. And that is really what we’ve lost and need back as a collective.

Angel Ariel

Thank you 🫂 I honestly am still having a hard time even processing half of the last 18 months because there’s always a new challenge that turns up :(

There was and is truth to the whole it takes a village idea…it saddens me that society really doesn’t work that way anymore.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Depends on the person's point of view as to whether or not they agree with this statement. Many people have differing views on this topic for their own reasons.
I’m kinda “over” debating personal preference. There are outlier reasons I consider…but most are not outlier.

disputing masks because some moron on tv or website tells them to are most of the “inliers”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because you have never stayed there ?
Nah…I have and I really like it…

there’s just somethings I can’t look at Even in a place I come to divert my attention (like now…from 100 pages of technical nonsense 😡)

…like trip reports. Who looks for praise for taking a vacation at the most self contained vacation complex in the United States?

I don’t get it…I guess I’m flawed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom